D'sean Theobalds (Sub)
5%
Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 39

dartLion

Re: Dartford v Oxford City Sat 13 Nov 2021

Post by dartLion »

Oh dear, standards seem to be slipping all around us, although I will always take a point against top six teams home or away. The important thing is not to lose against your closest rivals, job done in that rrespect today.
My apologies but I have come into this match cold, couldn't be there today, my first miss since the disaster that was Sudbury, and have just caught up with result, reports and this forum.
So standards, Park Life, I have to call you out when you said, "by Park Life » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:35 pm
Sub Leonard off, Sonupe on" - but Leonard wasn't on the starting team sheet?
Booing no doubt by some Millwall visitors, (no game today, internationals week) it's a habit at the Den whatever the score, and it generally has a positive effect on team and manager Drawitt!
BAW Army, Herbie and Rambo, please save your negativity and doomongering for the time in the season should the play offs become unreachable.
Finally, it appears Reg is back, Zebraboy, so I will get my coat and switch the lights off.
Goodnight and good luck to all for the rest of the season.
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

dartLion wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:44 pm Oh dear, standards seem to be slipping all around us, although I will always take a point against top six teams home or away. The important thing is not to lose against your closest rivals, job done in that rrespect today.
My apologies but I have come into this match cold, couldn't be there today, my first miss since the disaster that was Sudbury, and have just caught up with result, reports and this forum.
So standards, Park Life, I have to call you out when you said, "by Park Life » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:35 pm
Booing no doubt by some Millwall visitors, (no game today, internationals week) it's a habit at the Den whatever the score, and it generally has a positive effect on team and manager Drawitt!
BAW Army, Herbie and Rambo, please save your negativity and doomongering for the time in the season should the play offs become unreachable.
Finally, it appears Reg is back, Zebraboy, so I will get my coat and switch the lights off.
Goodnight and good luck to all for the rest of the season.
Hey Dartlion your a something to say because of Reg you will get your coat. It is a disgrace but i wouldnt believe you to understand this awful comment regarding the ******* Maybe now is to forget about Reg and just go against the grain and tell the truth. Ha ha ha. A member of this platform mimicked opinions on the *******. It was doctored to supress that view Fact.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Rather than censor the comment can we just ban the idiot? No place for that on this forum, or anywhere EVER. No excuses.
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:07 pm Rather than censor the comment can we just ban the idiot? No place for that on this forum, or anywhere EVER. No excuses.
Imagine if that was Reg ? Wow. Ban him now. Rick you are an accessory possibly why ?
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:07 pm Rather than censor the comment can we just ban the idiot? No place for that on this forum, or anywhere EVER. No excuses.
Has it been censored or changed again ?
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Great crowd, fantastic atmosphere (the booing was very localised and maybe related to some time wasting at the end by some of the Oxford players, maybe not. Not sure!? No place for booing at PO nonetheless!). Against a very well drilled side that will finish in a play-off position who came to us to play football and not park the bus, a draw was a decent result. Had the ball ran for us at times we might have snatched a win, but…

Long way to go, those around us have to win their games in hand of course to displace us from top spot. Who’s to say we can’t go on a winning run and consolidate top spot!?

I thought Jebb had a tremendous game. Proper stepped up to the mark today and gets my vote for MoM. Jernade Meade has played well consistently throughout the season and had another good one today. Theo olds did a job when he came on too.
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

Tony H wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:27 pm Great crowd, fantastic atmosphere (the booing was very localised and maybe related to some time wasting at the end by some of the Oxford players, maybe not. Not sure!? No place for booing at PO nonetheless!). Against a very well drilled side that will finish in a play-off position who came to us to play football and not park the bus, a draw was a decent result. Had the ball ran for us at times we might have snatched a win, but…

Long way to go, those around us have to win their games in hand of course to displace us from top spot. Who’s to say we can’t go on a winning run and consolidate top spot!?

I thought Jebb had a tremendous game. Proper stepped up to the mark today and gets my vote for MoM. Jernade Meade has played well consistently throughout the season and had another good one today. Theo olds did a job when he came on too.
A great game of Football. The lads gave it their all. Superb. When you look at each players performance you start to realise the effort they all put in. Luke Allen is cursed. But can anyone say this man or that man didnt put a shift in. No you cant. Kingy any credit ? Zebraboy your stupid. Although as sure as God made little green apples they will give you some credit one day. It will happen
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Football shouldn't be about one man. But boy, didn't we miss the creativity of Noor Husin today.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Comments from my mates are positive, best 0-0!

No Husin, he was missed and as an aside, could we have postponed like many other teams?

Anyway, not the win we craved but still only 2 losses, so must stay on board and be hopeful a win is not far away.

Now, as for Reg (or his 3 other heads) he's back and spoiling the forum again, he just goes on and on. Hijacked the thread and already someone has said they won't post anymore. Reg is trying to get Rick to shut this forum down, it's sad stuff.
rambo

Post by rambo »

DartLion I am not doommongering I actually feel the club is on the cusp of doing something really good and I see our future in the national league
We have a great squad and a great manager and the Board are doing a great job going forward
ebbsfleet seem to be in great form and are a full time outfit so they will probably run away with the league
Our early results suggested we could win the league but three points from five games suggest otherwise
I very much doubt Steve King is happy with recent results and he will be working overtime to get things right
In my book I am realist not a doom merchant
I am confident we will make the playoffs ( which we all know is a lottery)
I have not ruled out winning this league as have fans of three or four other clubs but our two games v ebbsfleet on Boxing Day and new year will be crucial
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

dartLion wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:44 pm
Hi dartlion,

I have no official capacity whatsoever and just a fan watching the game trying to help keep people informed who can't make it.
I try to post accurate info but do get a little excited during the game and admit got that sub totally wrong yesterday.

