News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

Mark Sweet

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by Mark Sweet »

Dover are in a complete mess with their signings at the moment.

First they announce the signing of Ade Shokunbi he then signs for Dulwich Hamlet a few days later.

A few weeks ago they said that Myles Judd had been retained from last season, he's now signed for Hemel Hempstead!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Noticed that. Kentonline has Brundle apologising to the fans. Proper pickle 🥒
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Another player does an about turn at Dover and this one was the assistant manager. What chaos.😳
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I believe that The Manager [Mitch Brundle] is a decent guy and doesnt deserve all the crap he is getting at Dover as this is just the culmination of years of Dover who under Jim Parmenter who really used to believe they were the " Bees Knees " and treated visiting fans badly , many [ incl me ] who will never set foot in their ground again !1] but have turned out to be the laughing stock of the division and over the past 2 seasons have got left behind and were very lucky not to get relegated last season] and most of Kent is enjoying their plight

Hope they get relegated and a decent well run Clubs gets promoted .
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I won’t be sorry to see that lot go down that’s for sure. I can’t recall ANY away ground I’ve visited that I/we’ve been treated so poorly! (Even at a Maidstone, we got a decent stand, beer and food.) So, maybe to the detriment of Dartford FC, I won’t be supporting ‘my team’ at that total shit-hole ever again. Even if M1 South promises his rallying cry in front of the away fans again!
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Not really NLS (well not yet anyway), Southend have cancelled their pre-season game with Billericay as 'Due to some injuries to contracted players, we are unable to fulfil a matchday squad'.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Pedro wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:07 pm Not really NLS (well not yet anyway), Southend have cancelled their pre-season game with Billericay as 'Due to some injuries to contracted players, we are unable to fulfil a matchday squad'.
The way they are going they may struggle to even make the start of the season. They also had to cancel their friendly away to Canvey Island for the exact same reason as Billericay, they only had a maximum of 14 players and no medics at all.
The ground is looking very ramshackled & run down, their fans are protesting outside of the owners house.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Be handy to have Noor Husin back , at least he will know he will get paid on time at the Darts !!!!
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

They only have 14 players signed at the moment and no medical staff
Nin

Post by Nin »

KSTDART wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:45 pm They only have 14 players signed at the moment and no medical staff
I thought this is what 5th Searcher said this morning?
The 5th Searcher wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:03 am they only had a maximum of 14 players and no medics at all.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Dipsy Dowse. Love it.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Webbedfeet declare a £1.7million loss last financial year!
And thinking about it, they also made a 1.8 aggregate loss last Xmas!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Should have been a lot more :D
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

M1 South wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:06 am Webbedfeet declare a £1.7million loss last financial year!
When you see this, plus the £2.5million debt that Southend have, surely the league should step in and stop clubs like these living way beyond their means and accruing unsustainable levels of debt at this level of football?

It does worry me that there are probably several National League clubs that are significantly over-spending just to try and compete, then the owners become bored or are unable or unprepared to keep feeding the bottomless pits they have created, they walk away and the clubs go bang. Watch out Eastbourne Borough!

It's difficult to have any sympathy whatsoever for Webbedfeet though. How many financial disasters have they gone through in recent years without learning any lessons?

I know our clubs financial structure (which mercifully isn't attractive for wealthy wide boy wannabe prospective owners to invest in) can be frustrating at times, but at least our future is safe!
KentC

Post by KentC »

Dave T wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:19 am
M1 South wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:06 am Webbedfeet declare a £1.7million loss last financial year!
When you see this, plus the £2.5million debt that Southend have, surely the league should step in and stop clubs like these living way beyond their means and accruing unsustainable levels of debt at this level of football?

It does worry me that there are probably several National League clubs that are significantly over-spending just to try and compete, then the owners become bored or are unable or unprepared to keep feeding the bottomless pits they have created, they walk away and the clubs go bang. Watch out Eastbourne Borough!

It's difficult to have any sympathy whatsoever for Webbedfeet though. How many financial disasters have they gone through in recent years without learning any lessons?

I know our clubs financial structure (which mercifully isn't attractive for wealthy wide boy wannabe prospective owners to invest in) can be frustrating at times, but at least our future is safe!

