News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

Park Life

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by Park Life »

Dave T wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:53 pm Eastbourne Borough go full time and have released all their part time players.... including 'keeper Lee Worgan.
Might be worth seeing if they've any decent centre halves available then......
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

And a small guy playing off Harvey who also knows where the goal is. Someone in the Cass/Henderson calibre. Or even another Terry Sullivan.
Don't think we'll get anyone like that from EB. :shock:
Spike

Post by Spike »

Terry Sulivan, now there's a footballer. He was, in my view, the best player I've ever seen in a Dartford shirt.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Interesting week ahead as I cant believe Dowse is going to wait for ever for Bonner to make up his mind , he has been a rock and received deserved adulation from most Darts fans but no-one is indispensable and IF he doesnt want to play for us then best he goes !!!

We have got promotion in mind and TWO quality Centre Backs are needed !!!!

ALSO Worgan is a proven Keeper and would provide good competition for Beeney
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Ive has a skirt around the sites and cannot see any official announcement that Eastbourne are going full time OR is it insider knowledge ???????????
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Blimey Spike, didn't see that coming. Terry Sullivan was a superb player and in all the years supporting Dartford, probably the best ever I've seen. Trouble is I will always remember his goal against us for Bishop Stortford in the Trophy. Blinding goal.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:49 pm Blimey Spike, didn't see that coming. Terry Sullivan was a superb player and in all the years supporting Dartford, probably the best ever I've seen. Trouble is I will always remember his goal against us for Bishop Stortford in the Trophy. Blinding goal.
Not as good as the one he got at the car park end Watling Street where he took about four players on in the opponents box including flicking it over one of their heads.
Absolute quality player and decent bloke, no doubt in the category of best ever DFC players i have seen.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

The Duke wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:10 pm Ive has a skirt around the sites and cannot see any official announcement that Eastbourne are going full time OR is it insider knowledge ???????????
Eastbourne's new manager Mark Beard stated Borough are going full-time in an interview earlier.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Duke: I have pm’d you, (or at least I hope I have?)
Hope you receive it?
And who knows, someone may receive an apology from you in due course??
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Agree Steve,Terry was quality and would just run at defence's with power.
But somehow at BS I found myself directly behind Terry's run from the halfway line almost. We backed off of him when he decided to hit it. The ball moved left and right before ending up in the net..
Anyway, we can dream about getting another Sullivan.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Terry Sullivan was indeed a fine player but I didn't enjoy version 2 of his return. Was it under Bobby Makin? In fact, TS looked more like Wilson from the Tom Hanks movie rather than a former football player.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Park Life wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:47 pm
ozymandias wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:49 pm Blimey Spike, didn't see that coming. Terry Sullivan was a superb player and in all the years supporting Dartford, probably the best ever I've seen. Trouble is I will always remember his goal against us for Bishop Stortford in the Trophy. Blinding goal.
Not as good as the one he got at the car park end Watling Street where he took about four players on in the opponents box including flicking it over one of their heads.
Absolute quality player and decent bloke, no doubt in the category of best ever DFC players i have seen.
I think that was against Folkestone. Just prior to his worldie, Sully was getting a load of stick from a long time Dartford supporter. Needless to say our little crowd turned around in unison and let him know what we thought of his views of our hero! 🤣🤣
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Skip

Post by Skip »

Jonty wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:06 pm Terry Sullivan was indeed a fine player but I didn't enjoy version 2 of his return. Was it under Bobby Makin? In fact, TS looked more like Wilson from the Tom Hanks movie rather than a former football player.
I think Sully came out of a semi retirement to do Bobby Makin a favour as his first season in charge was pretty poor especially as it immediately followed 4 brilliantly entertaining years of fun and trophies under Peter Taylor. The massive downturn in performances was understandable as, I think, the budget had been drastically cut and Bob was cutting his teeth in management.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Dave T wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:53 pm Eastbourne Borough go full time and have released all their part time players.... including 'keeper Lee Worgan.
Signs for Welling
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Well, there's a surprise.🤔
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Alex Finney was so keen on joining Tonbridge Angels from Ebbsfleet to be with Jay Saunders that he left 3 weeks later to join Eastbourne. Now, that's a pal for you.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Yeovil splashing the cash. They are staying full time and have just signed Jake Wannell from Taunton. Rumours are that he was offered nearly 4 times his Taunton wage to go full time.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Welling Utd have announced plans for new facilities at Park View Road together with builders Lita Homes. It seems part of the plan consists of building 115 new homes in a regeneration for the area, but where would they build 115 new homes?.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Maybe in their Trophy room??
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

:D