Dan Roberts (Sub)
14%

Total votes: 14

rick
Site Admin

Maidstone v Dartford Sat 11 Dec 2021

Post by rick »

Info from Peter Martin:

For the above segregated fixture Maidstone will be selling the Dartford tickets online again via this link:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/maidston ... 3557695817

Please note that these tickets will be going on sale on Monday 22 November at 09:00
M1 South

Re: Maidstone v Dartford Sat 11 Dec 2021

Post by M1 South »

Will the Annie Lennox steward be on duty again I wonder??
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Would it be advisable for Dartford supporters to wear tin hats at this match?.
Alexjdarts

Post by Alexjdarts »

I see only 188 adult tickets left for Saturday’s game at Maidstone in our end. Interested to know, how many was we allocated? 500?
J44

Post by J44 »

2 password renewals
3 texts checking that I'm me
3 time outs
2 system failures (theirs)

Only using PayPal so that they get chipped a bit on the ££s.

Still no ticket yet!
terrydfc

Post by terrydfc »

think I give this one a miss
coyds
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

Maidstone again ripping off the away fans with extra booking fees on top the general admission prices making in excess of over £600 in just booking fees alone.
Shame us fans didn't stick together and Refuse to buy online, forcing their joke of a club to then have pay on the gate as they wouldn't turn down 500 paying away fans on the day!
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

The 5th and myself will both be missing this one due to poor stewarding in our allocated end and the Maidstone fans adjacent to us throwing coins and insults during the previous cup game.
Plus the poor allocation and having to go on line to book tickets means I would sooner spend the money on Xmas shopping rather than in Maidstone's ground.
Good luck to the team and the supporters that will travel and here's hoping that we can get the win
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Davedart wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:21 pm Maidstone again ripping off the away fans with extra booking fees on top the general admission prices making in excess of over £600 in just booking fees alone.
Shame us fans didn't stick together and Refuse to buy online, forcing their joke of a club to then have pay on the gate as they wouldn't turn down 500 paying away fans on the day!
I noticed some clubs give a discount if you buy in advance but maidscum charge extra £1.31 rip off fee.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Trevor B wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:12 pm The 5th and myself will both be missing this one due to poor stewarding in our allocated end and the Maidstone fans adjacent to us throwing coins and insults during the previous cup game.
Plus the poor allocation and having to go on line to book tickets means I would sooner spend the money on Xmas shopping rather than in Maidstone's ground.
Good luck to the team and the supporters that will travel and here's hoping that we can get the win
I know where you are coming from Trevor but as this is a local game for me I will be going. However, I know quite a few supporters who won't for these very reasons. The logical solution is to put up a curtain between the supporters to stop the objects from being thrown in the first place, let's face it, they wouldn't dare do it if the barrier was not there. As for the ticket allocation; why couldn't they just give an allocation of tickets directly to our club? It will be interesting to see whether we do the same to them. Then again, I think we have a little bit more class than that and will probably just let them use our bars and pay on the turnstile.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Jonty wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:03 pm
Trevor B wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:12 pm The 5th and myself will both be missing this one due to poor stewarding in our allocated end and the Maidstone fans adjacent to us throwing coins and insults during the previous cup game.
I know where you are coming from Trevor but as this is a local game for me I will be going. However, I know quite a few supporters who won't for these very reasons. The logical solution is to put up a curtain between the supporters to stop the objects from being thrown in the first place, let's face it, they wouldn't dare do it if the barrier was not there. As for the ticket allocation; why couldn't they just give an allocation of tickets directly to our club? It will be interesting to see whether we do the same to them. Then again, I think we have a little bit more class than that and will probably just let them use our bars and pay on the turnstile.
Personally Jonty, I think the logical thing is not to segregate in the first place as we've been playing derbies with the Stones for years without any issues and this barrier causes more problems than it solves in my opinion. But since it's there, it's up to Maidstone to police it properly, whether that be by your curtain idea or by getting the stewards to do their job. I don't want to be a steward, it's a thankless task, but if I ever did commit to doing it I would want to do it properly. Maidstone would be easy. They have decided to force visiting fans into one block behind the goal and you don't need Albert Einstein to work out that when a bunch of black and yellow Clearasil dodgers congregate as close to the designated border as they can get, they are there for one reason and that is to cause trouble. On our last visit we were pelted with coins and the stewards did absolutely nothing to stop this, preferring to ignore it completely and focus exclusively on the visiting fans in an unnecessarily aggressive and hostile manner. Why aren't these stewards located in the area between the rival fans, where they can clearly identify and throw out anyone caught chucking stuff (in either direction) across the border? This would be a much better way of preventing any trouble. On our last visit I felt the attitude of one or two of the stewards left a lot to be desired, (particularly the lady steward), and they were completely unwilling to intervene or take any action whatsoever to the missile throwing. As I said, stewarding is a rotten job, but if you've signed up to do it then it's not acceptable to all go and stand as far away from the problem areas and pretend nothing's happening. It's a sad state of affairs when even just 1 or 2 of our fans are put off travelling for fear of getting pelted with coins.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Having watched so many Maidstone derby matches at their old ground and the new one with mixed fans and no apparent troubles and with us agreeing to ground share and help them out at Watling Street and with both clubs losing their homes at one time you would think that their fans and their management would have a more friendly attitude towards us as visiting fans.
We would arrive in large numbers so they would benefit from the income through the gate and from drinks and catering so why they insist on allocating a certain number of tickets and segregating us in one corner of a stand seems like they think it will help them win the game.
I'm sure that those fans that make the trip will make as much noise as possible to help support and urge the team on to victory and I will be following the game from afar (Well Allhallows on Sea ;)
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I would just like to say in advance to the aforementioned (lady) steward;
‘Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree’……………
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Perhaps they are aggressive because they have to go to the Gallagher for home games and are not sharing at PP. I for one think that there stadium is an awful place but I go because I like beating them. Seems a regular thing lately.
Although having said that, after Saturdays performance we need to shape up and take it easy on them. I hope Luque will last the full 90. :D
terrydfc

