Total votes: 15

Park Life

Re: Worthing v Dartford Sat 28 Jan 2023

Post by Park Life »

FT 0-3
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Well disappointing would be an understatement. This result all but confirms to me that this league is Ebbsfleet's to lose and that realistically we have to consider ourselves out of the title race, especially after Ebbsfleet came from a goal down today to hammer their opposition. It's a shame as we had a really good Christmas however the last 2 results have been poor and if we are true contenders results that just cannot happen. I look forward to Dowse's interview to see what he has to say.

I wasn't at the game so can not comment on the performance/individuals, but what I will say is Alex Wall losing his head is not what we need now or ever. It's been coming all season and there's been a few games at Princes Park this season where he's been close to completely losing it and getting himself in trouble and it seems that point was reached today.

I mentioned it in a previous comment but I thought the commentary was a disgrace. They made personal digs at some of our players which is just uncalled for. I'm not saying I expect them to be completely neutral as that's not going to happen at this level but a bit of respect towards the opposition and their players should be the absolute minimum.

We have just made next week's game against Welling that little bit harder, they will look at today's result and that will be all the motivation they need especially after they got a big win at Chelmsford.

Playoffs was the aim at the start of the season and where I expected us to be, and barring a monumental collapse from now we're on target for that. Let's just hope we can secure top 3 and avoid the eliminator game.

COYD
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

A couple of things. Or more. We were not at the races today and Worthing were worth at least a 5-0 win. They’re a good side and they deserve to go places. But their keeper is a right little twat. Even a bigger twat than our own troll, who pipes up only when we lose and ONLY to enrage us real supporters who, sadly respond and fuel his fire. I don’t know why he’s allowed on here. He contributes nothing and if were an admin, he would be offed just like that Ebbsfleet clown! Please, admin, do the decent thing.

Now, Alex Wall. Four or five decent games for us? IF I’m being kind! The bloke is a buffoon at this level and he may well ‘cup his ear’ when he has the occasional blinder and scores. I don’t give a shit if he reads these pages. It’s a fans forum to express our opinion. I spoke to a ‘Senior’ Darts fan today and he said, “Wall is asking to be sent off.” I agreed. He was totally ineffective and even his embarrassing thuggish antics were ineffective. That’s why he lost it like a spoilt school kid. I love Dowse. He has brains. But I question what he sees in Alex Wall. And no Sheringham as back up as he’s ‘partying elsewhere.’ FFS. We need some reliable and consistent firepower up front. We can’t rely on our, otherwise, overloaded, defence. We’re top four for sure. But Wall is a liability and will cost us anything more.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Seen worthing earlier in year , they a decent outfit with money to throw around and if they had a fit forward who was with us last year , they be top two. Bad result but they happen as any Liverpool fan will tell u when hammered by the albion 3 zip!! I’ve seen Alex Wall a few times , he is what he is , will score blinders and terrify defences or get sent off, I personally like a nasty so and so in my team
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Just home from game (yep left early) worthing are a decent team with players giving 110% there striker was being watched today by Norwich City scout understand why TBH
Worthing had us from 1st 5 mins with diagonal ball over top fast forwards tom Connor being pulled out wide to cover full backs game over
Alex wall was warned after 5 mins by linesman infront of me about bullying tactics surprised he wasn't taken of at half time

Let's get behind this group and dowse

Up the darts
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match Report by Chris Palmer

Dartford’s promotion hopes suffered a setback, as an in-form Worthing secured the points and the double in front of 1,599 supporters at The Crucial Environmental Stadium.

Despite the Darts launching an immediate attack from the start (a feat which saw Luke Coulson force a great save from Harrison Male within the first minute, only to be caught offside), it was the hosts that would go on to set the foundations to virtually dominate the game.

The truth is, Dartford just couldn’t get to grips with the Rebel’s attacking trio of Davide Rodari, Ollie Pearce, and Lewis White. They troubled the defence all afternoon, while midfielders Kane Wills, Danny Barker, and Josh Chambers fed them dangerous balls.

And, the warning signs were there early on when Lewis White’s seventh minute effort kissed the top of Dan Wilks’ crossbar. However, a minute later saw the hosts edge themselves in front as a little bit of fortune went in their direction. Kane Wills’ dangerous cross wasn’t dealt with and the ball somehow ricocheted off of Wilks and into the back of the net (9).

The goal gave the Rebels added confidence and it wasn’t long before another blistering attack was rewarded. However, on this occasion, no luck was involved as in-form Ollie Pearce received the ball in space inside the Dartford box. He controlled the ball well, before connecting with a delightful left-footed half-volley which crashed in off the crossbar (11).