If others at the game also post the subs, goalscorers etc. it would help.
Last edited by Park Life on Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Oxford were the best team I have seen season to date and the fact we got a draw after the bad injury to Luke Allen, on top of the current injuries and missing Husin makes the draw even more remarkable. We were the better team but we still gave the ball away too easily, in fact Luke's injury came by the way of a loose pass. MoM was Jernade for me, he has been our most consistent player but I also had Jebb in the mix for his second half showing. All in all, this was the best game I have seen this season, with great support from the terraces and half decent crowd to boot.

SK has to make some big decisions this week, especially on Hyde and Ronnie, who is getting rave reviews at Dulwich Hamlet. DH are one of three teams who can overtake us and it would make sense to destabilise them by recalling him. SK needs to move a few players on and possibly get in loanee at right back and maybe another forward. We can't rely on one man to score our goals.

Now onto the ugly side of the forum; I can see that it was Pimm's o' Clock time again last night. They say the Leppard never changes its spots...well, this Zebra never changes his stripes. It was disappointing to see personal attacks on Brian & Rick on a posting that only stated the obvious of the "T@liban" governing Afghanistan. For the record, I thought that all sports had been taken off the table over there and I was surprised to hear that Husin was on international duty, which is good to hear that he can still represent his country.

Please carry on posting Brian and Rick. Initially, I was concerned whether the new forum would maintain its high standards but Rick has done an amazing job but now might be a good time to get out "The Black Ball Bag".
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

No lack of effort from our team and Oxford are a very
Good team but what concerns me this run of poor results.
Injuries,suspensions and international duty have taken
their toll.
But this is a tough league and there will.be lots of twists and turns before next May

I trust in Steve King and hopefully he can get us back on track asap...
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

A decent performance, perhaps a little unlucky in the second half not to get a goal, a solid point against a decent team who’s form is very good. Yet, so much negativity on here. Beggars belief!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

One of the most entertaining 0-0 draws i have seen.

Credit to Oxford who didn't park the bus, had a real go at trying to win the game and looked one of the best teams we have faced this season.
Considering the amount of absentees we had and a few players playing out of position plus the early injury to Luke.A we put in a very good performance (poor Luke really does deserve a turn in fortune, like all our midfielders is a very good player and offers something different).

Whilst both teams looked dangerous on the attack they also defended very well and why it ended 0-0. How we didn't score in the last 20 minutes though is purely down to some outstanding defending from Oxford, the clearance off the line from the full back and the save from their keeper down to his left was excellent. Add to that Jebb hitting the crossbar and Ade's disallowed goal we really did have a go and looked a real threat going forward again.

It's a really tough division but we are very well placed and will be in the mix at the end of the season. Last few weeks have been much improved performances and when we start getting players back confident we will start winning games again.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:07 am A decent performance, perhaps a little unlucky in the second half not to get a goal, a solid point against a decent team who’s form is very good. Yet, so much negativity on here. Beggars belief!!
Agree 100% Tony.

However i think you will find we have an old "friend" or two from the previous forum who have taken the opportunity to register under different names.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Any one know the winning 50-50 numbers yesterday or confirm its been claimed , I was so enthralled at the match I forgot to check !!!!!
Clare

Post by Clare »

The Duke wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:48 am Any one know the winning 50-50 numbers yesterday or confirm its been claimed , I was so enthralled at the match I forgot to check !!!!!
Hello, yes the prize was claimed.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Without a doubt the best ever 0-0 draw I’ve ever seen. A good advert for the League and both clubs for the neutral. One of whom was my Bro who was visiting for the weekend. He thoroughly enjoyed it and was surprised by the quality of football, and our facilities and fans.

We started slow again and that was exacerbated by Luke’s injury. But we could, and should have been 3 down before we finally clicked.

And then the same run of pure bad luck:

1) We always seem to have opposition keepers having their best games ever against us. No change with this dude. He pulled off the most amazing save.

2) Then we hit the bar (again!!) and one cleared of the line and another goal ruled out for Ade offside.

3) A very poor and weak referee who should have cautioned at least three Oxford players before he booked Conner(?) for dissent. That shows the ref had lost it. I’m sure they should have had a penalty too.

But overall we did extremely well. Oxford were superb. They didn’t need to resort shithousery but it crept into the game towards the end and I think that’s what the booing was all about. I was at the car park end for the second half and I didn’t spot or hear any negativity from our fans towards our boys. I didn’t spot any proverbial red flags.

I said to Tony H at half time that I’d happily take a 0-0. And I happily took it. I left the ground happy at ‘winning a point’ rather than, ‘losing two’ like last week. That was a solid performance and without some star players and I don’t see much to be worried about. We’re still capable of winning this league. The others will have slip ups too. But it’s gonna be tight with the likes of £bbsfl££t, Oxford City, St Albans and Dorking up our arses. Christmas and New Year will sort out the cream from the rest of the milk.

Now, as for this forum. I love this place and Gary and Rick(?) do and have done an amazing job. It really is my ‘back page’ read every day. Please guys and girls (?) don’t bail out because of one ‘excitable’ chap. He is a Darts fan too. Just read and move on. Or comment and move on.

Forums are all about opinions. Keep it going.
JW Dart

Post by JW Dart »

Totally agree with you Sleightly, one of the best goalless games and credit to Oxford for being attack minded visitors.
One incident in the first half which could have had serious implications later was the needless yellow card by a certain player for vehemently arguing with the referee over a foul not given. It did look a foul but when do referees at this level ever change their mind or consult their assistants.