News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

KSTDART

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by KSTDART »

Nothing official but on their forum there is a post saying Taylor has gone / sacked 😳😳😳
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Quite a few sources have reported that Peter Taylor was sacked after yesterdays match with Bath City but no official announcement has come from Welling so far. We can all relate to following a club who provide their supporters with very little news :roll:
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

IF thats true then Wellings Chairman has proved he really what they say he is , there is obviously something desperately wrong at that Club and I actually feel very sorry for their loyal band of fans
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

I see that SkySports are showing a Dover as being relegated, only themselves to blame!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Parmenter is to blame!! Again feel sympathy for the genuine fans!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Warren Feeney takes over at Bus Stop FC, Now that was a quick appointment.................

https://www.wellingunited.com/club-stat ... s-manager/
Harry

Post by Harry »

Bizzare, third manager of the season for the Welling, genuinely hope they stay up. Thought Taylor would be given more time.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Perhaps they already had him lined up and were just waiting for the opportunity to sack Taylor. What a way to run a railway (or 96 bus). :?
Buzz stop

Post by Buzz stop »

It really is a shit show at PVR at the moment. Place is falling apart. Goldberg shows no interest in it. This Warren Feeney must be hard up and desperate for a job that’s all I can think.
Spike

Post by Spike »

M1 South wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:41 pm Parmenter is to blame!! Again feel sympathy for the genuine fans!!
Agreed. It was stupid to unilaterally down tools when they could have fielded a team and fulfilled their obligation to play. Even if their claims about not having the finances were true, they could simply have cut costs and fielded youngsters to honour their commitments. That would have been infinitely better than just throwing in the towel and quitting. Parmenter spouted a load of nonsense about the integrity of the league being diminished if they had played a weakened team, but it was Dover's disgraceful decision to quit that lacked integrity and the club got exactly what it deserved. They started this season on -12 and after 32 games have only progressed to -4, so they are currently averaging 1 point from every 4 games. It is still a very real possibility that they could finish the season with a minus points total, which I would think has probably never happened before. In the event that they do finish with a minus total then they won't have suffered the full 12 point deduction, so in my view they should be made to carry the minus figure forward into next season.

That said, I do genuinely feel for the supporters as this wasn't their fault and I have great respect for those that are still following the club in what must be an absolutely dreadful season. But on the plus side, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if their club's cash flow problems suddenly improve during the summer as they find a way to compete for promotion next season.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Its very sad at Welling-i know we have the local rivalry etc but it benefits us all if we are thriving and healthy. Local derbies help keep teams like us alive and i feel we should appreciate each other more.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

KingKong wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:41 pm Its very sad at Welling-i know we have the local rivalry etc but it benefits us all if we are thriving and healthy. Local derbies help keep teams like us alive and i feel we should appreciate each other more.
Except for Maidstone. I stay up later and get up earlier so that I can dislike them longer!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I see Havant beat Hungerford 4-0 tonight, hopefully they got their goals out of the way tonight and won’t be scoring on Saturday.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:25 pm
KingKong wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:41 pm Its very sad at Welling-i know we have the local rivalry etc but it benefits us all if we are thriving and healthy. Local derbies help keep teams like us alive and i feel we should appreciate each other more.
Except for Maidstone. I stay up later and get up earlier so that I can dislike them longer!
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Yes I forgot about maidstone..
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Article in Daily Mail re Peter Taylor , seems he was being told who to play and which players were to be signed so he had a " conversation " with Goldberg and 4 hours later sacked by telephone , says it all !!!!!!!!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Feeny says it was a 'no brainer' for him to take on the job and said that he liked the plans of Goldberg and the way the club was going.
So, that's down in the Isthmian Premier then. Riccay are on a roll, I don't think that Welling have enough wind in their sails to stay up. Hope that I'm wrong and Feeny has started with a win after wholesale changes.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

ozymandias wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:28 am Feeny says it was a 'no brainer' for him to take on the job and said that he liked the plans of Goldberg and the way the club was going.
So, that's down in the Isthmian Premier then. Riccay are on a roll, I don't think that Welling have enough wind in their sails to stay up. Hope that I'm wrong and Feeny has started with a win after wholesale changes.
I would love to see them relegated the only downside is the guaranteed six points we would miss out on if we don’t get promoted. :lol: :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Wicked :D