Josh Chambers then saw his curling drive sail narrowly wide of Wilks’ upright (14), before Dartford began to edge themselves back into contention. As they roamed forward more, they were unlucky to not have pulled a goal back after 23 minutes.

A great move saw Luke Coulson force a great save from Harrison Male, before Samir Carruthers got on the end of the resulting corner. Unfortunately, the midfielder’s strike flew narrowly wide of the post on this occasion.

However, the attacking threat of the hosts was always present and only a superb challenge by Maxwell Statham prevented Josh Chambers from burying a definite third goal of the half for the Rebels (27). The resulting corner then found Joel Colbran, who was thwarted by an excellent save at close-range from Wilks (28).

Josh Chambers then smacked the outside of the post with a terrific effort in the 32nd minute, before Aarran Racine saw his header chalked off for offside two minutes later.

The visitors didn’t give up hope though, and they soon found themselves on the front-foot during the remaining five minutes of the half. Only a last-ditch challenge by Joe Rye prevented Malachi Napa from pulling a goal back (40), before Alex Wall did find the back of the net following another brilliant attacking move a minute later. Unfortunately, referee Mr Ben Atkinson ruled that off for offside as well!

Clearly unhappy with his side’s first-half, manager Alan Dowson made two substitutions at the beginning of the second forty-five. Kristian Campbell and Jack Smith both left the field to be replaced by Pierre Fonkeu and the returning Jernade Meade respectively. The Darts’ sole remaining change in personnel would take place after 67 minutes, where Malachi Napa would be replaced by debutant Jamar Loza.

Meanwhile, Worthing’s first substitution took place on 65 minutes when Callum Kealy came on for Josh Chambers. That was followed by Reece Myles-Meekums and Lewis Thorn replacing Davide Rodari and Lewis Thorn respectively (74).

Returning to action on the pitch, a good free-kick by Luke Coulson found Pierre Fonkeu inside the box, but the substitute couldn’t beat Harrison Male who was alert to make the save (49).

Luke Coulson then tried to get in on the action himself, only to see Male save his 53rd minute strike as well! However, the goalkeeper then contributed towards launching a swift counter-attack along their right-flank, which resulted with Joel Colbran finding Davide Rodari at the far post with a delicious cross. And, the former Dartford loanee wasn’t going to miss, as he netted a third for the hosts (54).

Sadly, any hopes of Dartford mounting a comeback were ended in the 73rd minute after Alex Wall was shown a straight red card for a foul on Davide Rodari.

The result sees the Darts remain in second place in the National League South table, and Tom Bonner and Co will be looking for a response when they travel to rivals Welling United next weekend.

TEAMS

WORTHING: Harrison Male, Joel Colbran, Aarran Racine (c), Joe Rye, Reuben Livesey-Austin, Kane Wills, Danny Barker, Josh Chambers, Davide Rodari, Ollie Pearce, Lewis White.

SUBSTITUTES: James Beresford, Callum Kealy, Lewis Thorn, Reece Myles-Meekums, Dan Bowry.

DARTFORD: Dan Wilks, Jordan Wynter, Kristian Campbell, Samir Carruthers, Connor Essam, Tom Bonner (c), Luke Coulson, Alex Wall, Maxwell Statham, Jack Smith, Malachi Napa.

SUBSTITUTES: Tommy Block, Jamar Loza, Keiran Murtagh, Jernade Meade, Pierre Fonkeu.

By Chris Palmer
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

We’ve lost too many games to win the league now, but bar a massive collapse we’ll finish in the top 4 which is about where I expected. I wouldn’t have a great deal of optimism about the play-offs, but there are plenty of games left for that to change.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Park Life wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:16 pm
An honest interview as ever with the gaffer, he never hides when we have lost and tells it how it is!
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

After the two glorious wins over Ebbsfleet I did think we might just nick the League, however our last 2 games show its the playoffs for us. Ebbsfleet should thank us for hammering them twice it was the kick up the arse they needed to go on and win the League. I believe they are home to Havant & Waterlooville next Saturday if they win that one who is going to stop them.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Hadn’t stopped laughing at Ebbsfleet conceding early doors against Concord when the first goal went in. Safe to say the laughees soon became the laughers. Good job too that Robinson is out, as Worthing had a decent few chances which went for a burton. I suppose unpredictability is what keeps us interested sometimes, smashing the champions elect seems a distant memory now. At least we ruined their Christmas.

Is what Alex Wall did enough to warrant a red card?
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Really confused with what’s happened between an excellent Christmas period that showed us to be genuine title contenders to these last two games. Only the gaffer and the lads will know that, I guess!

