Who do the real Dartford Fans want as the new Manager ?

The Duke

Who do the real Dartford Fans want as the new Manager ?

Post by The Duke »

Plenty of posts on the outgoing guy which are pretty pointless albeit initially interesting ? , how about views on the replacement , for me I would go for Alan Dowson !!!!
DA Mikey

Re: Who do the real Dartford Fans want as the new Manager ?

Post by DA Mikey »

Jamie Day. A known quantity, yet not DFC furniture.
Local lad and should have enough contacts and influence to get some good signings. He was also a quality midfielder who could spray a pass about beautifully, which would sit well with me to reintroduce into our style of play.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Alan Dowson or Chris Kinnear for me, both have great contacts and develop young players. We need a manager with the emphasis on a team ethic. If we decide on a young manager, who can help develop our academy, then I would go for Bobby Wilkinson.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

None of the above
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Kinnear has retired, he wouldn’t want or need the stress!!
(I’m not his wife by the way)
Dowson? No one would understand. PP would become a Building Site in 80’s Düsseldorf!!
I’d be happy with Jamie Day, as bad as the M25 is it must be a better journey than the Bangladeshi ring road?
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

DA Mikey wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:12 pm Jamie Day. A known quantity, yet not DFC furniture.
Local lad and should have enough contacts and influence to get some good signings. He was also a quality midfielder who could spray a pass about beautifully, which would sit well with me to reintroduce into our style of play.
Yes but remember he did the dirty on us once before when he left as a player to manage Bus Stop FC . They announced he had taken over with any contact with Dartford even though he was our contracted player.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Dowson is my number 1. Knows what it takes to get out of this league and has been successful wherever he has managed. I'm sure he will have contacts in order to assemble a strong and competitive squad.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Dowson
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Ha’way Mon!!
Who will get the fishy, on the little dishy.
Who will get the fishy…..when the boat comes in?
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

Might as well appoint TB again. No doubt he will be pulling the strings on whoever comes in
sbarker

Post by sbarker »

Bring back Henno
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Ted Lasso.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:40 pm Ted Lasso.
Brilliant!
templehillian

Post by templehillian »

According to Wiki. Tom Champion is out of contract in July. Could be a good choice with Bonzo player/assistant.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

templehillian wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:46 am According to Wiki. Tom Champion is out of contract in July. Could be a good choice with Bonzo player/assistant.
Does he have any managerial experience? according to Wiki he doesn't. Why people insist on getting people in purely off the fact they are ex players baffles me.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BAWArmy wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:55 am
templehillian wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:46 am According to Wiki. Tom Champion is out of contract in July. Could be a good choice with Bonzo player/assistant.
Does he have any managerial experience? according to Wiki he doesn't. Why people insist on getting people in purely off the fact they are ex players baffles me.
It doesn’t take much to baffle you.

UPTHEDARTS
DA1

Post by DA1 »

BRASSNECK wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:16 am
BAWArmy wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:55 am
It doesn’t take much to baffle you.

UPTHEDARTS
But he’s right. If we want to challenge for the league what on their CVs would make people want to get Champion and Bonzo? Anyways I’m expecting someone in by the Monday then the hard work starts.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Well assuming I qualify as one of the "real Dartford fans" ... Even though I don't for one minute believe UpTheDarts is a genuine Dartford supporter or have any confidence that what he types is his real opinion, his latest attempt at gaining credibility I do actually agree with. There is a world of difference between being a good player and a good manager and whilst playing experience could be helpful, there is no reason to think that better players make better managers. The two jobs have completely different skill sets. My biggest fear is that we go down the Coyle/Flanners route again and end up just getting some nice bloke who used to play for us and knows "the Dartford way". I accept that Steve King could have been a bit more flexible and taken on board some of the core values, but I dread that we will now do a 180 and go in the complete opposite direction. We are a good club playing at a high standard and we shouldn't be selling ourselves short on the pitch. One thing Kingy did that his predecessors didn't was convince high quality players that they were privileged to be playing for us, rather than the other way around. I hope we can maintain that confidence with the next appointment.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Also assuming a 'real fan' and agree to what Spike says to a large extent. It is true that very few 'quality' players at any level that turn into a decent manager right the way up the pyramid. However, during the season the player interviews include a question about who they consider to be a future manager and the majority have said Bonner with one or two saying Murtagh. I am not for one minute saying that one or both could be the head coach/manager but it would be good to see Bonner included in the official coaching team to go with whoever comes in. In terms of who I want to take the top job I hope Hess comes in or someone with his proven capabilities and contacts.

Whoever it is I have put my disappointment about Kingy going and will of course be there for the new season.

COYD
Eyes and Ears

Post by Eyes and Ears »

Welcome ben strevens