News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

ozymandias

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by ozymandias »

Torquay's problem is theirs and doesn't affect our striving. Unless they get kicked out of the NLS only then will it give us a hand. Maybe.
Thursday for me is gym day. Us old fellas have to do something to keep the joints and muscle up. But there are two chaps in the group who I chat with every week. One is a Ramsgate supporter, he's really looking forward to next season should they get promoted.. It will be interesting and is hoping that Margate stay up?? He just wants the chance to turn them over? Having Dartford and Dover in the Isthmian Premier is by and by for him. The other guy is a Chats supporter and hoping to leave us all to get on with it.
I'm hoping to stay up. But... I keep quiet.
We like to have a laugh together but not at my expense.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

It was this time last season that Torquay imploded and got sucked into the relegation Maelstrom. They went down last time - this time they have 9 games left BUT only 3 at home - perhaps they'll nose dive again and be a target for us to overtake
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Taunton game v WSM is actually ON tonight!!
If they win they’ll be 5 x points clear of us with 3 games in hand still??
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Yes the game at Taunton is ON but as soon as that was announced it has started raining again down here - though lighter rain than forecast.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Now the wind's got up and blowing my empty barrels around...... Perfect conditions for football
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Game at Taunton now OFF due to 2 hours of incessant heavy rain. Rumours now surfacing suggesting Taunton may soon be going into liquidation -heard it from one of my suppliers, who supply the football club as well, but not from my contacts at the club
Last edited by Taunton Dart on Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Taunton Dart wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:12 pm Game at Taunton now OFF due to 2 hours of incessant heavy rain. Rumours now surfacing suggesting Taunton may soon be going into liquidation -heard it from one of my suppliers, who don't the football club as well, but not from my contacts at the club
Geez, it's hard to know exactly how to feel about that, excited or guilty. Hopefully they'll just go into administration, lose 10 points and then bounce back next season.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Never feel good about any club going belly up. Also feel for the players and a good manager there.
If it helps our cause we will still have to get some points on the board.
But what an awful situation down at Taunton.
I remember standing up at Park View not knowing what was going to happen next with DFC and then getting the final nail in our coffin.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Rod Stringer -Welling NOT my favourite guy but he has done a great job at Welling with new recruits , he has just brought in David Amoo from Ebbsfleet a player with loads of League experience and secured the loan period until end of season for two loanees Adigun & Kennedy[ both in league team of the week] from Charlton and Colchester Utd

I am sure Ade is working hard to very quickly bring in class players [ Ronnie the new centre back proof of this ] to give us hope but the 6 Stringer has brought in has given Welling a very good chance of staying in the NLS , time to do the same Ade , just get the Board to spend a few Quid to back you !!!!!

Did I ever think that we would be hoping the teams go bust , docked points , lose cause they are knackered playing too many games in a few days or hiring a " Plonker " of a Manager[?} for us to avoid relegation !!!
KentC

Post by KentC »

Dowse continues to work his magic with another loss I wonder who’s to blame today.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

KentC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:28 pm Dowse continues to work his magic with another loss I wonder who’s to blame today.
:lol: :lol:
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Bookies offering very short odds on both teams to lose next week.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

DA Mikey wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 am Bookies offering very short odds on both teams to lose next week.
😂 I’m having a ‘double’ on both to lose!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

That makes it 0-0 then
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:08 am
DA Mikey wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 am Bookies offering very short odds on both teams to lose next week.
Stick it in an accumulator with us to be relegated but reprieved again and watch the internet explode!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

DA Mikey wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:53 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:08 am
Stick it in an accumulator with us to be relegated but reprieved again and watch the internet explode!
😂
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Truro have moved tomorrow nights game against Eastbourne to Gloucester City's ground
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

I know that this is not NLS but it is linked in a way.

Bolitho Park, Plymouth Parkways' ground has not been played on since 30th January, and that was an isolated fixture as DFC fans know only too well. The problems with the pitch were the reason Truro are now playing at Taunton (well, more likely Gloucester City).

Plymouth Parkway still have 16 games to play by the end of April. Indeed last week they played two home games in three days - at Frome Town in Somerset! This Thursday they will be playing at 'home' to Winchester City at.......Home Park, Plymouth. Really great news that Plymouth Argyle, their local Championship side, have opened the doors to welcome their local non-league side in their hour of need.
KentC

Post by KentC »

God I hope Eastbourne don’t win
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Eastbourne match abandoned - serious injury to Finney