News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

The Duke

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by The Duke »

Just watched the highlights of Maidstone v Havant on a f....g awful 3G pitch that is only fit for the scrap heap , for a start it wasnt a [real] 4-0 drubbing as ALL of Miadstones 4 goals were defensive cock ups that a coach on Parks football would not be happy with also Havant hit the woodwork twice and had 2 great efforts saved by the Stones keeper .

Maidstone have had the rub of the green lately and I can see us beating them at PP !!!!!!!!!!!!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Billericay Town have sacked manager Jody Brown.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Am I right that 5 of the top 7 play on rubber?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I do believe they do!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Just back from week end away and watched Marc White very good interview after the St Albans game where he congratulated Maidstone of winning the League whilst saying [ quite rightly ] that Dorking had done great , then [ reluctantly ] watched Hakans after match interview ALL about how f....g wonderful he was and his superb assistant , owners and the players and of course the fans [ many who wanted him sacked in November ] , NOT a mention of Dorking ALL about me , me me , hope the cocky B.....d gets relegated next season - even big gob Rory Deacon [No20 remember him!!!] highjacked the interview to say that he only joined cause he knew they would win the League

Rant over , of to enjoy my Dinner and a Beer
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

They are graceless winners for sure.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Can’t see Chelmo doing us any favoursSaturday. They are 1 down home to Concord at mo !!
Ring of fire

Post by Ring of fire »

IF we can win at EB, 1 all would do at Chelmo, like their FT score tonight
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve McKimm been sacked as Tonbridge Manager.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Park Life wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:05 pm Steve McKimm been sacked as Tonbridge Manager.
Very surprised at that one, thought he and Tonbridge have done really well to maintain NLS Football.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I have followed Tonbridge for several seasons and it was painfully aware that they had a severe lack of finance reflected in the small budget they gave Steve McKimm and he has done wonders there getting them promoted and keeping them in the NLS ,their financial situation will dramatically improve from next season when their new 4G pitch gets laid and with the additional revenue generated they will have the opportunity to compete financially in the NLS
I feel sorry for Steve McKimm as he deserved the chance but just shows there is no loyalty in football and I thought Tonbridge were better than that !!!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Perhaps there is some decency if Football after all , Tonbridge have cancelled the end of season presentations at the Players request , it seems they are p.....d off at McKimms departure and a large number of fans are calling for him to be reinstated , obviously NOT going to happen as he would tell them to F.... Off , it seems [ allegedly ] that a newly installed Director has Delusions of Grandeer " and was behind the sacking so hopefully she will get her just reward and then no doubt disappear but NOT before she has left them in the mire !!
Full marks to the Tonbridge Players , I am willing to bet that many will NOT be there next season

Add to that the stupid sacking of Darren Blackburn at Sittingbourne as he would be too busy building an extension to his house and KENT doesnt come out with much credit this week
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

The Duke wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:27 pm Perhaps there is some decency if Football after all , Tonbridge have cancelled the end of season presentations at the Players request , it seems they are p.....d off at McKimms departure and a large number of fans are calling for him to be reinstated , obviously NOT going to happen as he would tell them to F.... Off , it seems [ allegedly ] that a newly installed Director has Delusions of Grandeer " and was behind the sacking so hopefully she will get her just reward and then no doubt disappear but NOT before she has left them in the mire !!
Full marks to the Tonbridge Players , I am willing to bet that many will NOT be there next season

Add to that the stupid sacking of Darren Blackburn at Sittingbourne as he would be too busy building an extension to his house and KENT doesnt come out with much credit this week
You beat me to it Dukey regarding Darren & Sittingbourne.
He is actually moving house and because of this it seems Sittingbourne decided to sack him albeit it hasn’t gone down to well with some of their players & fans as well as some of the board. A handful of the board wanted to keep him after he gave them their highest finish in the league for a while on a limited budget. Darren is absolutely gutted after being told in a phone call.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

No loyalty in the game now. It's so easy to make a phone call or a video chat. :shock:
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Jay Saunders has left Margate and has gone to Tonbridge Angels as manager.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Oxford 2 Eastbourne 0 full time
Good luck to Oxford at the weekend.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Dorking 3 oxford 0 in the first semi. Expecting Chippenham to progress against Ebbsfleet today and Dorking to win the final.
The 5th Searcher

Currently Ebbsfleet 0 - 0 Chippenham HT
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

more extra time and pens I wonder 88 mins nil-nil
The 5th Searcher

Currently 1-0 Fleet FT