News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

Lars Resort

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by Lars Resort »

Write up in the NLP re Stringer's shift at Welling. A team we were gloating at by saying they were 'dead and buried ' at Christmas.🤫🤭
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Lars Resort wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:22 am Write up in the NLP re Stringer's shift at Welling. A team we were gloating at by saying they were 'dead and buried ' at Christmas.🤫🤭
That's the nub of our whole dilemma - the season finishes at the end of April - most of our squad gave up at Christmas.......
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:27 am
Lars Resort wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:22 am Write up in the NLP re Stringer's shift at Welling. A team we were gloating at by saying they were 'dead and buried ' at Christmas.🤫🤭
That's the nub of our whole dilemma - the season finishes at the end of April - most of our squad gave up at Christmas.......
Christmas 2022?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Apparently Gateshead have been denied the chance to play in the play offs.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Lars Resort wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:45 pm Apparently Gateshead have been denied the chance to play in the play offs.
Something to do with not being able to guarantee 10 years tenure at the International Stadium, a requirement of the EFL.
Does make a mockery of teams without a stadium at all.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

DA Mikey wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:16 pm
Lars Resort wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:45 pm Apparently Gateshead have been denied the chance to play in the play offs.
Something to do with not being able to guarantee 10 years tenure at the International Stadium, a requirement of the EFL.
Does make a mockery of teams without a stadium at all.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n=sharebar

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/na ... club-81474
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Also, when will there be some uniformity across the board with the different leagues over the docking of points?
Re playing of ineligible players
Mickleover -12 points.
Harborough -6 points
Torquay -1.
I get it may have been because of the severity of the misdemeanor but it could have made a hell of a lot of difference to our season had it been the severe charge.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Or is it that the National League wouldn't like to see a team of Torquay 's calibre, an ex EFL club, a club with a potential for large crowds , be seen dropping into Southern League football?
Even though they entered administration, almost liquidation and played an ineligible player to boot.
I rest my case.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Lars Resort wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:44 am Also, when will there be some uniformity across the board with the different leagues over the docking of points?
Re playing of ineligible players
Mickleover -12 points.
Harborough -6 points
Torquay -1.
I get it may have been because of the severity of the misdemeanor but it could have made a hell of a lot of difference to our season had it been the severe charge.
I think it depends on the results of the matches the ineligible player appeared in.

I.e. offending team gains a draw and 1 point deducted or a win and 3 points deducted. Not sure there is any points deduction if the offending team lost the match or whether just a financial penalty? Perhaps someone else can confirm?
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Llamaman

Post by Llamaman »

No need for conspiracy theories. FA regs. points won whilst fielding an inelibible player are lost up to a maximum of 12. Plus a fine related to playing level & total number of points gained above 12.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Taunton Town have decided 'not to renew' the contract of their manager Rob Dray - they want a 're-set'!!

Rob has managed Taunton since 2018 and in that time they have seen the most successful spell in their history. FA Cup First Round played to a full house at Wordsworth Drive. Two promotions to get to the NLS. Earlier this season they topped the table, easily the highest they have ever been. Then the financial crisis hit the club with a winding up petition from HMRC which led to a fire sale of their top players and others being released to cut the wage bill. Players and staff were unpaid, or paid late, on a number of occasions. Then the chaos of having a totally unplayable pitch - no home game for 43 days, and then still more postponements. Rob kept the basis of his team together and, against all the odds, nearly kept them up using half of his original team and a number of raw youngsters. According to the word on the block in Taunton, Rob has been unpaid for 4 months, (I know for a fact that the groundsman had not been paid for 3 months towards the end of March, when he left for another job at a senior cricket club.)

So is this the way for a club to repay a loyal servant who has taken them to their highest level ever and then stayed true to the cause despite chaos all around and not being paid on time?

It does make things at DFC look a little less bleak.......
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Steve Irving hits the nail on the head with his interview in the kentonline.
Mind you, he couldn't really miss. Stating the obvious really.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Lars Resort wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:52 pm Steve Irving hits the nail on the head with his interview in the kentonline.
Any link?
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm
Lars Resort wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:52 pm Steve Irving hits the nail on the head with his interview in the kentonline.
Any link?
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... on-305677/
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

The Futures White wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:34 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm
Any link?
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... on-305677/
Cheers.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Links!!! I can't even get the brown square that highlighted my post. I'm no technical guy 😞.
I'm sure someone would have come up with it.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

There you are SD. How do people do that?
How do you get brown squares?
Believe me, I'm not bothered. I leave it to others.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Another kentonline from Steve Irving re attracting more fans and no, I won't do the link.🤫
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Lars Resort wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:37 pm Another kentonline from Steve Irving re attracting more fans and no, I won't do the link.🤫
You'll find both in: https://thedarts.eu/puredfc/viewforum.php?f=4 :D
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

“He’s a lovely guy”
Hopefully being lovely will get the darts promoted at the first time of asking…..