Meet The Manager - 5th Sept 2022 after DFCSA AGM

Gary C

Meet The Manager - 5th Sept 2022 after DFCSA AGM

Post by Gary C »

NOTICE is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the DFCSA will take place in the Champions Bar, Dartford FC on Monday 5th September 2022 at 6:30pm. Following this AGM, there will be a Meet the Manager/Questions & Answers session with Alan Dowson.

AGENDA
1. Notice of meeting
2. Apologies for absence
3. Minutes of 2021 Annual General Meeting
4. Chairman’s report
5. Treasurer’s report inc. travel
6. Membership report
7. Warbler Club Lottery report
8. Committee/Resignations and Re-Elections
9. Any Other Business including open Q & A and membership draw
JCJ

Re: Meet The Manager - 5th Sept 2022 after DFCSA AGM

Post by JCJ »

Is the meeting the manager only open to DFC Supporters association members?
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

No, it will be open to everyone but the AGM part will be for members only.
For only £10 a year though, we would recommend joining the DFCSA (discounts on coaches, should you wish to travel away etc, free draws throughout the year, discount from Club Shop)
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Is there an actual start time for "Meet The Manager" as it would be good to know for people travelling home from work?
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Gary C wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:51 pm No, it will be open to everyone but the AGM part will be for members only.
For only £10 a year though, we would recommend joining the DFCSA (discounts on coaches, should you wish to travel away etc, free draws throughout the year, discount from Club Shop)
Can I join tomorrow night? And then attend the meeting?
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

JCJ wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:17 pm
Gary C wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:51 pm No, it will be open to everyone but the AGM part will be for members only.
Can I join tomorrow night? And then attend the meeting?
Yes, you can.
Park Life wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:40 pm Is there an actual start time for "Meet The Manager" as it would be good to know for people travelling home from work?
It is expected to be from 7pm, but obviously, the AGM is the first thing so if that over-runs, the Meet The Manager start-time will be later.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Thanks Gary.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Can’t make it this evening but will someone be taking notes of the Q&A with Dowse and posting here? I, for one, would appreciate it.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

And could the notes NOT be in Geordie please?
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Sleightly Deceptive

So…. Any gems? Pearls of wisdom? Promises? Reassurances?
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

I had taken some notes, but my computer crashed before I could type them up so I only have what I can remember - hopefully this is all accurate (!)

- Dowse was off to two games today (one at Barnet, and then the FA Cup replay between our next round opponents).
- Hoping to get more bodies in, including a winger. Limited to the amount of loans available per season so may be permanent deals. Prefers longer loans/permanent anyway.
- Was disappointed not to get a couple of former Woking players but the timing of getting the job didn't allow it.
- Rodari should be back for the weekend. Wilks was due to train last night, only Sam Odaudu is unavailable definitely after his operation
- Will be treating the competitions in this order: League, FA Cup, FA Trophy, other cups - expect to see some academy representation in the County Cups as a way of seeing them in action.

I'm sure some of the others there will remember more, but I was finishing up AGM information during the meeting
Sleightly Deceptive

Thanks Gary.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Gary C wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:53 pm I had taken some notes, but my computer crashed before I could type them up so I only have what I can remember - hopefully this is all accurate (!)

- Dowse was off to two games today (one at Barnet, and then the FA Cup replay between our next round opponents).
- Hoping to get more bodies in, including a winger. Limited to the amount of loans available per season so may be permanent deals. Prefers longer loans/permanent anyway.
- Was disappointed not to get a couple of former Woking players but the timing of getting the job didn't allow it.
- Rodari should be back for the weekend. Wilks was due to train last night, only Sam Odaudu is unavailable definitely after his operation
- Will be treating the competitions in this order: League, FA Cup, FA Trophy, other cups - expect to see some academy representation in the County Cups as a way of seeing them in action.

I'm sure some of the others there will remember more, but I was finishing up AGM information during the meeting
Great stuff, thanks Gary 👍
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Thanks for that Gary.
Let's hope he is looking for a hard tackling defensive midfielder and someone to replace Wall.
Sleightly Deceptive

Fred OLness wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:35 pm Thanks for that Gary.
Let's hope he is looking for a hard tackling defensive midfielder and someone to replace Wall.
The cones that they train with could replace Wall.
rambo

Post by rambo »

With respect if we have any sense we should target a great fa cup run to finance a push for promotion next season