Also shows what we all knew.
They bought promotion and the only time they needed to put a big effort in they completely bottled it.
Their title has no credibility and while I definitely am not a rose tinted our achievement of coming 2nd was a brilliant one.
The playoffs are a painful lottery.
We have far more credibility from last season the man they do.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

£bbsfl££t are no different to loads of clubs in English football, run by a money man who will eventually get fed up and leave the club in trouble.

The only way this will stop is when financial fair play / strict financial rules on spending & turnover are adhered to properly.

Will this happen, i'm not sure but maybe now the Saudis are outbidding the top European clubs for the players they might now get the hump like the majority of us have for decades and do something about it.

But in the meantime we're just gonna have to carry on doing things the right way and if we do, i believe that eventually we will get our rewards.

COYD
Spike

Post by Spike »

What these money men seem unable to grasp is that every division can only have one winner, and even then, the biggest spender doesn't always get the prize. The vast majority eventually realise they've wasted their money and walk away leaving many clubs on the brink.

Having lost our club and rebuilt from scratch, we are doing things the right way and should be proud of that fact and how far we have come. I get a little upset that Dowse doesn't seem to be able to get through an interview without constantly bringing up the budget because I feel it undersells what we have here at Dartford FC. We have fantastic facilities and a decent sized crowd. We are consistently up and around the top of this division and we are well run and play by the rules. You won't get money stuffed in boots or in brown envelopes, but tax, insurance etc, will all be paid properly and players who sign for the Darts won't suddenly find one month they are not getting their money. I'm fed up hearing about how the division is so much stronger this year now that there are so many "big clubs" in it. If they have massive budgets and still got relegated then it just proves they are not spending it very well. The truth is, we won't actually know if it's harder than last year until we start playing a few teams and even if it is, we should be better equipped than we were last season anyway! The fact that so many clubs are playing poker with their future is their own daft fault and I for one have no sympathy for them when it all goes belly up.

Tony Burman proved it can be done by putting together a phenomenal team and that first season in the National League was, in my opinion, the greatest in our entire history. Steve King, by all accounts, may have been difficult to work with and seems to have upset so many people, but he had no trouble in bringing some great players to the club, even if he may not have got the best out of them. Dowse did brilliantly last season and tactically, he does seem to know his stuff and even with last year's late arrival, he still managed an excellent 2nd place. This year he has had time to assemble his own squad and on paper it looks pretty decent. So, enough with the negativity and selling ourselves short, we are Dartford FC and there is no reason why we can't be up there competing for promotion yet again.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Spike wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:12 pm What these money men seem unable to grasp is that every division can only have one winner, and even then, the biggest spender doesn't always get the prize. The vast majority eventually realise they've wasted their money and walk away leaving many clubs on the brink.

Having lost our club and rebuilt from scratch, we are doing things the right way and should be proud of that fact and how far we have come. I get a little upset that Dowse doesn't seem to be able to get through an interview without constantly bringing up the budget because I feel it undersells what we have here at Dartford FC. We have fantastic facilities and a decent sized crowd. We are consistently up and around the top of this division and we are well run and play by the rules. You won't get money stuffed in boots or in brown envelopes, but tax, insurance etc, will all be paid properly and players who sign for the Darts won't suddenly find one month they are not getting their money. I'm fed up hearing about how the division is so much stronger this year now that there are so many "big clubs" in it. If they have massive budgets and still got relegated then it just proves they are not spending it very well. The truth is, we won't actually know if it's harder than last year until we start playing a few teams and even if it is, we should be better equipped than we were last season anyway! The fact that so many clubs are playing poker with their future is their own daft fault and I for one have no sympathy for them when it all goes belly up.

Tony Burman proved it can be done by putting together a phenomenal team and that first season in the National League was, in my opinion, the greatest in our entire history. Steve King, by all accounts, may have been difficult to work with and seems to have upset so many people, but he had no trouble in bringing some great players to the club, even if he may not have got the best out of them. Dowse did brilliantly last season and tactically, he does seem to know his stuff and even with last year's late arrival, he still managed an excellent 2nd place. This year he has had time to assemble his own squad and on paper it looks pretty decent. So, enough with the negativity and selling ourselves short, we are Dartford FC and there is no reason why we can't be up there competing for promotion yet again.
Well said Spike
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Yeah agree 100% Spike.
Especially the budget bit.

COYD