NEW FIRST TEAM MANAGER: ALAN DOWSON

KingKong

Re: NEW FIRST TEAM MANAGER: ALAN DOWSON

Post by KingKong »

ozymandias wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:28 pm I see Wes Fogden and Dan Lincoln have been released by Dorking W's. Now I know that they would probably not stray far from the South Coast and will probably end up at Havant&W. But Dan Lincoln would be a great asset for us if Wilksy is thinking of leaving. Superb keeper.
I wonder if Dowse has pulling power? ;)
Dan Lincoln is also a very fine bat particularly in t20. We need a big hitter in the middle order.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

KingKong wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:43 pm
ozymandias wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:28 pm I see Wes Fogden and Dan Lincoln have been released by Dorking W's. Now I know that they would probably not stray far from the South Coast and will probably end up at Havant&W. But Dan Lincoln would be a great asset for us if Wilksy is thinking of leaving. Superb keeper.
I wonder if Dowse has pulling power? ;)
Dan Lincoln is also a very fine bat particularly in t20. We need a big hitter in the middle order.
His Great Great Grandad Abraham was an even better Statesman of the highest order!!!!
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Of course...and wore a very fine hat.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Cameron Brodie. Mr Dowson. Get Tonys academy boys in dont go down the Woking friends Route. The future is on your doorstep. Cameron must be one of your squad. He was being brought along. So play him as a regular. The fan base would respect you rather than a signing. He is an academy boy and one of the Dartford community. A great lad and a must for your team. A real must. A regular.Give him a chance Along with some of the other academy lads. Use them. Dont waste money when you have talent on your doorstep the academy its easy dont make the same mistake as king use the academy. Tony has been developing the academy boys for a good few years now so along with Cam there will be at least one more or why not ? It would bring the people through the gate in their throngs if you go with some of the boards ideas and use the academy rather than mounting up the numbers as king did then they will praise you .Alan the calculator is on you by the board in using players. Tony has them out there for you fact im told. Been doing it for a decade so. Dont make the same mistake please. I would hope to see you immediately use the academy mr Dowson. The academy is our future not Woking or your friends. Rebuild from day one rather than jobs for your mates. Please
Spike

Post by Spike »

Reg has fallen off the wagon again.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Spike wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:53 am Reg has fallen off the wagon again.
Use Cameron hes a great lad and play 4 or 5 of the academy
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

DFCTALK wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:02 am
Don’t be daft Paul, seems like you wanting the new manager to fail
Spike

Post by Spike »

DFCTalk/Reg/Arthur/Paul, you are so transparent. Your post isn't about Cameron or the academy, it's yet another gripe about King's departure. His apparent lack of interest in the academy being one of the reasons given for his dismissal, your suggestion to pack the first team with academy lads is a thinly veiled attempt to make some sort of point. Like you, I would have been happy for King to stay, but I think it should be possible for the first team manager's connection with the academy to be somewhere in between packing the 1st team with youngsters or ignoring them altogether. The decision has been made and we've got a very promising replacement in Dowson. You've already said you're not coming any more so why are you still posting? If you've changed your mind then thats great; but what's done is done and you need to get over it.

ps. Cameron is a decent player and may well get his chance.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

My view ( for what it’s worth!) My wife and I on cup final day was told by somebody trustworthy King was getting sacked which to me isn’t how a community club should be run. I can see the reasons why he was sacked and some are valid , some maybe not so , but the board it seems have made a excellent appointment, let’s hope he gets the full support of everybody behind the scenes at Dartford and if he fails , let’s hope lessons have been learnt on how to relieve a man of his livelihood with a little more respect and dignity.Reg makes a post about academy , Dartford is a great place for football for all ages, everyone wants to see local boys and girls do well , I’m sure Reg meant well and he would be the first to cheer if we unearth the next Peter Ward( my boyhood hero!)
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I'm not doubting that Wilks is a better keeper or not, but as it's been said on here somewhere that Wilks may be moving on to Welling of all places I just thought that maybe now that Lincoln, whether a good cricketer or ex President, would be a keeper to look at.
I remember Lincoln playing against us on a few occasions. Especially as a youngster for Bognor. Also he may have the option of playing at Worthing next season. As said, he obviously prefers to stay on the South Coast, that would 'Take the biscuit' if he turned up at PP with them. :D
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Spike wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:46 am DFCTalk/Reg/Arthur/Paul, you are so transparent. Your post isn't about Cameron or the academy, it's yet another gripe about King's departure. His apparent lack of interest in the academy being one of the reasons given for his dismissal, your suggestion to pack the first team with academy lads is a thinly veiled attempt to make some sort of point. Like you, I would have been happy for King to stay, but I think it should be possible for the first team manager's connection with the academy to be somewhere in between packing the 1st team with youngsters or ignoring them altogether. The decision has been made and we've got a very promising replacement in Dowson. You've already said you're not coming any more so why are you still posting? If you've changed your mind then thats great; but what's done is done and you need to get over it.

ps. Cameron is a decent player and may well get his chance.
Freedom of speech. I said before, a paying customer has the right to voice their views. Whether you like it or not Spike. Lets play the kids from the community what is wrong with that suggestion. Dont hold them back any longer play them. I would like to see some of them included now regularly in the first team selection. It was one of the reasons given for Kings departure. So therefore im assuming its a prerequisite for Mr Dowson to accomodate the lads. I said it before the squad assembled by Steve King were possibly one of my favourite set of players to talk to since the 80s. I certainly had a connection with them. I was talking to Richie Hamills dad last night, Richie is Danny Leonards best friend. Danny is my favourite player but I fear he wont figure.Im going to miss the squad massively. Im really upset at the possible twinning of Woking and Dartford Football clubs. I hope that doesnt happen as that would have nothing to do with the community
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

JCJ wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:18 am
I dont, yes you are all aware of my love for Kingy. Dowson is a very good choice i would be lying if i said any different. I just dont like what has gone on. For me with selling Noor and the sacking of King its like having an owner playing with the club. He has been successful but dont forget he was sacked for 12 losses in 13 games. I hope that the board help him and not hinder him. I believe that F and C hold views that their hands were tied at times and for me if Mr Dowson is to create what the board want they will have to have a change of mindset. Good luck Mr Dowson
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

JCJ wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:18 am
I dont, yes you are all aware of my love for Kingy. Dowson is a very good choice i would be lying if i said any different. I just dont like what has gone on. For me with selling Noor and the sacking of King its like having an owner playing with the club. He has been successful but dont forget he was sacked for 12 losses in 13 games. I hope that the board help him and not hinder him. I believe that F and C hold views that their hands were tied at times and for me if Mr Dowson is to create what the board want they will have to have a change of mindset. Good luck Mr Dowson
Last edited by DFCTALK on Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MickW

Post by MickW »

DFCTALK - like a record with the needle stuck.
Your spoiling my holiday mate -give it a rest please.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

MickW wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:19 pm DFCTALK - like a record with the needle stuck.
Your spoiling my holiday mate -give it a rest please.
Easily ruined then but i will yes sorry but this has really hurt me. I just get upset. Its no more than that. So apologies for going on. But for me its tarred this great club. But no more i promise.
Happy Jubilee parties to all.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

"You can't win anything with kids."

Alan Hansen MOTD 1995.
V184

Post by V184 »

Is it this Alan Dowson ? “Following the prolonged run of poor form in the league, the Board of Directors has taken the tough decision to relieve Dowse of his duties,” said Woking Chief Executive, John Katz. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

V184 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:10 pm Is it this Alan Dowson ? “Following the prolonged run of poor form in the league, the Board of Directors has taken the tough decision to relieve Dowse of his duties,” said Woking Chief Executive, John Katz. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you bored ? 🤔
V184

Post by V184 »

Lets hope you dont draw Woking away in the cup to quote Dowson “I’ll never set foot in the club again”. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DartfordHero

Post by DartfordHero »

V184 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:18 pm Lets hope you dont draw Woking away in the cup to quote Dowson “I’ll never set foot in the club again”. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I saw a piece linking your manager away to a higher level club but he turned them down. Why would anyone want the manager who placed third in a league with an unlimited budget 😳