Harry Sargeant (Sub)
No votes
Louis Atkins (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 19

BrianL

Re: Kent Senior Cup Final - Dartford v Folkestone Invicta Tue 17 May 2022

Post by BrianL »

Well done. Pleased for those fans attending seeing what sounds a lively second half performance, and a cup presentation. Also good to see Ade back on the scoring sheet.
Two cups from same competition in same season must be some kind of record.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Well played Darts

Good to see Conor Essam get a runout too after his injury too.

If the crowd was only 476, I wonder how much that was due to the hastily arranged date by the Kent FA. It certainly didn't do Folkestone any good when they last played 3 weeks ago and their players had all said their goodbyes after their last fixture. Not very clever either if the Darts had made progress to the play off finals too. Kent FA now treating their own competition with contempt.

Great to be able to say the Darts have retained the trophy, and fair play to Folkestone too.

COYD
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Strange though; we score 6 7 & 6 in our last 3 x away games but failed to score at all in our last 2 at home!!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Proper job. Feel a bit for Folkestone with their sixth consecutive county cup final loss, but we’ve had our share of shite too.

Well done lads.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Felt sorry for Folkestone. At 2-2 I thought they might win it. They were lightning going forward and missed some glaring opportunities and had two disallowed. Then fitness proved to be the key. Their legs went and even I could’ve scored. Great for Ady, but MOTM? NOT in a million years. Even he looked embarrassed when he heard the announcement. Nice ending to a weird old season.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Good to win something at the end of what was a mixed bag of a season . The 6-2 scoreline is a little flattering ,with four of our goals coming in the last 10-15 minutes , up until then it was pretty even contest with both teams creating chances ,and Folkestone having two goals disallowed for offside , albeit Darts had one too , but I think our fitness levels played a major part for those last fifteen minutes and the goals followed . I think we started with four academy players ? and Conner returning was a bonus ,but I’m going for Sami Carruthers for MOTM , but overall it was a good team effort and good experience for the academy lads . Well done Darts .
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Great to end the season on a high and dampen some of the play-off disappointment. Impressed with the academy right back I have to say (Mansaray) - deserved his goal and gets my MoM vote marginally ahead of Carruthers.

Well done lads.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

I forgot to post this here in the early hours - Match report:
https://thedarts.eu/2021-2022/128%20vs% ... %206-2.pdf

Post by 180 »

18/05/2022
Kent Non-League Podcast - Episode 216
It's our penultimate show of the season and most of it is recorded with one of us on location at the Kent Senior Cup final! Before all that though, Bromley fan Machel St Patrick Hewitt gives us a supporters' perspective on their season as a whole and looks ahead to their Wembley date in the FA Trophy this weekend. Dartford were crowned Kent Senior Cup winners, and after two late goals, striker Ade Azeez was named man of the match. We hear his thoughts on the game, and the season as a whole for the Darts. Folkestone Invicta manager Neil Cugley discusses how he managed to get such a strong side together, the efforts of his side throughout the campaign and looks ahead to next season. Plus there's all the rest of the news from around the county including looking ahead to Ebbsfleet's play-off final, the latest managerial comings and goings and all the rest of the usual chat and nonsense, including Plato's number, misplaced swearing and Grace.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Not a major trophy but still nice to win a cup final so well done to Kingy and a special thanks to all the players who i believe were out of contract and stepped in at very very very very late notice (KCFA :roll: :roll: ).
A very enjoyable evening and it's a good competition to give the academy lads some game time and they all did very well.

Chatham FC has changed a lot since i last went there and it's a now really nice set up, artificial pitch however was one of the rubber pellets everywhere type which imo makes it a little harder to play on.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Park Life wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:35 pm Chatham FC has changed a lot since i last went there and it's a now really nice set up.
At least you didn't end up at Chesham's ground or Cheshunt :lol: :lol:
Thanks for your updates to this new forum over the past few months!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

rick wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:56 pm
Park Life wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:35 pm Chatham FC has changed a lot since i last went there and it's a now really nice set up.
At least you didn't end up at Chesham's ground or Cheshunt :lol: :lol:
Thanks for your updates to this new forum over the past few months!!
No probs mate, i'll try and stay off the beer and get it right next season but no guarantees........

COYD
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Nice to think that Reice, Samir and Danny Leonard may be retained for next season.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »