Player news

Moderator: Gary C

Park Life

Re: Player news

Post by Park Life »

Dowse has done some good work with the retained list of players and i can think of a few more of last seasons squad i wouldn't mind staying. But we can't wait for ever so if they don't want to commit then time to move on.

But what I'm really looking forward to is seeing the new additions he brings to the club.

It would be good if he can manage to get some from a higher level but we might have to wait a few more weeks to find who he signs as i believe a lot of contracts run until the end of June.

With the first friendly scheduled for 9th July it's going to be a difficult few weeks for him so i doubt he'll have much time at the moment to watch Sky Sports in his office :lol: :lol:

COYD
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Dowse made it pretty clear on his Sunday walk about that he is not going to wait for the ones wanting a better deal elsewhere and using the Darts as a back stop if nothing better comes along and " so say ALL of us " !!!!!!!!!!!
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Skybluecard wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:41 pm
KingKong wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:05 pm max kreztschmar is leaving woking on 30th june.
Sad to see Max leave us, but at 29 and after his best season he is rumoured to be heading to Southend. However he is loyal to Dowse so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn up at Dartford, but I expect him to be expensive!! He’s also coaching @ academy level so who knows. Good luck to him, he’s been loyal to WFC and one of the coolest penalty takers there is!!
he is rumoured to be signing for Barnet today.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Sam signs first team papers.

And enjoy Sam belting out a song. Seems like a great atmosphere around at the moment.

The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Good lad well done Sam.

I’m loving these new style interviews & video’s coming out from Dowse. A breath of fresh air.
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Excellent news to see the Club trying to bring players up from the academy. The successful academy teams were featured a few times in the NLP last season with match reports and I'm guessing Sam is one of those players involved. Not sure of Sam's position because looking him up I found reference to him as being a defender, and then in another post it says he scored 30 goals last season. :roll: :lol:

All credit to Sam and also to the staff of the academy as well as Dowse on making the decision. Love it when we can bring young players through into the first team squad and Dowse makes it clear Sam is not there just to make up the numbers but challenging for a regular place.

Well done Sam and congratulations on signing your first pro contract.

COYD
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Good luck Sam , when Ive seen you play I have been impressed and now its time to really push on in the 1st team, role model " Ebou Adams " , time to reward Dowse as you wouldnt have got the chance with the other guy !!!!!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Danny Leonard has returned to Sheppey United for an undisclosed fee. Shocked at this!! :o

https://www.dartfordfc.com/danny-leonard-departs/
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

Disappointing as I think he had good potential to progress to a higher level 🤔
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The fact we received a fee for Danny confirms we had an option to re-sign him so looks like he didn't want to stay.
To drop down two levels though to go back to Sheppey is surprising........
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Terrible move.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

DA Mikey wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:46 pmTerrible move.
100% have ever been to Sheppey.🤪
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Bizarre news...thought we may lose him to a higher league but not a side two leagues below...can't get my head around this.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I am sorry to see him go but he obviously wants the comfort of the family and a Club where he can score freely rather than being ambitious at a bigger Club , so Good Luck Danny hope you enjoy it !!!!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Family comes first every time, he makes this very clear in his interview with Sheppey.

Well done could have gone through the motions collecting a wage from the club and done very little for us in his second season, personally think he deserves some credit for being honest and up front with Dowse.

All the best at Sheppey Danny, thanks for your efforts last year.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

According to Kent On Line, Porter and Kalala have left the club Josh Hill going to Dulwich

No Return for Kory Roberts or Dinanga

Hopefully one of last seasons goalkeepers will sign
Meade looking at playing at a higher level
plus we cant compete with the big spenders like Ebbsfleet, Havant Dulwich and Welling,

Welling seriously??

Just hope Dowse got a few aces up his sleeves.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

JCJ wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:14 am According to Kent On Line, Porter and Kalala have left the club Josh Hill going to Dulwich

plus we cant compete with the big spenders like Ebbsfleet, Havant Dulwich and Welling,

Welling seriously??

sorry-just seen this after i posted on another thread as usual!
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

JCJ wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:14 am According to Kent On Line, Porter and Kalala have left the club Josh Hill going to Dulwich

Welling seriously??

Welling do appear to be throwing some money around (for this level of football) so far this pre-season. Agree with Dowse that we will struggle to compete (financially) with Ebbsfleet, Havant and Dulwich - but I would hope that we can be on a similar footing (if not slightly better) than Welling.