News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

KentC.

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by KentC. »

Ebsfleet finished above us. They beat Chippenham something we haven’t done in 3 games with them so unfortunately Ebsfleet deserve to be in the final. I’d be shocked if Dorking don’t batter them though.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

KentC. wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:45 pm Ebsfleet finished above us. They beat Chippenham something we haven’t done in 3 games with them so unfortunately Ebsfleet deserve to be in the final. I’d be shocked if Dorking don’t batter them though.
Chips then Batter - very good!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Dorking and Ebbsfleet gone to extra time

Ebbsfleet scoring what looked to be a winner in the 93rd, originally 6 minutes added on however their fans decided to throw a flare on the pitch. Dorking then equalised in the 100th minute.

Dorking just scored early on in extra time.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:13 pm Dorking and Ebbsfleet gone to extra time

Ebbsfleet scoring what looked to be a winner in the 93rd, originally 6 minutes added on however their fans decided to throw a flare on the pitch. Dorking then equalised in the 100th minute.

That idiot who chucked the flare on the pitch may have cost them but know doubt they will blame the ref.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:32 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:13 pm Dorking and Ebbsfleet gone to extra time

That idiot who chucked the flare on the pitch may have cost them but know doubt they will blame the ref.
It has cost them, 3-2 Dorking FT. Happy to see them go up and not Ebbsfleet.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

How wrong was I always thought the team with more flare would win 😂
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

JCJ wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:15 pm How wrong was I always thought the team with more flare would win 😂
:lol: :lol: :lol:
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

At least 2 x shitty 4G pitches less next season!!
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:32 pm

They are blaming everyone they can and complaining about the police. What a horrible horrible way to lose. I still can’t stop laughing at the tin pot club
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Justice for Dorking!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Tall Dart wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:36 pm Justice for Dorking!
And Ebbsfleet!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

No doubt Fleet were the better side for the first 90 minutes. Robbed. :shock:
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

I can't imagine how much that hurt. They still had the chance to win though on extra time so perhaps a little less moaning about the extra couple of minutes added in fairness due to their own fans celebrations.
Proper that the top two went up.Spare a thought for Brackley in the north who were 22 points ahead of York. This is not what leagues should be about.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Well done to Dorking as " their never say die " team spirit got them over the line and based on the whole season they deserved it ,Fleet probably played the best " football " I have seen this season but just lack that killer instinct , we did ok getting into the play offs but Kingy has seen whats needed and his recruitment policy for next season will be a major factor in what I believe will be more difficult than this season with teams like Dover , Weymouth and Taunton coming in along with current batch of Ebbsfleet, Havant [ cant believe they can be as bad again ] Chippenham and Oxford , looking forward to what should be a great season of football with the extra games !!!!!
Sleightly Deceptive

The Duke wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:49 am Well done to Dorking as " their never say die " team spirit got them over the line and based on the whole season they deserved it ,Fleet probably played the best " football " I have seen this season but just lack that killer instinct , we did ok getting into the play offs but Kingy has seen whats needed and his recruitment policy for next season will be a major factor in what I believe will be more difficult than this season with teams like Dover , Weymouth and Taunton coming in along with current batch of Ebbsfleet, Havant [ cant believe they can be as bad again ] Chippenham and Oxford , looking forward to what should be a great season of football with the extra games !!!!!
My thoughts exactly. It’s gonna be an amazing league next season. No easy games. Apart from Welling. 😂
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Congratulations to Dorking Wanderers. It will be interesting to see how they cope next season.
I think Worthing need a mention also as they were running away with the Isthmian Premier on three occasions (two interrupted by covid). Happy to get over the line at long last. A team to watch.
Sleightly Deceptive

ozymandias wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:02 pm Congratulations to Dorking Wanderers. It will be interesting to see how they cope next season.
I think Worthing need a mention also as they were running away with the Isthmian Premier on three occasions (two interrupted by covid). Happy to get over the line at long last. A team to watch.
Worthing away - last game of the season?
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Blimey its not that long ago we would have regarded ourselves as superior in all things to Bromley FC but yesterday they won the FA Trophy in front of 46000 at Wembley. I wouldn't be surprised if they started to knock on the door of the football league and emulate Sutton Utd. I wonder where their finance is coming from?
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

tommytollbooth wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:41 am Blimey its not that long ago we would have regarded ourselves as superior in all things to Bromley FC but yesterday they won the FA Trophy in front of 46000 at Wembley. I wouldn't be surprised if they started to knock on the door of the football league and emulate Sutton Utd. I wonder where their finance is coming from?
https://www.bromleyfc.tv/site/robin-stanton-gleaves/#
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Didn't see the result until you told me. Well Done Bromley. :)