D'sean Theobalds (Sub)
5%
Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 39

Grassbank

Re: Dartford v Oxford City Sat 13 Nov 2021

Post by Grassbank »

This felt like a game that had almost everything. We had a goal disallowed, we hit the bar, the opposing keeper made a great save when we looked like scoring from a corner, we had the pantomime villain (no. 19). We also had a great save from our keeper, I believe. It looked like he pushed the ball onto the post when the opposing forwards should have scored.

There were some dreadful decisions by the referee, who was a lot more consistent than many I have seen and favoured giving lectures rather than cards.

We had a great period of pressure in the last ten minutes, but did not enjoy the rub of the green. Better than last week, but still two points dropped rather than one gained.

Roll on Tuesday night. Might we finally return to winning ways?
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:23 pm Really don't know what to say, seems we've lost all confidence? Think we could've played all night and we wouldn't have scored.

Robinson ready to come on since about the 60th minute, and didn't come on at all was very bizarre. Meade MOTM for me, class again.

League table starting to look worse, St Albans and Ebbsfleet will pass us once they play their games in hand. And our recent form is concerning. Still trust King to turn it around and get back to our best. Not sure what the boos were about at full time?
Whilst opinions and all that so i understand. But you really are all in total abundance total doughnuts. A brilliant game of football from both sides. No shenanigans from Oxford. We were makeshift in positions not from our effort or players but through enforcements. Luke W a winger playing right back; George P a number 10 playing on the wing because of injuries and then add International requirements and suspensions and injuries maybe even the thickest of you may get it (and believe me you are and i totally doubt you will) but today was a great performance. So unlucky not to grab the victory but cant say enough for Oxford who were also very good. Great game of football. Loved it
Last edited by Zebraboy on Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

I don't post very often now but felt compelled after today's performance.
All I ever ask is the same effort from the players that it took me to get to PP today & boy did I got it.Fantastic effort lads,any neutral attending because of the international break must have thought this is alright.The oxford keeper was inspired.Well done Darts,sometimes the performance outweighs the result
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Plenty of excitement and a good game for a 0-0. First half Oxford had the better of it, and we were fortunate they didn't take advantage of a few sloppy mistakes at the back; think we missed Luke Allen after his injury when midfield looked iffy, although the sub Theobalds played well enough, and Jebb took more control as the game progressed. Second half we were much stronger, and starting to make several chances in the last 15 minutes, and unfortunate that Ade's goal was ruled out for offside, after reacting well to the rebound off the crossbar. He ran and worked hard all game and was our main threat. With no real wingers we relied on the Luke W and Jernade to cross from deeper positions.

Expect Tyrique won't play next week. He's obviously contributed to Hemel's improved form, but we could do with him back if Luke A is out for a while, as well as Ronnie now that Dulwich would pass us if they win games in hand; could he or one of the centre halfs play right back? Also let's hope Noor comes back from international duty without injury after they play Indonesia on Tuesday. We'll get through our blip, but maybe the Cockfosters cup match on Tuesday will allow some experimenting among the fringe players to help find our best format for the league.
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

BrianL wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:00 pm Plenty of excitement and a good game for a 0-0. First half Oxford had the better of it, and we were fortunate they didn't take advantage of a few sloppy mistakes at the back; think we missed Luke Allen after his injury when midfield looked iffy, although the sub Theobalds played well enough, and Jebb took more control as the game progressed. Second half we were much stronger, and starting to make several chances in the last 15 minutes, and unfortunate that Ade's goal was ruled out for offside, after reacting well to the rebound off the crossbar. He ran and worked hard all game and was our main threat. With no real wingers we relied on the Luke W and Jernade to cross from deeper positions.

Expect Tyrique won't play next week. He's obviously contributed to Hemel's improved form, but we could do with him back if Luke A is out for a while, as well as Ronnie now that Dulwich would pass us if they win games in hand; could he or one of the centre halfs play right back? Also let's hope Noor comes back from international duty without injury after they play Indonesia on Tuesday. We'll get through our blip, but maybe the Cockfosters cup match on Tuesday will allow some experimenting among the fringe players to help find our best format for the league.
Joke.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Sorry Zebraboy; flippant comment. so apologies for any offence. No more to be said.
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

Zebraboy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:33 pm
BrianL wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:00 pm Plenty of excitement and a good game for a 0-0. First half Oxford had the better of it, and we were fortunate they didn't take advantage of a few sloppy mistakes at the back; think we missed Luke Allen after his injury when midfield looked iffy, although the sub Theobalds played well enough, and Jebb took more control as the game progressed. Second half we were much stronger, and starting to make several chances in the last 15 minutes, and unfortunate that Ade's goal was ruled out for offside, after reacting well to the rebound off the crossbar. He ran and worked hard all game and was our main threat. With no real wingers we relied on the Luke W and Jernade to cross from deeper positions.

Joke.
This is a total disgrace. Its been edited to remove the comment about the *******. Who has done this on BrianLs Behalf? Doctored its a disgrace

It originally said lets hope the ******* allows him to come back from international duty. FACT. This is doctored by someone
A total disgrace and maybe the law should investigate this.

