Kwaku Frimpong (Sub)
3%
Davide Rodari (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 36

Tony H

Re: FA Cup 2nd round qualifying Dartford v Beckenham Town Sat 17 Sep 2022

Post by Tony H »

Lennylenny wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:39 pm Why do interviews if the only people who read them are keyboard warriors? I like a bit of banter , but nobody yet nobody can doubt the love and dedication likes of Parklife, spur , slightly, the duke etc have for this club. Opinions are like arseholes we all have one , but only a stupid person would not read just how his most loyal and dedicated followers feel. Those who used to watch and cringe at Marc whites interviews must be flabbergasted , these are far worse , to infer Tom and Conner are the problem is so ridiculous and pathetic , forums are for football fans and fun, those who run them should be praised, if dowse don’t read them u can be sure the board who are thousands of pounds out of pocket losing to a team most haven’t heard off infront of 600 odd will
Thousands of pounds out of pocket? Do you really believe that clubs budgets include for prize money in Cup Competitions? Absolutely not!
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Tony H wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:33 pm
Lennylenny wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:39 pm Why do interviews if the only people who read them are keyboard warriors? I like a bit of banter , but nobody yet nobody can doubt the love and dedication likes of Parklife, spur , slightly, the duke etc have for this club. Opinions are like arseholes we all have one , but only a stupid person would not read just how his most loyal and dedicated followers feel. Those who used to watch and cringe at Marc whites interviews must be flabbergasted , these are far worse , to infer Tom and Conner are the problem is so ridiculous and pathetic , forums are for football fans and fun, those who run them should be praised, if dowse don’t read them u can be sure the board who are thousands of pounds out of pocket losing to a team most haven’t heard off infront of 600 odd will
Thousands of pounds out of pocket? Do you really believe that clubs budgets include for prize money in Cup Competitions? Absolutely not!

I agree but don’t you think they know it’s potentially there and would be a great bonus to have. They know what’s on the table if we get through so it’s something they could hope for.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

You’re absolutely right but - to coin another Bullseye catchphrase, I’m sure LennyLenny was alluding to a, “let’s see what you could’ve won!” 😆
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

:D :D :D [/media] :?:
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Lennylenny wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:47 pm :D :D :D [/media] :?:
Lost me there pal!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:29 pm
You’re absolutely right but - to coin another Bullseye catchphrase, I’m sure LennyLenny was alluding to a, “let’s see what you could’ve won!” 😆
Not another F*****g Speed Boat 🤣🤣
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Have just watched the highlights and also Dowse interview.

Yes. Two bad decisions from the ref with the handball and the sending off. I don't know whether the filming angles on the sending off were misleading, but it looked to me like Frinmong covered a greater distance to get to the ball, therefore moving at a higher speed compared to the Beckenham player and duly got to the ball first. Looked like a very clean winning of the ball! No high boot. A good tackle. Hope the red card is rescinded. But from then onwards, it was advantage Beckenham.

Credit to Beckenham for their performance, but that was to be expected, given their record to date this season.

I don't think Dowsie is blaming the back four specifically, but certainly blaming the teams 'defensive duties' and that includes the midfielders contribution to defensive play. Looking at recent previous highlights, we do not seem to have midfield players willing to win first balls going forward, or helping in defenders defend. Midfielders also seem slow to get back. Is it fitness? or complacency? We are certainly missing a Noble and Bradbrook type of player!!

Very disappointed with the result and another missed opportunity this season for an FA Cup run. As I am aware from previous conversations, the club do not depend on a cup run within the annual budget. However, a winning run would have generated additional funds which could have been put to good use in moving us forward.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Post of the week there Pete!!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

PeteSamson wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:09 am
I don't think Dowsie is blaming the back four specifically, but certainly blaming the teams 'defensive duties' and that includes the midfielders contribution to defensive play. Looking at recent previous highlights, we do not seem to have midfield players willing to win first balls going forward, or helping in defenders defend. Midfielders also seem slow to get back. Is it fitness? or complacency? We are certainly missing a Noble and Bradbrook type of player!!

Well said Pete, this part specifically is how I also interpreted the interview and also matches my own opinion of our main issue.

Take set pieces as an example as we have conceded so much from them this season. It isn't just down to the back 4, it's down to every single player in that box to pick up their man/area and deal with anything that comes their way, which we are simply not doing at the moment.

As I mentioned in my post match post it always looks to me as the defenders are stepping out and doing the work the midfielders should be doing which then leaves us exposed. We also seem to lose every 2nd ball in the midfield which was a problem last season too.
WFCFAN

Post by WFCFAN »

Woking fan here - I come in peace...

Given Dowson was our manager for a couple of years, I've kept an eye on how he's getting on since he moved to be your manager, and also your results.. as I've been to see us play @Dartford on a few occasions.

