Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes
George Porter (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 15

BAWArmy

Re: Concord Rangers v Dartford - Tue 2nd Nov 2021 7:45pm K.Off

Post by BAWArmy »

Even a draw is a poor result here. Yet here we are needing 2 goals to win and we haven't looked like scoring 1.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Wanadio and Sonupe on for Allen and Leonard.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Porter on for Azeez.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

I don't care what anyone says but this is worrying. Chelmsford and Dorking ok we got unlucky with some dodgy officiating. We haven't scored since the first half of Sudbury and seem to be running out of ideas? 8 point lead at the top of the table and by the time everyone plays their game in hand likely down to 3rd.

Very concerned, but if anyone has the know how to turn this back around it's Steve King.
Last edited by BAWArmy on Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Only plus point is that Facebook can't ban me in my own forum.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Oh dear, another scoreless show. We were so confident in our play and then we lost to Sudbury and suddenly it's going a bit pear-shaped. Let's hope we pick up Saturday. Got to stop the rot. As I say, teams are now settling down and finding their feet. :(
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Time to get the scoring boots on ade on bench sat back to 442 nor and jebb central with Leonard and wanadio wide Roberts and porter up top just my opinion
Dart Mark

Post by Dart Mark »

Probably our worst performance of the season! Embarrassing from our fans at the end
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Dart Mark wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:11 pm Probably our worst performance of the season! Embarrassing from our fans at the end
What did they do?
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

If it wasn’t for Wilksy we’d have been trounced. Once again, the ball just didn’t run for us. Seemed to lack any ideas when we got around the penalty area. Mind you, Concord were no mugs. They played well and deserved to win. What’s gone wrong? Need to nip this in the bud immediately. Nine points from the next three are an absolute must. No ifs. No buts. I’m fairly confident Kingy can sort it. All top teams have a bad spell. That was ours. Onwards.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Only tuned in to the radio tonight but we didnt seem up to our previous form. I'm sure the home game /crowd will be a big plus for us, so onto Saturday with some fresh ideas. Thank god we aren't spurs otherwise kings head would roll tomorrow :roll:

Will look forward to any other comments from those who were there, Is it the final ball or not being clinical finishing?! Or have teams worked out our biggest threat for goals and just outwhitting us?

thoughts
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

personally I think it's the latter. In which case we need to mix it up a bit, we have the squad to do that
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

Concord deserved that: well organised at the back, got behind the ball and hit us on the counter (and would have been more than one goal if it wasn’t for Wilks!). The lads just look like they’re lacking ideas and confidence. Complete lack of urgency at the end as well. Tired legs?

Cross after cross went in the box but I don’t think we won a single header. Ade is great in the air when we hit a team on the break and he’s running into the box, but not when he’s waiting for the cross and a centre back is marking him.

Still hoping this is just a blip! Bring on Saturday at home

P.S. St Albans don’t even play again in the league until the 16th, and Ebbsfleet’s extra games are at the end of the month. I won’t worry about dropping to 3rd just yet. Games in hand for a chasing team mean nothing until points are in the bag (and yes I’d say the same if it were the other way around!)
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Just need, somehow, to get back into that winning habit. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the squad of players we’ve got. As practically everyone has agreed on here we have the manager players that are more than capable of winning this league. Yes, winning is a habit - it starts again Saturday! COYD
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

A freezing cold evening at the arse hole of Canvey Island and they deserved to win, Wilkes made some good saves 2nd half to keep us in the game. Our big players Noor, Azeez and Danny on the wing seem to have lost the magic. Concord did look a solid decent team and we can't seem to buy a goal at the moment. Stating the bleeding obvious we need to start scoring and winning again from Saturday, come on Steve do your stuff.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

The confidence seems to have been knocked out of this team post Sudbury . Can’t blame the referee for last nights poor showing , we were sloppy at times in midfield with constant giving the ball away ,and up front we seem to be void of any ideas of how to at least test their goalkeeper; who only had to make one decent save in the ninety minutes . I think we are guilty of overplaying it when in or around the opponents goal ,and are becoming to predictable and easy to defend against . Take nothing away from Concord , they were well organised and did what we were doing to teams earlier on ; quick on the break and no messing when a chance to score was there . But for Dan in goal it could of been a little bit more of a embarrassing scoreline . We know what we are capable of and hopefully this is just a blip in form , like all teams have at one point , so hopefully get back to winning ways on Saturday and start finding that net again ?
Footnote:
The last thing we want see is an idiot jumping onto the pitch shouting and gesticulating at the opposition’s players and then having to be physically dragged back over the barrier by another fan 🤷‍♂️ WTF !
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Top Cat wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:05 am Footnote:
The last thing we want see is an idiot jumping onto the pitch shouting and gesticulating at the opposition’s players and then having to be physically dragged back over the barrier by another fan 🤷‍♂️ WTF !
This isn’t the first time now. Needs stopping. Whoever you are, this is not the behaviour of a Darts fan. Grow up and stop it. Shout, swear, rant at the ref and the ‘keeper, but keep idiocy away from this lovely club! It might cost us one day. Thank goodness this dick was dragged away by his sensible mate. Allegedly. Didn’t see it.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Due to Covid problems I have had the [ miss] fortune to have NOT watched the Darts since the thrashing of a very poor Welling side , I have only watched highlights so really dont have too many opinions except that we are predictable in every game , a few years ago when we were in the National League [ 2nd season] a Chempionship Coach told us that under Tony Burman you knew exactly what was coming and was easy to set up against and I suspect that Kingy is currently the same

Its now Kingy's biggest test since he has been at the Darts and I hope he gets it right so I can see [ my 1st game back] a really good [ winning] performance on Saturday v Chippenham
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

No question Concord deserved the win with a well organized defence playing 5 across the back hardly giving us a sniff,
Their keeper was only tested twice in 90 mins, every ball into the box was easily dealt with, there was simply no plan B to change it, the subs were too late & lost count of times we gave the ball away, Concord made us look very average.
I've watched every home & away match and it's obviously evident we are struggling against well organized teams who get many men behind the ball, defend in numbers and close us down quickly. Even listening to the Concord manager he mentioned how Hungerford played against us & he even said we wouldn't have a plan B against he's side last night.
We will face many other side's who will adopt the Hungerford, Sudbury, Chelmsford, Dorking and Concords way to stop us, we must have a plan B in place to combat these teams. What we could do to begin with is the return of Tyrique Hyde with he's attacking runs weaving into the box and just maybe he might have made a difference in some of the recent matches offering something different.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

After davedartslast post I watched the Concord Managers post match interview and its great to hear a Manager talk common sense , certainly 3 major points on the tactics we would use which he nullified and exploited and obviously was instrumental in their deserved win , only 1-0 thanks to Dan Wilks

Lessons to be learnt !!!!!