Josh Johnson
No votes
Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 40

SKennedyDFC

Re: Dartford v Welling Tue 1 Nov 2022

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Does anyone have a video of the Welling goal? Like others have said, I started to look up the pitch expecting the ball to be sent long from Young and then looked back just as it fell into our net.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Bus stop fans not happy with their Managers comments on their forum!! A derbies a Derby no matter what level of the pyramid it’s played at!!
It’s all about passion/effort & the Wings (& their Manager) showed zilch!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

Wow! Fabulous five star performance from our lads and I really struggled to pick a MOTM as it truly was a team effort with everyone hitting the mark. I had narrowed it down to a final 11 but then the subs came on :D . I understand why many have voted for Smith as he was outstanding, but in the end I plumped for Coulson who I felt had his best game since joining the Darts. We really dominated the middle of the park last night, something that has been evident ever since Wynter started playing as the holding midfielder. He is excellent in this role and his presence allows the more creative players to get forward. It really is starting to come together and Dowse is doing a fabulous job. The work ethic amongst the players is phenomenal and the desire to win is driving them on all the time. The highest compliment I can pay is that this reminds me of the sort of team spirit that was a hallmark of Tony Burman's teams at their best. I couldn't be happier with how things are going at our club. It seems that both on and off the pitch there is real harmony and I sit here now counting down the hours to the next game. Loving it Dowse, just loving it.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I picked the wrong time to be full of a stinking cold (not covid).
Went to bed at 8 o'clock but followed the updates .
Great win lads with some excellent finishing.
Feeling a bit better this morning
Probably down to night nurse and the Darts demolition of the bus stop team.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

IF I was a Welling fan and listened to Warren Feeneys post match interview then I would be really p.....d of as he came across as a real Billy Big Bo....ks and no respect for non league football , he says he was offered a role with a higher league club a week ago but turned it down , bet many Welling fans must now wish he has taken it .
For the record " Billy B B s " playing and Managing career as follows :

Played 300+ league games for teams at best in league 1 scored 1 goal in 5 , played for Northern Ireland 46 times [ 5goals ] won F... all and had a 11 year career in management incl 1 year at Newport County , 4 as assistant manager with lower league clubs and 4 with " mickey mouse " clubs in Ireland and Bulgaria , some " Billy B B " he is !!!!!

As for the game its virtually ALL been said , great to have pace in midfield [ Johnson and Smith] , guile [ Wynter] and experience [ Coulson] and Caruthers to come !!!

Derbys might NOT be important to Feeney but try telling that to 1700 fans last night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Rejoice Darts fans, great win, great vibe and let's keep the momentum going. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Farnborough

Post by 180 »

Darren

Post by Darren »

What a performance!

Like some others, I was disappointed with Kingy’s departure and thought the club had royally f***ed up, especially after 6-7 games. However I’m so glad that Dowse has made me eat my words and this team is just getting better and better.

TBH I was expecting more of a threat from Welling and had the game was played when it should’ve, they would’ve probably got a result as we wasn’t playing well then.

Hard to pick a M.O.M but opted for Smith in the end.

Fantastic attendance for a Tuesday night - my only criticism is the behaviour of the youth element behind the goal. Whilst they create a great atmosphere and get behind the team, the throwing things onto the pitch and the massive surge forwards when a goal is scored will either cost the club in fines or worse still, someone will get hurt. Maybe, I’m just getting old :lol:
Last edited by Darren on Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Darren Said
Fantastic attendance for a Tuesday night - by only criticism is the behaviour of the youth element behind the goal. Whilst they create a great atmosphere and get behind the team, the throwing things onto the pitch and the massive surge forwards when a goal is scored will either cost the club in fines or worse still, someone will get hurt. Maybe, I’m just getting old :lol:
There are so many of us that have said the same thing as we stand behind the goal and are having to gradually move either to the left or right further away from the goal but still see the objects being thrown on to the pitch see them surge forward for goals and the pride they display as some are marched away out of the ground by stewards. Maybe at 74 I'm getting old to :)
Hailsham Dart

Post by Hailsham Dart »

An excellent result and superb commentary as always!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Evening games under the lights always seem to have a good atmosphere especially a local derby and last nights was no exception.
I expected a tougher game as Bus Stop/Tarpaulin FC although inconsistent, have got some decent results this season and they are still well placed to challenge for a play off spot which is where i thought they would be this season.

However first half we were better in every aspect and played at a tempo which Welling just couldn't handle. It was a very impressive display and we deservedly went in 3-0 at HT.

Second half they started well and got the early goal although i did think at the time Ade had charged the ball down with his arm (i've slowed the video down numerous times and still looks like it to me) but other than another chance where Joe made a very good save it was all over as a contest when we got the fourth and from then on we totally controlled the game.

A very good performance from the lads and a thoroughly deserved win even more enjoyable as i've not seen a single comment from anyone connected to Bus Stop/Tarpaulin FC giving us any credit at all. Apparently it was all down to them being poor ;) ;)

Already said Jack was MOTM for me but also special mention for Luke Coulson. Helped change the game last week when he came on against Slough and excellent again last night. Luke's had a bit of a stop/start to the season with a couple of niggling injuries but is now showing what a quality player he is.

Must admit after nine games i was one who had concerns about how the season was going but the turn around has been excellent.
We look well organised with every player working hard, performances have improved as well and a ten game unbeaten run has been quite remarkable. So big credit must go to Dowse, his team and the players.

COYD
Last edited by Park Life on Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Park Life wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:50 pm Evening games under the lights always seem to have a good atmosphere especially a local derby and last nights was no exception.
I expected a tougher game as Bus Stop/Tarpaulin FC although inconsistent, have got some decent results this season and they are still well placed to challenge for a play off spot which is where i thought they would be this season.

However first half we were better in every aspect and played at a tempo which Welling just couldn't handle. It was a very impressive display and we deservedly went in 3-0 at HT.

Second half they started well and got the early goal although i did think at the time Ade had charged the ball down with his arm (i've slowed the video down numerous times and still looks like it to me) but other than another chance where Joe made a very good save it was all over as a contest when we got the fourth and from then on we totally controlled the game.

A very good performance from the lads and a thoroughly deserved win even more enjoyable as i've not seen a single comment from anyone connected to Bus Stop/Tarpaulin FC giving us any credit at all. Apparently it was all down to them being poor ;) ;)

Already said Jack was MOTM for me but also special mention for Luke Coulson. Helped change the game last week when he came on against Slough and excellent again last night. Luke's had a bit of a stop/start to the season with a couple of niggling injuries but is know showing what a quality player he is.

Must admit after nine games i was one who had concerns about how the season was going but the turn around has been excellent.
We look well organised with every player working hard, performances have improved as well and a ten game unbeaten run has been quite remarkable. So big credit must go to Dowse, his team and the players.

COYD
Keep the faith! :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I couldn't get up for the game last night. When I got home around 8.45pm i was pleasantly surprised at the scoreline. Overjoyed in fact.
Things seem to be bedding in with Dowse's side and we are seeing good performances all over the pitch. The winning way is getting to be a good feeling.
I hope it continues Saturday and again we'll have to be on our toes against a Braintree side that are doing well.
COYD's
Aprouddart

Post by Aprouddart »

When looking at the highlights, I also concluded that Azeez handled for his goal. good spot Steve.
Should have been picked up by the linesman.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Should have been picked up by the Goalie beforehand maybe??