D'sean Theobalds (Sub)
5%
Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 39

Ajaxman DFC

Re: Dartford v Oxford City Sat 13 Nov 2021

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

JW Dart wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:30 pm Totally agree with you Sleightly, one of the best goalless games and credit to Oxford for being attack minded visitors.
One incident in the first half which could have had serious implications later was the needless yellow card by a certain player for vehemently arguing with the referee over a foul not given. It did look a foul but when do referees at this level ever change their mind or consult their assistants.
If it's the certain player I believe you're alluding to, then a player of his experience should have known better. His own performance wasn't exactly one of his best either. Far too casual at times with one easily intercepted pass almost leading to an Oxford City goal.

I'm also beginning to wonder if we've signed a one trick pony from The Peter Sweeney School of Ballet Dancing for Senior Professionals.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview:-

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1ypJdEzmpPRxW
Aprouddart

Post by Aprouddart »

Agree with others Oxford looked the best team we have played all season. They seemed super fit and worked
very hard in closing us down, then passed the ball crisply in possession. At half time I would have taken the
draw but at the end, felt we should have won it, with our improved second half performance. Apparently
Luke has a very bad cut knee, could be out for a while. Meade has the player of the season in the bag already,
excellent signing.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Had to text the wife while standing at the end of the game. '0-0 here but a bloody good game of football'. Thought City were going to be a smart side and they didn't disappoint. But at the end we had them on the rack and I think they were glad of the final whistle.
The initial cock up in defence early on by Conor was quickly forgotten as the game went from end to end at a blistering pace. Shame that Jordan is injured as it would free up Luke (or Danny) to do what they are good at, as for Luke's performance yesterday I thought he did a fine job.
Once again for me Kieran got caught out a few times in dangerous area's and the game could have gone away from us with his poor passing. Having said that the second half, we were (all) rampant and City looked less dangerous as the game went on.
Theobald had a super game for his debut and Luke and Josh Hill shone for me.
As for this thread it has dipped slightly and some people are giving themselves away here. For me Rambo says it how he see's it but there are 2-3 on here that are a total waste of space and will probably have people/fans not bothering in the weeks ahead. Sadly.
My MOTM goes to Hill who I thought had an outstanding game. :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

As for Steve's (PL) cock up re Leonard, this is to be expected as he was the only supporter at Chesham when we were playing Cheshunt. :D
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I thought at the time that Azeez wasn’t offside when he headed that goal & been proved right.
It’s where he is when the shot is hit by Jebby that counts, not when it comes back off the crossbar!
The Lino got that well wrong…..again!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:27 pm As for Steve's (PL) cock up re Leonard, this is to be expected as he was the only supporter at Chesham when we were playing Cheshunt. :D
Behave Ozzy..... :lol: :lol:
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Park Life wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:04 pm Steve's post match interview:-

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1ypJdEzmpPRxW
Spot on Mr King 👍 we’re a little light in numbers for sure at the moment but we have a squad that is still, for me, capable of putting a few wins together and consolidating top spot, putting all the pressure on the chasing pack. Our two games with Ebbsfleet over Christmas will be massive (sorry to state the obvious!)

So buzzing for Saturday now a Hemel that will again be tough but games can’t come around quick enough for me. COYD.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Match highlights:-

https://youtu.be/twLb-Mv0Qvw
Aprouddart

Post by Aprouddart »

Didn't realise what a great saving tackle Luke had made when he got injured.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Cracking game of football, gutted we didn't win, but no lack of effort by either side. I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Between Jebb and Meade for MOTM, I went for Jebb. Fantastic crowd and a cracking atmosphere. The only thing missing was that all important winning goal. The biggest disappointment for me is seeing that this forum has been hijacked again. I think we should have proper authentication, names and photos on here so that people couldn't keep hiding behind alternative IDs. Nobody would behave like this if they were talking face to face. Abuse is unacceptable, whether it comes from fanatical, bunny boiling Steve King worshippers or devious mischief making fake supporters, the nonsense would be drastically reduced if people couldn't hide who they really are.
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

View from afar - I really wanted a win to turn our current winless run around, but Oxford weren't the ideal opponents, and while I'm never overjoyed at dropping two points at home, it sounds like we are getting back into the groove. The second half sounded like we threw everything at them and they were the happier outfit with the draw. Fingers crossed we can build on this.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Spike I agree everyone should show there real identity but on every single football forum that is not the case so what makes Dartford’s so special ? Maybe people don’t put there real names because of the unpleasant comments that I myself have experienced if you happen to not agree with the views of those who have followed Dartford for years so are in places of position who believe any new fans should be seen and not heard. Yes I am Kingie’s friend but got so bored of defending him every time we didn’t win 5/0 and the excitement from some long term fans when we lose , would rather now just walk the dog and enjoy life. It’s fine putting your name to things Spike obviously your real name , if there are no consequences , this is not the case at Dartford in my view , so good luck with your transparent forum.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Park Life wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:06 pm
Tony H wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:54 pm …and have just had a request from the man himself, Reginald Horsfield, to reveal his identity as Paul Hurley. Straight up!!
Everyone knew that anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone remember Reggie Perrin? 😊
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Any news on Luke Allen's injury a very hardworking and underrated player for us.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Rick, think it would be a splendid idea to have a new thread containing all the posts of who the folks are, otherwise all the decent stuff will be lost when the match thread is archived.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Kebabus wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:12 am Rick, think it would be a splendid idea to have a new thread containing all the posts of who the folks are, otherwise all the decent stuff will be lost when the match thread is archived.
It'll be a great thread.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Kebabus wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:12 am Rick, think it would be a splendid idea to have a new thread containing all the posts of who the folks are, otherwise all the decent stuff will be lost when the match thread is archived.
I created a "Who are ya?" topic in the "Any Other Discussion" section and moved the relevant posts from this thread into it.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

rick wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:56 pm
I created a "Who are ya?" topic in the "Any Other Discussion" section and moved the relevant posts from this thread into it.
…but you’ve not copied my post over Rick, and I was the one that set the ball rolling! 🤔
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Tony H wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:53 pm
…but you’ve not copied my post over Rick, and I was the one that set the ball rolling! 🤔
I did. Page 1, post 1 in the "Who are ya?" topic.