News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

M1 South

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by M1 South »

I’m no Alan Sugar but may I suggest;
Provide & Sell cold draught beer at the ground instead of warm cans, the sponsors can help with this, profit will increase significantly & use said funds to re drain the current or install a 4g pitch asap??
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

M1 South wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:57 pm I’m no Alan Sugar but may I suggest;
Provide & Sell cold draught beer at the ground instead of warm cans, the sponsors can help with this, profit will increase significantly & use said funds to re drain the current or install a 4g pitch asap??
All of this I have suggested to people at TTFC - but I have nothing to do with the club apart from watching DFC matches there. Just as I live in Taunton and hear a lot of what is going on _ I like to keep my DFC friends updated on news from deepest Zummerzet
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Hemel Hempstead & manager Brad Quinton have parted ways, down to poor results and struggling with injuries.

Https://www.hemelfc.com/post/club-state ... ad-quinton
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Dowse is the new interim manager at Hemel Hempstead and that means a return to PP in a few weeks time.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... on-303039/
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Thats about right , safe from relegation and getting the Clown for FREE for 10 games , just about sums up his real worth to the game , no doubt we will get to show our feelings for what he did at Dartford when Hemel visit PP !!!!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

The Duke wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:00 pm Thats about right , safe from relegation and getting the Clown for FREE for 10 games , just about sums up his real worth to the game , no doubt we will get to show our feelings for what he did at Dartford when Hemel visit PP !!!!
Yes, I hope we give him a bloody good ‘warm’ welcome! Bordering on hot!
KentC

Post by KentC »

Must win or he’ll spout a load if crap afterwards you can see it happening.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

KentC wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:48 pm Must win or he’ll spout a load if crap afterwards you can see it happening.
He may well do that whatever the result ;) ;)
Spike

Post by Spike »

It's like one of those Jaws movies ... you keep thinking the shark's a goner but it always comes back for just one more bite.

Having said that, I might give it a few weeks and then tune in to a few of his interviews, just to find out all the things that Hemel, as a club, are doing wrong.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

I suppose he can afford to work free for Hemel after the payoff I presume he got from Dartford, I wonder if Martin Tyler and the rest of the crew joined Hemel as a job lot. Should be a very interesting game when we play them.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Park Life wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:55 pm
KentC wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:48 pm Must win or he’ll spout a load if crap afterwards you can see it happening.
He may well do that whatever the result ;) ;)

True 😂
Old Woking United

Post by Old Woking United »

So the Dowse clan moves rapidly!, a week after being spotted keeping a low profile at the Woking v Gateshead match and I quote" I'm never setting foot in that place again"lol. And we beat em(Dowse gateshead fan!) he takes up for "FREE"!!!!!. Don't believe it for a second as I should imagine legally the only way to manage another club in the league this season is for free to get around any severance conditions. It won't be for free but who am I to alledge impropriety. Good luck and stay up as typical Dowse that .Cheers
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I've been wondering about his working for "FREE" at Hemel and if this is a way to get round any contractual obligations??

I hope the club are on it??
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Park Life wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:15 pm I've been wondering about his working for "FREE" at Hemel and if this is a way to get round any contractual obligations??

I was thinking this as well
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Park Life wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:15 pm I've been wondering about his working for "FREE" at Hemel and if this is a way to get round any contractual obligations??

Can see it happening where he works for 'free' this season, will do OK enough to secure a contract for next season where they will pay him enough to cover this seasons work.
KentC

Post by KentC »

He might do ok enough, he’ll inherit someone else’s team, do ok, start bringing in some of his own, then good luck Hemel you’ll need it.
Looking forward to his interviews, now they’re not affecting us I imagine they’ll be comedy gold.
What on earth are Hemel doing!
Spike

Post by Spike »

They're only a few points ahead of us. I'd rather he stayed there.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Torquay away is tough, however.

Welling at Yeovil
Truro home to Chelmsford
Taunton at Worthing

I think their games are at least as tough.

Lots of points going to be dropped tomorrow at the bottom end of the table
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Welling & Truros (surprise surprise) games already OFF tonight!!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

M1 South wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:40 pm Welling & Truros (surprise surprise) games already OFF tonight!!
Taunton's ground was actually perfectly playable yesterday - but torrential rain overnight has left standing water yet again!! Feel really sorry for Rob Hake, their groundsman, who is working flat out trying to hold back the waves - a bit like King Canute