Total disgrace and cover up. Who replaced "lets hope the ******* let
With "also lets hope" and doctored my post.
Last edited by Zebraboy on Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Zebraboy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:18 pm This is a total disgrace. Its been edited to remove the comment about the *******. Who has done this on BrianLs Behalf? Doctored its a disgrace
I edited it to remove the offensive comment if that's ok?
I then censored that word.
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

rick wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:23 pm
Zebraboy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:18 pm This is a total disgrace. Its been edited to remove the comment about the *******. Who has done this on BrianLs Behalf? Doctored its a disgrace
Total disgrace. Sums this platforn up. A person abuses a political situation that hurts yes "hurts" one of the best playera who has worn the colours and more importantly his family marooned in a dreadful place. Enough now it has to be shut down pending libel or whatever
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

rick wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:23 pm
Rick you doctored the original quote not my opinion. Bad
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Oh dear, standards seem to be slipping all around us, although I will always take a point against top six teams home or away. The important thing is not to lose against your closest rivals, job done in that rrespect today.
My apologies but I have come into this match cold, couldn't be there today, my first miss since the disaster that was Sudbury, and have just caught up with result, reports and this forum.
So standards, Park Life, I have to call you out when you said, "by Park Life » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:35 pm
Sub Leonard off, Sonupe on" - but Leonard wasn't on the starting team sheet?
Booing no doubt by some Millwall visitors, (no game today, internationals week) it's a habit at the Den whatever the score, and it generally has a positive effect on team and manager Drawitt!
BAW Army, Herbie and Rambo, please save your negativity and doomongering for the time in the season should the play offs become unreachable.
Finally, it appears Reg is back, Zebraboy, so I will get my coat and switch the lights off.
Goodnight and good luck to all for the rest of the season.
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

dartLion wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:44 pm Oh dear, standards seem to be slipping all around us, although I will always take a point against top six teams home or away. The important thing is not to lose against your closest rivals, job done in that rrespect today.
My apologies but I have come into this match cold, couldn't be there today, my first miss since the disaster that was Sudbury, and have just caught up with result, reports and this forum.
So standards, Park Life, I have to call you out when you said, "by Park Life » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:35 pm
Sub Leonard off, Sonupe on" - but Leonard wasn't on the starting team sheet?
Booing no doubt by some Millwall visitors, (no game today, internationals week) it's a habit at the Den whatever the score, and it generally has a positive effect on team and manager Drawitt!
BAW Army, Herbie and Rambo, please save your negativity and doomongering for the time in the season should the play offs become unreachable.
Finally, it appears Reg is back, Zebraboy, so I will get my coat and switch the lights off.
Goodnight and good luck to all for the rest of the season.
Hey Dartlion your a something to say because of Reg you will get your coat. It is a disgrace but i wouldnt believe you to understand this awful comment regarding the ******* Maybe now is to forget about Reg and just go against the grain and tell the truth. Ha ha ha. A member of this platform mimicked opinions on the *******. It was doctored to supress that view Fact.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Rather than censor the comment can we just ban the idiot? No place for that on this forum, or anywhere EVER. No excuses.
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:07 pm Rather than censor the comment can we just ban the idiot? No place for that on this forum, or anywhere EVER. No excuses.
Imagine if that was Reg ? Wow. Ban him now. Rick you are an accessory possibly why ?
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:07 pm Rather than censor the comment can we just ban the idiot? No place for that on this forum, or anywhere EVER. No excuses.
Has it been censored or changed again ?
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Great crowd, fantastic atmosphere (the booing was very localised and maybe related to some time wasting at the end by some of the Oxford players, maybe not. Not sure!? No place for booing at PO nonetheless!). Against a very well drilled side that will finish in a play-off position who came to us to play football and not park the bus, a draw was a decent result. Had the ball ran for us at times we might have snatched a win, but…

Long way to go, those around us have to win their games in hand of course to displace us from top spot. Who’s to say we can’t go on a winning run and consolidate top spot!?

I thought Jebb had a tremendous game. Proper stepped up to the mark today and gets my vote for MoM. Jernade Meade has played well consistently throughout the season and had another good one today. Theo olds did a job when he came on too.
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

Tony H wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:27 pm Great crowd, fantastic atmosphere (the booing was very localised and maybe related to some time wasting at the end by some of the Oxford players, maybe not. Not sure!? No place for booing at PO nonetheless!). Against a very well drilled side that will finish in a play-off position who came to us to play football and not park the bus, a draw was a decent result. Had the ball ran for us at times we might have snatched a win, but…

Long way to go, those around us have to win their games in hand of course to displace us from top spot. Who’s to say we can’t go on a winning run and consolidate top spot!?

I thought Jebb had a tremendous game. Proper stepped up to the mark today and gets my vote for MoM. Jernade Meade has played well consistently throughout the season and had another good one today. Theo olds did a job when he came on too.
A great game of Football. The lads gave it their all. Superb. When you look at each players performance you start to realise the effort they all put in. Luke Allen is cursed. But can anyone say this man or that man didnt put a shift in. No you cant. Kingy any credit ? Zebraboy your stupid. Although as sure as God made little green apples they will give you some credit one day. It will happen
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Football shouldn't be about one man. But boy, didn't we miss the creativity of Noor Husin today.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Comments from my mates are positive, best 0-0!

No Husin, he was missed and as an aside, could we have postponed like many other teams?

Anyway, not the win we craved but still only 2 losses, so must stay on board and be hopeful a win is not far away.

Now, as for Reg (or his 3 other heads) he's back and spoiling the forum again, he just goes on and on. Hijacked the thread and already someone has said they won't post anymore. Reg is trying to get Rick to shut this forum down, it's sad stuff.
rambo

Post by rambo »

DartLion I am not doommongering I actually feel the club is on the cusp of doing something really good and I see our future in the national league
We have a great squad and a great manager and the Board are doing a great job going forward
ebbsfleet seem to be in great form and are a full time outfit so they will probably run away with the league
Our early results suggested we could win the league but three points from five games suggest otherwise
I very much doubt Steve King is happy with recent results and he will be working overtime to get things right
In my book I am realist not a doom merchant
I am confident we will make the playoffs ( which we all know is a lottery)
I have not ruled out winning this league as have fans of three or four other clubs but our two games v ebbsfleet on Boxing Day and new year will be crucial