I've just watched the above interview and TBH I am in now way surprised... his willingness to completely throw under the bus his playing staff is frankly normal behaviour for him.. he did it on many occasions when he managed us... I found his whole approach in front of the camera completely unbearable and utterly un-professional. If you think I'm exaggerating go check out some of his interviews and "Friday catch ups" on Youtube - some of them were meandering rants, almost un-intelligible - in stark contrast from our new manager - Darren Sarll - Why, am I posting this? certainly not to gloat in anyway, but merely to set your expectations... this is him and I very very much suspect he is not for the changing... so brace yourself and good luck for the rest of the season
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Results on the pitch are what matter not his interview conduct. He's done it before and been successful so why should we worry about him changing

People will call me a troll as they always do but why we are getting on the managers back so early is baffling. Even the Coyle and Flanagan you gave more time to before complaining and calling for them to go.

In Dowson we trust!
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

BAWArmy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:54 pm Results on the pitch are what matter not his interview conduct. He's done it before and been successful so why should we worry about him changing

People will call me a troll as they always do but why we are getting on the managers back so early is baffling. Even the Coyle and Flanagan you gave more time to before complaining and calling for them to go.

In Dowson we trust!

I have to say it’s nice to hear you positive but have you seen the games he’s getting criticised for.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

WFCFAN wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:43 pm Woking fan here - I come in peace...

Given Dowson was our manager for a couple of years, I've kept an eye on how he's getting on since he moved to be your manager, and also your results.. as I've been to see us play @Dartford on a few occasions.

I've just watched the above interview and TBH I am in now way surprised... his willingness to completely throw under the bus his playing staff is frankly normal behaviour for him.. he did it on many occasions when he managed us... I found his whole approach in front of the camera completely unbearable and utterly un-professional. If you think I'm exaggerating go check out some of his interviews and "Friday catch ups" on Youtube - some of them were meandering rants, almost un-intelligible - in stark contrast from our new manager - Darren Sarll - Why, am I posting this? certainly not to gloat in anyway, but merely to set your expectations... this is him and I very very much suspect he is not for the changing... so brace yourself and good luck for the rest of the season

Thanks for this, an interesting read.
Is this the feeling of a few or the many in your opinion.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

KentC. wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:08 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:54 pm Results on the pitch are what matter not his interview conduct. He's done it before and been successful so why should we worry about him changing

In Dowson we trust!

I have to say it’s nice to hear you positive but have you seen the games he’s getting criticised for.

I've seen a few yes, I'm not denying we've had bad performances but that's expected when a new manager takes over who has a completely different philosophy to the last one is it not?

Are we forgetting about the away win against Bath which looking at the table was a very good result, the performance against Havant where we should've got at least a draw.

Judging a manager to the extent some are doing on here 2 months into the season when we're a point outside the playoffs is harsh
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

BAWArmy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:14 pm

In Dowson we trust!

I've seen a few yes, I'm not denying we've had bad performances but that's expected when a new manager takes over who has a completely different philosophy to the last one is it not?

Are we forgetting about the away win against Bath which looking at the table was a very good result, the performance against Havant where we should've got at least a draw.

Judging a manager to the extent some are doing on here 2 months into the season when we're a point outside the playoffs is harsh

You know what I disagree with you completely but I credit you for having a positive constructive opinion
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

KentC. wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:19 pm

You know what I disagree with you completely but I credit you for having a positive constructive opinion
New season new me!

My opinion may change come the end of the season but we need some stability at the club. Last season it was the players coming and going I don't want the club to turn into one that overturns managers like there's no tomorrow.
Spike

Post by Spike »

I'm sceptical, it just seems like another ploy to me. If I could be sure that he was a real supporter I would happily respect his views, but I am one of many who are highly sceptical that BAWArmy (formerly "UpTheDarts") is a genuine Dartford supporter. I don't know of a single person who knows him or can vouch that he attends matches at Princes Park which is very strange. His anonymity plus his apparent desire to take up a contrary position to whatever the majority view is at the time, is classic trolling. If I am ever proven to be wrong I will happily apologise, but for now I will take everything he posts with a pinch of salt.
Last edited by Spike on Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I am pro Dowse but I do believe that he should save his criticism on players for behind closed doors as his comments could be seen as a deflection of his own inability to make the changes necessary in the current squad which it is obviously painfully clear to see , his interviews are now getting " very repetitive " and I dont think are having the same [ positive] effect on the fans as earlier in the season !!!!

He should remember the old adage " Action speaks louder than words "
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Spike wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:20 pm

I'm sceptical, it just seems like another ploy to me. If I could be sure that he was a real supporter I would happily respect his views, but I am one of many who are highly sceptical that BAWArmy (formerly "UpTheDarts") is a genuine Dartford supporter. I don't know of a single person who knows him or can vouch that he attends matches at Princes Park which is very strange. His anonymity plus his apparent desire to take up a contrary position to whatever the majority view is at the time, is classic trolling. If I am ever proven to be wrong I will happily apologise, but for now I will take everything he posts with a pinch of salt.
UpTheDarts 😂
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

The Duke wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:13 pm I am pro Dowse but I do believe that he should save his criticism on players for behind closed doors as his comments could be seen as a deflection of his own inability to make the changes necessary in the current squad which it is obviously painfully clear to see , his interviews are now getting " very repetitive " and I dont think are having the same [ positive] effect on the fans as earlier in the season !!!!

He should remember the old adage " Action speaks louder than words "
My Geordie's improving though. The next time I'm in Tyneside I'll get the gist of what the locals are talking about now.