Total votes: 25

Park Life

Re: Hemel Hempstead v Dartford Sat 20 Nov 2021

Post by Park Life »

Pen. Azeez 2 -1
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub - Sonupe off slight knock, Jake Robinson on.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

3-1 HYDE
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub. Porter for Azeez.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

3-2.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 3-2
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Good win, exactly what we needed. Sounds like we had the performance as well as the result.

Great to see Hyde back for us and firing, maybe he was the missing piece. my MOTM.

Hopefully the start of another winning run
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Tyrique played very well after coming back from injury for one game before being loaned out. He's strong and nice to see him on the scoresheet. As for Ronnie playing today I'm surprised as he was one player missing from the Cockfosters game and was beginning to think that he wasn't going to make a SK side this season.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Fantastic to get back to winning ways with a double strike from our undercover agent Hyde and Ade scoring from the spot .
We started the game brightly and should have been 2 goals up before they equalised . We then slipped back into the type of performance we have of late and Hemel started to get control.
After the break it was a different story and the Dartford of the first 8 matches turned up . We totally dominated and if they had not scored in injury time the score line would have been more realistic.

Only just got the first goal , we had the same stewards as at St.Albans who just seemed to want to wind people up . He decided to try and stand in front of me as the first goal went in 🛎end

https://youtu.be/moBCZ-HX484

https://youtu.be/ahIl17azjsw

https://youtu.be/C0XT3ZnTbyA
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

We started well 1st half where we could have been 2 up, we than give away a very cheap goal away where the defending was awful. But 2nd half we dominated from the off. I've been calling for the return of Hyde for weeks and boy did he deliver! Exactly what we've been missing with he's passing the one-twos, he's movement & the composure and skill in the box, welcome back Tyrique Hyde pure class.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

A better performance than we have of late and thankfully we got the win. Some poor defending at times today which allowed Hemel to score their 2 goals but apart from that we was basically on top virtually all game.

Tyrique Hyde was excellent today with his two goals and a very welcome addition back in to the squad & especially the starting line up, he gets my MOTM vote today. He was causing Hemel no end of problems with his height & strength on the ball and was quick at closing them down as well.

Sonupe was looking very quick and sharp in the first half today as well and could’ve had a goal or two, not quite sure what happened to him for his injury in the 2nd half, I just noticed him on the floor after we scored, Ade tried to help him up and Sonupe signalled no then the physio came on and took him off straight away.

I really can’t quite work out what Kieron Murtagh is bringing to the team at present and is really looking the weak link, he’s slow and constantly gives the ball away. Hopefully now Hyde is back he’ll be able to control the centre midfield a bit better.

The top of the table is starting to get very tight & cozy points wise with only 4 or 5 points separating the top 6 teams now, let’s hope we keep picking up the 3pts and don’t drop to many as the others are very close on our tail. Especially that railway team from down the road who are only 3pts behind us with 3 games in hand.

Keep it going Darts
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Delighted with that result and the return to action by Tyrique Hyde and especially Ronny Vint, as The latter was totally unexpected by me ( also welcome as his shirt sponsor!). Both came back from their loan clubs in a rich vein of form and involved in improvement in form of their loan clubs too. From the commentary, both seemed to be heavily involved in the action today, hence my delight for the both of them.

The Darts haven't been the only team to have stuttered after being on a good run, with others like Grimsby, Maidstone, Altrincham, Maidenhead, my own Tranmere, Salford and Crawley, all having similar runs. At least we have remained at the top of the league, although Ebbsfleet may overtake us, so we remain in a far better place than the aforementioned teams. At least the Darts do now seem to be ready for a further assault based on recent performances.

Again. Thanks to the commentary team and once again, well done to our travelling fans who seemed to be in full voice throughout the match and came over loud and clear!!

COYD
rambo

Post by rambo »

A great result and very well done to all
Can anyone confirm did we play three centre half’s or did one of them play right back
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

That win gave us all the lift we needed, none more so than for the players. To get a win yesterday from a tricky looking fixture was awesome. Winning’s a habit and hopefully that’s set us up nicely for the start of a run leading us up to a busy Christmas period.

Good to have Hydey back who was a monster yesterday. Jernade doesn’t put a foot wrong game after game. Interesting to see a back 3 yesterday. With the players we have, barring injuries, that’s the luxury SK has at his disposal, the ability to put out different formations to suit the game. My only plee would be, however, not to change it up too often if we do get a winning run started again.

As for yesterday’s attendance, there looked more than 674 in the ground. That was Hemel’s biggest home attendance of the season so far but was the second lowest in our division yesterday (320 at Braintree!!!)

Thanks lads for brightening up our week. Onto the the next and a break from League action for cup football. Keep the faith. COYD.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

rambo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:19 am A great result and very well done to all
Can anyone confirm did we play three centre half’s or did one of them play right back
It looked like Connor Essam was playing right back with Bonner & Vint in the middle and Meade at left back.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

great result away to a form team..i was ready to drive up but decided that i have been jinxing us recently so stayed home...now fears confirmed! Well done Hydey..no more loan moves for you! i notice Ebbsfleet are at home to maidstone on tuesday and will go top on gd if they win.Another of their games in hand is away at Oxford tuesday week so potential for dropped points in both games.COYD.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

A good shot in the arm for the lads with Bath City coming up and then Maidstone :twisted:
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

A great win yesterday as Hemel had been on a very good run.
Started really well and could easily have been two up but Hemel came back into it and looked a decent side, 1-1 at HT was probably about right but second half we were much better and ran out deserved winners.
Looked like three at the back to me (Essam,Vint,Bonner) with Wanadio and Meade as wing backs. I think we have played this formation once before and it will take a bit of time to get used to if we are to stick with it. Might have been a one off to take into account our opponents but whichever it is we got a very good win yesterday so it was successful.

I think in the last three games we have been improving and starting to produce the free flowing football of earlier in the season so hopefully we will now go on another good run.

Some good performances yesterday with Wanadio standing in again as a wing back, Meade impressive again, Sonupe was very sharp and caused them problems before he had to go off but MOTM was an easy decision, Tyrique Hyde. Strong and confident in possession and a threat going forward all game.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

The way Tyrique celebrated his second tells me he is glad to be back with the team albeit at Hemel who probably helped him get back to full fitness. :D
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

Not only was I so happy to see Tyrique back in the team, he now should be a permanent starter in the team no question.
As i forgot to mention in my earlier post, Also credit to our supporters who were very vocal yesterday.