On the Alex Wall debate, if it’s even a debate, yes I’m a big fan of the big old fashioned centre forward that he is that, as we’ve seen recently, terrorises defences and scores goals. Let’s not forget that he’s not the only player to dip in form these last couple of games. He’ll have a (enforced) break now to mull things over!

So bitterly disappointed with the last two performances against decent teams if we’re being honest. Top 3 has to be our aim, probably 3rd behind Ebbsfleet (Champions) and Havant but we must put together a run of consistent performances and results. Confident that the new players introduced this week will freshen things up.

COYD.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I can’t comment on the full performance of the team as I wasn’t at the game and have only seen the few minutes of low lights as you certainly can’t call them high.

From what I saw in the video of the Alex Wall red card it looked as though he was clearly set up between the 2 Worthing players.
Wall gets sandwiched between their 2 players and gets shoved in the back by the one behind causing him to clash with the one in front who seemed to crash to the floor as though he’d been totally poleaxed grabbing his head and yelling out.
Next minute the same guy that pushed Wall from behind then chased him and deliberately tripped/kicked him in front of the ref who ignored it and the second Wall reacted in front of the ref kicking out the guy falls over and the ref didn’t hesitate in giving the red.
Strange how the ref quite clearly ignores both previous incidents and only see’s Wall’s one.

I’m not defending Alex as he was stupid to react that way and those at the game may well say otherwise about him in the game.
I’m only going by the video.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Wally did give the ref an easy decision to make. But I agree, he does attract some ‘attention.’ But if he constitutes to dish out his pathetic nonsense like standing on toes then he has to expect a bit back and learn to not react and concentrate on his job which he has proved he CAN do. Sadly not ALL the time. Not even close to it. I really want to be proved wrong about Wally. I thought I had been recently and even voted him MOTM two weeks running. But yesterday, I think he showed his true value.
KentC

Post by KentC »

IMO
Ebsfl££t werd battered by us because our boys met the challenge head on and showed up.
They have assembled a very talented team with a lot of money spent and while we obviously have a talented squad Fl££t bottled it completely in both games. They didn’t show up and were a pathetic excuse for the badge they wear.
Our boys were the opposite, knowing how much talent fl££t have but they have no heart and balls.
Radio Kent said yesterday they proved our two games were a blip , no they weren’t they were a bottle job.

After these two games I said a brilliant season would be to come 2nd and I still feel this way. A massive advantage in the playoffs being at home and it definitely would be a success for me.
Let’s go for it , long way to go I know but we can do it.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

From the highlights we were all at sea in defence and it could have been a lot more. Poor game for us and the chasing pack are closing the gap. As Dowse says, we need to get a couple of wins under the belt and push on. But I do believe we've blown any chance of the title now, we've now got to concentrate on finishing 2nd or 3rd.
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:30 pm ......Even a bigger twat than our own troll, who pipes up only when we lose and ONLY to enrage us real supporters who, sadly respond and fuel his fire. I don’t know why he’s allowed on here. He contributes nothing and if were an admin, he would be offed just like that Ebbsfleet clown! Please, admin, do the decent thing.
Even if his profile was deleted, he would just create a new one and carry on. The problem is people keep responding to the little twat. Just ignore him and eventually he will go away!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

No complaints on the result, Worthing were the far better side on the day and in all honesty could have won by a few more.
They moved the ball about well but we looked off the pace and other than a bit of possession towards the end of the first half and two good chances at the start of the second, we were never in contention.

Just watched the Wall red card and imo it was harsh, especially as the ref clearly sees their guy trip him up but chose to let that go unpunished.

Not sure why we have dipped so much in the last two games, Dowse must also be perplexed by this.
Good interview form him and understand why he didn't put the new signings in yesterday, but it wouldn't surprise me if one, or maybe all of them will feature next week.

Real shame yesterday for the large number of Darts fans who made the trip.

Can't remember if i've been to Worthing before but their ticketing system for away supporters is ridiculous. Also a clear path to walk round the ground would be useful and £6.50 for a basic hotdog is a bit pricey. I feel a little bit better now...… :lol: :lol:

MOTM a real struggle as no player really stood out, so have voted for Jernade as he did well when he came on.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Dave T wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:54 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:30 pm ......Even a bigger twat than our own troll, who pipes up only when we lose and ONLY to enrage us real supporters who, sadly respond and fuel his fire. I don’t know why he’s allowed on here. He contributes nothing and if were an admin, he would be offed just like that Ebbsfleet clown! Please, admin, do the decent thing.
Even if his profile was deleted, he would just create a new one and carry on. The problem is people keep responding to the little twat. Just ignore him and eventually he will go away!
Exactly Dave.
I've said it numerous times but they still take the bait, he will be sitting at home in his gimp suit laughing his head off.