Post by terrydfc »

while sitting here reading this bored at work
went on the Maidstone forum
and questioned asked is why is there never a problem when Maidstone visit PP
Reply came that there morinic minority of fans don't travel to away games

well that hi the nail(coins) on the head

and segregation app will be much bigger this time around
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

M1 South wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:11 am I would just like to say in advance to the aforementioned (lady) steward;
‘Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree’……………
Sounds to me like you are in love M1? ;) Keep mentioning her...
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

re segregation, completely agree with Spike and Trevor B, you put up a barrier and to some it becomes a call to arms.
Personally, I much prefer watching games from somewhere near the halfway line anyway, which of course is an option for those who wish to watch the game undisturbed at the Gallagher. Advance tickets don't appear to be being made available to home supporters so I shall pay my money to enter through the home turnstiles, then clap and cheer any good football, politely.
I guess some will say I am being disloyal not being a part of the noise generating stronghold of Darts support, but I am too old to be noisy anyway. However, I will attend knowing, i) I will see the game ii) I should avoid gaining a bruise from a flying missile, and iii) apparently I shall save £1.30 something. I suggest other Darts who feel it to risky to attend do likewise.
Mind you, looking at the forecast, the weather may mean a repeat soaking as was on 2nd October. COYD
Spike

Post by Spike »

Paul Hurley spoke to Maidstone and this is the latest information... The covered bit in between the sets of fans creating the divide has been increased from 10 metres to 22 metres. Stewards have been doubled although from memory I think there was only around 7/8 anyhow. However the numbers have been doubled. Some of those stewards will be more proactive between the fans rather than congregate at the bottom of the steps basically doing naff all. He will allow any fans who feel uncomfortable during the game with any happenings to move to the seated section where he will keep a part free for those fans who wish to move. They have banned 4 Maidstone fans for the season from the previous fixture. Just for info gents
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Well hopefully that will make a difference and at least Maidstone are trying to do something and although there is no love lost between the two clubs we've never had any problems in the past so hopefully all ok this time.

Perhaps Maidstone should have taken action sooner as their own fans have mentioned they've had this small group causing problems long before the game against us but unfortunately it's seems it's too late for some of our supporters who have decided not to travel because of what happened last time. Nearly 300 sold already though so hopefully we will sell our full allocation again.

I will be there and hope that the stewarding is better than last time (surely can't be as bad) as they just completely ignored the bottle and coin throwing coming from the Maidstone section but couldn't wait to flex their power on us, funny how they chose to steward only in our section amongst the well behaved fans.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

The Gallacher is a bloody awful ground as it consists of 1 bloody great stand , 1 corrugated Cow Shed , a poncy sitting area [ at extra cost] close to the corner flag and 2 sides of standing on one level with no tiers [ so you cant see f... all ], as for segregation ALL they need to do is to get 6 Coppers to stand next to the Coin Throwers and then arrest them and keep in the cells overnight as IF they did it in the High Street in Maidstone thats what would happen ,the Directors and that old has been , Bill Williams havent got a clue !!!
I didnt go last time when the coins were flying around and it was a disgrace but my view is that you can let the " bullies win " so I will be going and believing that it wont be " de ja vue " ALSO I want to see us get another 3pts from them and that whingeing Manager of theirs whose major claim to fame was getting John Stills " Hot Dog " at half time !!!!

Roll on Saturday