News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

KentC

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by KentC »

[media][/media]
Hitchin Dart79 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:05 pm
ozymandias wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:08 am This is fun :D Looking forward to next weeks game with the Clarets. As Duke says 'a humdinger'. I hope we get a good crowd as a lot seem to be confused.
I turned up for yesterdays match, it had been called off. Did anyone else know? There was only me and B&WArmy there. :D
. B&Warmy said our performance was still shit even though we didn’t play yesterday!

Yeh but he makes his predictions from his bedroom with the curtains closed
Buzz stop

Post by Buzz stop »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:43 pm Are Welling in trouble? Lost again today to Concord (along with another red card)

Only 6 points off the relegation zone and a lot of teams around there seem to be picking up points (plus Taunton with 5 games in hand)
The answer is yes. Lost to Taunton on Tuesday 21st. Cant buy a goal. Crap soul destroying football. Sub standard players on decent money. Absolutely no rhyme nor reason to the pattern of play. Four home wins all season. Very toxic around the ground. Most fans want Warren Feeney gone. Random fella from the dugout wanting to fight the fans at the end of the Taunton game.( see welling twitter) God only knows what the players are up to during their three training sessions a week. Not practicing football that's for sure. Ryman league beckons.
Nin

Post by Nin »

Buzz stop wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:20 am
Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:43 pm Are Welling in trouble? Lost again today to Concord (along with another red card)

Only 6 points off the relegation zone and a lot of teams around there seem to be picking up points (plus Taunton with 5 games in hand)
The answer is yes. Lost to Taunton on Tuesday 21st. Cant buy a goal. Crap soul destroying football. Sub standard players on decent money. Absolutely no rhyme nor reason to the pattern of play. Four home wins all season. Very toxic around the ground. Most fans want Warren Feeney gone. Random fella from the dugout wanting to fight the fans at the end of the Taunton game.( see welling twitter) God only knows what the players are up to during their three training sessions a week. Not practicing football that's for sure. Ryman league beckons.
Steve King was watching the match. Anyway, according to Feeney its all down to one player

The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Should Gateshead or York City survive in the National League, it is likely one of Oxford City, St Albans, Braintree or Hemel Hempstead would be playing NL North football next season!

Oxford City and Bishop Stortford (currently 2nd in the Isthmian League Premier) have both previously spent time in the Conference/NL North.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

That will give them some traveling!!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

Buzz stop wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:20 am

I like Feeney, particularly his post match interviews which focus primarily on his own playing career rather than all that boring stuff about the match his team have just played. Apparently he played against Ronaldo and Messi but I am reliably informed that he has modestly failed to mention this on at least one occasion although I must have missed that one myself.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Warren Feeney looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights and all the looking around while talking suggests he's looking out for someone giving him the chop
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Spike wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:18 pm
I like Feeney, particularly his post match interviews which focus primarily on his own playing career rather than all that boring stuff about the match his team have just played. Apparently he played against Ronaldo and Messi but I am reliably informed that he has modestly failed to mention this on at least one occasion although I must have missed that one myself.
:D :D :D :D
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Taunton Dart wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:16 am Warren Feeney looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights and all the looking around while talking suggests he's looking out for someone giving him the chop
Maybe he’s just done a deal with Rory McAuley!?
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Ebbsfleet have been advised that Taunton are having a pitch inspection at 8.00 in the morning, could this be another game off!
Spike

Post by Spike »

Undercover Elephant wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:19 am Ebbsfleet have been advised that Taunton are having a pitch inspection at 8.00 in the morning, could this be another game off!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

This Taunton v Ebbsfleet have should have been called off yesterday at a 4.30 inspecting but Ebbsfleet wanted another inspection at 8am this morning. I assumed they have travelled overnight and don't want the excitement of coming down to Taunton again. Having said that we have had heavy rain here all week and Thursday's race meeting had surface water on the track. Will be very surprised if this one is played as its drizzling again.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Concord off again just the 11 games to squeeze into 28 days! Good luck with that schedule!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Maidstone's relegation has been confirmed.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:17 pm Maidstone's relegation has been confirmed.

That’s a shame
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Cheshunt v Worthing and Farnborough v Tonbridge have been called off due to waterlogged pitches.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Kent on line reports that in yesterdays game v Cheshunt , the Cheshunt Manager " floored " the lovable Dennis [ the German guy ] who was also the victim[?] of Doswelll calling him a " name " and getting a 12 match ban , despite this Dennis says he is a humble guy and then goes on to slag dartford wins over them by saying that our players are used to playing [ at their level] in National South and understand local derby mentality , whereas he guys [ prima donnas] have played at higher level so not aware , he really does come across as a real pr..k and would love it if we could do battle with his prima donnas next season !!!!!!!!!!!

What I really hope for is that Ebbsfleet blow up next season and he gets a one way ticket back to Germany !!!!!!!!!!!!!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

The Duke wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:59 am Kent on line reports that in yesterdays game v Cheshunt , the Cheshunt Manager " floored " the lovable Dennis [ the German guy ] who was also the victim[?] of Doswelll calling him a " name " and getting a 12 match ban , despite this Dennis says he is a humble guy and then goes on to slag dartford wins over them by saying that our players are used to playing [ at their level] in National South and understand local derby mentality , whereas he guys [ prima donnas] have played at higher level so not aware , he really does come across as a real pr..k and would love it if we could do battle with his prima donnas next season !!!!!!!!!!!

What I really hope for is that Ebbsfleet blow up next season and he gets a one way ticket back to Germany !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been looking for a video of this but haven’t found anything yet.
Jurgen’s comments were bizarre about their losses at Christmas - those results must still be niggling on some level, which is great.
Hopefully we go up with them and his players are again too experienced to win derby matches.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

The Duke wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:59 am Kent on line reports that in yesterdays game v Cheshunt , the Cheshunt Manager " floored " the lovable Dennis
Maybe he was doing a Harry Kane? :D

Photo is from here: https://amyevephotography.smugmug.com/E ... eshunt-FC/
Attachments
eb1.jpg
Park Life

Post by Park Life »