News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

The Futures White

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by The Futures White »

Warren Feeney has returned to Northern Ireland to become the new manager of Glentoran.
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Dave T wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:31 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:02 pm Steve King has departed Gloucester. Fully expect to see him back in the South next season.

https://www.gloucestercityafc.com/post/ ... g-chairman
What odds for Kingy at Eastbourne Borough next season? I know the current regime are happy with Danny Bloor and wouldn't touch King with a barge pole. But the new owners, with plenty of cash to splash might see him as the ideal man for the job? He only lives 10 minutes from the ground too!
I still expect Kingy to end up there. Hardly suprised to see poor old Danny Bloor shown the door, which is very harsh on him indeed. A genuine football man and a really nice guy with it, but money talks and it's clear Borough will be a very different club in future. Let's hope in a years time the Borough fans are happy with their club and it's all been worthwhile!

What price they reach the 2024 play-off final and then blow it.... as Kingy does year after year after year 😄😄😄😄
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Dave T wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:16 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:02 pm Steve King has departed Gloucester. Fully expect to see him back in the South next season.

What odds for Kingy at Eastbourne Borough next season? I know the current regime are happy with Danny Bloor and wouldn't touch King with a barge pole. But the new owners, with plenty of cash to splash might see him as the ideal man for the job? He only lives 10 minutes from the ground too!
I still expect Kingy to end up there. Hardly suprised to see poor old Danny Bloor shown the door, which is very harsh on him indeed. A genuine football man and a really nice guy with it, but money talks and it's clear Borough will be a very different club in future. Let's hope in a years time the Borough fans are happy with their club and it's all been worthwhile!

What price they reach the 2024 play-off final and then blow it.... as Kingy does year after year after year 😄😄😄😄
Didn’t king give the reason he left Gloucester because they went back to being part time or the real reason the budget was cut.Eastbourne are only part time so that would go against his ambition.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Careful you'll set that Paul Hurley fella off on another twitter rant because he loves Steve King that much.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Mark Sweet wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:05 pm

Careful you'll set that Paul Hurley fella off on another twitter rant because he loves Steve King that much.
To late already biting his rantings are very sad and boring.
Accused Dartford fans of living in the past, but is still crying about the sacking of King a year later.🤣
I await his next pathetic comment.
Didn’t have to wait long still crying.🙉🙉🥱🥱
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Don’t think you should be posting actual name names on here, to be fair!!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

M1 South wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:52 pm Don’t think you should be posting actual name names on here, to be fair!!
He's got his name PUBLIC on twitter and tweets defaming waffle on twitter about members of the forum, club and board every day. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I respect that. However there is a way of expressing that opinion and I think he does it in the wrong way and crosses the line in doing so.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I don’t do social media so can’t comment on that!!
Just enjoy the forum banter, as long as it doesn’t get too personal that’s all !!
Spike

Post by Spike »

I get on alright with "Reg", but I'm afraid that a lot of the stuff he posts on social media goes far beyond banter. Some of it is personal, malicious and slanderous and I would have thought, illegal. It's quite sad really, I just wish people could move on with their lives and leave the past behind them. Having said that, there's still a few on here who can't do that which is a shame.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Eastbourne appoint Mark Beard as new manager he was Dorkings first team coach.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Coach Beard - will he bring Ted in too?
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

BRASSNECK wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:14 pm

Eastbourne appoint Mark Beard as new manager he was Dorkings first team coach.
Looks like the EBFC old guard got their way then!!!
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

A full list of the 2023/24 Vanarama National League key dates are as follows:
• Fixture Release Day – Wednesday 5 July 2023, 1pm
• Opening Day – Saturday 5 August 2023
• Closing Day – Saturday 20 April 2024
• Play-Off Eliminator A (5th v 6th) – Tuesday 23 April 2024
• Play-Eliminator B (4th v 7th) – Wednesday 24 April 2024
• Play-Off Semi-Finals – Sunday 28 April 2024
• National League Promotion Final – Saturday 4 May 2024
• National League North/South Promotion Finals – Sunday 5 May 2024
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Please no more play off penalties!! Highest team goes through or wins AET
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Danny Bloor takes charge at Welling
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Danny Bloor confirmed as Welling boss
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Pedro wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:17 pm Danny Bloor confirmed as Welling boss
Good luck to him at Welling, he will be quite a different character to Feeney, who always seemed to have a massively over inflated opinion of his own ability!!!!
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Bishop's Stortford's appeal turned down by F.A. so make-up of NLS unchanged.
Strangely, I could now travel 17 miles south down the M11 from Essex/Cambs border to watch National League North matches, if I wasn't so committed to 62 years of the joys and sorrows of supporting the Darts!
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Eastbourne Borough go full time and have released all their part time players.... including 'keeper Lee Worgan.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Ah, just what Mitch Beeney needed, a nice warm welcome.🤔