Who are ya?

KingKong

Re: Who are ya?

Post by KingKong »

My deranged mother cruelly christened me King.I have never forgiven her.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

DA Mikey wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:05 am Mike Saunt. Barred from all football.
Are you the new Hudson? :D
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

BRASSNECK wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:11 am
DA Mikey wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:05 am Mike Saunt. Barred from all football.
Are you the new Hudson? :D
Hudson invited me to a gig last weekend. Comparatively, he’s got the freedom of the city. Looks like I’m in your old boat now :roll:
Just as well really - I was getting bored of going to football after the scamdemic starved us of it for 18 months.
“Reap what you sow”, I faintly hear someone screaming..
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Only just seen a reference to this page and have made time to get my tin hat ready before I press "submit"!
Hi, I am Rob, and I am a halfway liner, standing or sitting, how the mood or the seats take me. As another has said in their statement, "a former left handed opening bat and right arm 'fast' bowler" in village cricket, my main sporting love. Still a village cricket club secretary and assistant groundsman, all voluntary. Cricket takes priority so for me the football season starts at the end of September and ends in the third week of April, unless...? Call me a traditionalist, amongst other things of course. I was also a qualified cricket umpire and football referee where I reached the dizzy heights of the Kent Amateur league and refereed a Sunday morning cup final before falling out with the KCFA pink gin brigade.
As you may have worked out, my name is made up from the two clubs I now support. Tin hat on now, my first visit to the old Den as a young teenager was in 1962 and I survived those awful 60's and 70's without getting criminally involved! Simultaneously over the past 30 years I have been a supporter of local non league football watching, Dartford, Welling, Ebbsfleet or Bromley. Double tin hat time as more Welling, my excuse? I lived that end of Bexleyheath for 25 years. A case of "where can I watch a local live game this week?" I was appalled at the Goldberg takeover, and apart from Steve King's short reign, I make my then predictions for that club about right.
I was first introduced to Darts through business by a former Director John Payne, (late 70's?) when playing at Watling Street.
In retirement and another move of home, Dartford became my local club, and whilst my heart remains in Zampa Road SE16, I am also a Darts season ticket holder, supporters club member, shareholder, Warbler entry, (yet to win, please note Gary C) and local community supporter.
Ok, my heads down waiting for the brickbats to fly!! COYD
Last edited by dartLion on Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

So Rob, were you at the Battle of the 82' when a certain Dartford FC played you off the Park for 60% of the game and we still managed to let Millwall win? :D
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

ozymandias wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:51 am So Rob, were you at the Battle of the 82' when a certain Dartford FC played you off the Park for 60% of the game and we still managed to let Millwall win? :D
Was that the match where a Millwall player shouted "leave it" to a DFC player, who duly did, allowing to Lions to go on to score (allegedly)?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Silverado wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:26 pm
ozymandias wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:51 am So Rob, were you at the Battle of the 82' when a certain Dartford FC played you off the Park for 60% of the game and we still managed to let Millwall win? :D
Was that the match where a Millwall player shouted "leave it" to a DFC player, who duly did, allowing to Lions to go on to score (allegedly)?
If true it was Bobby Arber who got conned :( :(
Saladfingers

Post by Saladfingers »

My name is Ray Stocker and I'm always accompanied by my long suffering wife Sharron at 95% of games home and away generally behind the goal. Life long Chelsea supporter until a mate of mine Stuart White started playing for the Darts around '93 and totally converted me to non league, in fact I can barely be arsed to watch Premiership these days. Wife has been a fan from the age of 6 when her father used to take her to Watling St ( obviously wanted a boy)
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Saladfingers wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:14 pm My name is Ray Stocker and I'm always accompanied by my long suffering wife Sharron at 95% of games home and away generally behind the goal. Life long Chelsea supporter until a mate of mine Stuart White started playing for the Darts around '93 and totally converted me to non league, in fact I can barely be arsed to watch Premiership these days. Wife has been a fan from the age of 6 when her father used to take her to Watling St ( obviously wanted a boy)
I know Stuart he is or was a printer, he used to work with my uncle and had the nickname Earos.
Dad & I used to sponsor him, he’s a nice guy.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Saladfingers wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:14 pm My name is Ray Stocker and I'm always accompanied by my long suffering wife Sharron at 95% of games home and away generally behind the goal. Life long Chelsea supporter until a mate of mine Stuart White started playing for the Darts around '93 and totally converted me to non league, in fact I can barely be arsed to watch Premiership these days. Wife has been a fan from the age of 6 when her father used to take her to Watling St ( obviously wanted a boy)
Never realised Sharron had supported Dartford 80 years. :lol: :lol:
Saladfingers

Post by Saladfingers »

That's right Matt used to work at Marstan Press in Bexleyheath with him many moons ago
Saladfingers

Post by Saladfingers »

Dean...stop it. You know I'll get the flak for that 😠
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Saladfingers wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:29 pm Dean...stop it. You know I'll get the flak for that 😠
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Was it George Graham who was in charge of Millwall and he didn't have a good thing to say about our performance against them. Sad sod. :D Still, I suppose he was more worried about his teams performance. A certain Teddy Sheringham was a sub for them on the day. I wonder what happened to him?
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Ha Ozy, I think you will find that match was in November '83. I was in love through most of the George Graham period so no, I don't recall being there. Fortunately I was divorced by the time the Lions reached the pinnacle of football :lol: :roll:
MickW

Post by MickW »

Only just spotted this.
I am Mick Williams, resident of Higham, though I grew up in Horton Kirby and went to school in Dartford.
Fan for about 56 years starting as a 16 year old at Watling Street. Greatest Dartford memory was our trip to Wembley even though the result was a disappointment. Lots of very happy times since.
I always watch from the 18 yard line.