All the best to you and Helen, Duke.
rambo

Re: Dartford v Hungerford Sat 9 Oct 2021 Kick off 3pm

Post by rambo »

Take care duke ,I hope you and duchess are well soon
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Davedart wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:43 pm I think kingy said last week that Jake would be out for 3 weeks. Tomorrow we got to the get at them from the off and try to get an early goal before they can employ their antics.
Jake Robinson is not in today's squad but he is doing the live matchday commentary with James.
Last edited by The Futures White on Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

It could have been worse Dukey, you could have come to the game. :)
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Very true Ozy ,had the symptons late Monday and have an NHS Covid Test every other tuesday morning before my two weekly Blood Transfusion at Maidstone Hospital and thats where it got picked up as Positive [ 1st time in 18 months ] , Helen also got a proper NHS Test and she was also Positive , just shows even with 2 jabs the Virus is still about and perhaps throwing caution to the wind is NOT the smartest move , hopefully when the Booster jab gets taken up it will be a big help

Hoping that Kingy arranges a friendly match for 19th or 23rd October [, dont want a Sudbury replay !!!! ] or else its Dorking away next match for me
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Team: Wilks, Wynter, Meade, Husin, Hill, Essam, Leonard, Jebb, Porter, Allen, Azeez.

Subs: Sonpue, Roberts, Kedman, Dalling, Wanadio.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

HT 0-0.
Hungerford playing as expected but unfortunately we have let it effect us and as a result the tempo of our play is well below our normal level. Hopefully second half we will not get involved and the ref will start taking control.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Dartford v Hungerford Sat 9 Oct 2021 FT 1-0 Att 1305
Scorers: Azeez (63)
Booked: Allen, Husin, Azeez
Team: Wilks, Wynter, Meade, Husin, Hill, Essam, Leonard, Jebb, Porter, Allen, Azeez
Subs used: Roberts, Sonpue, Dalling
Bench warmers: Kedman, Wanadio
Match Official: Alex Blake
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

I think we all knew Hungerford were going to come with a game plan of slowing things down, falling bodies and treatment from the physios, but although this was a very different type of game for all those reasons, the cream still rose to the top.
Listening to the commentary, and Jake alongside James, did well with his contributions, we seemed to have chances and their keeper brought off some excellent saves, whilst Wilks seemed untroubled for the whole game. Still, one goal is sufficient for 3 points if we don't concede, and we didn't!! Maidstone drop 3 points at home, which all helps.
Very happy to see the points roll in.

Well played Darts.

COYD
Last edited by PeteSamson on Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Hope there is a good turnout for the Race Night after the game tonight. I can only sit back and wait for one of my horses to come in!!

COYD
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Hungerford must be the worst team I’ve watched in 30 years, cheating ,time wasting, feigning injury, what a shower of shit, how do people watch that every week. The keeper was a great keeper but the worst sport in history, embarrassing to watch and a cry baby. We did what we had to do , wasn’t great but kind of victory that makes champions. Maidstone got beat , made my day.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

What a win, absolutely superb! Didn't fall into the trap of getting sucked into their game plan, everyone did their jobs and arguably should have and could've easily been 3 or 4.

Their keeper was timewasting from minute 1 and to see him absolutely lose it in front of our fans was a joy to watch (hopefully he retrieved the ball he booted into the car park!!!)

Maidstone lost as well which makes the win even sweeter. MOTM for me is Ade, getting the goal at a crucial point in a tight game (oh and bonus points for the celebration)
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

How sweet was that?! We had to beat a cheating bunch of so-and-so’s and the referee. Their keeper could have been man of the match if handn’t been such a cheating little c c c cry-baby! Well done you super Darts. You dealt with one of the worst anti-football teams I have had the displeasure of seeing. Worse than Forest Green Rovers a few years back. Ade Azeez made my day. Not just for the goal but the way he gave the keeper his ‘face’ after the goal. That told that miserable bunch exactly what we all thought of him and them and it was well worth a yellow card in my book. Ade and Noor are the absolute dogs nuts for us week after week. Noor edges it for my MOTM today. I got more pleasure out of that win than any so far this season. 5 points clear. Suck it up boys n girls.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Where was Tom Bonner today? Is he injured?
MickW

Post by MickW »

Well that's certainly one team I wouldn't mind seeing relegated. Their antics were awful which makes the win all the sweeter.

After spending so much of the match time wasting it was great to see the fans behind the goal give the keeper a going over once we went a goal up. Hanging onto the ball and then throwing it back on once he was ready to kick the replacement ball was genius and probably the reason the keeper gave them a little clap at the end.
Mom difficult I'll have to have a ponder but Steve deserved the applause the crowd gave to him at the end.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Good to see we can grind out a result (against a team versed in the dark arts) as well as scoring goals for fun against some of the lesser teams. :D
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

I heard the discussion between the Hungerford players while putting the flag up and the antics were planned out . Tells you something when they started time wasting early in the first half . They seemed to overload the midfield in an attempt to stop is playing and coupled with that we did seem a yard off the pace .
I was hoping for a reaction after a SK team talk but within seconds of the 2nd half starting their keeper gave us all the motivation we needed after his ridiculous attempt to fain injury when he was clearly not touched.
Our goal came after fantastic work from Leonard who left 2 defenders on their arses before cutting the ball back to Ade who made not mistake with the finish.

Motm for me though was Meade who ran them ragged

https://youtu.be/Z0CTxiRIHE4
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Ok , it would seem we have all done the Hungerford keeper a huge mis-justice . After reviewing the footage you can clearly hear a shot from a mystery sniper

https://youtu.be/7GzjhO2-d4Y
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

What a vile grisly bunch they were...like a pound shop burnley ..but hey ho 3 points and on we go. Mom for me jordan wynter...still moving freely despite still having luque in his pocket.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

The Duke wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:43 pm Tested positive NHS Test for Covid19 yesterday [ Helen also had NHS Test and she is also positive ] so 10 days isolation for me which means I miss Hungerford and Sudbury games , so its radio/ Twitter catch up for me , none of my Darts friends{?] need to worry as i missed Maidstone game so they are safe, hope we get an exciting draw in next round as surely we can beat Sudbury !!!

Just feels like a cough/ cold and just 1 degree under , glad I had the jabs !!!
Wishing you both well soon. Sadly The Don and my dear sister are going through the mill with Covid.