That goal!

Disco Stu

That goal!

Post by Disco Stu »

Lots of reminiscing about that goal scored ten years ago today. No, not Agueeeeerrrrrrro! the other more important one. Happy Lee Noble day everyone.

Courtesy of @SportsAnalysis
MickW

Re: That goal!

Post by MickW »

Happy, happy times - such a brilliant day.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Simply awesome moment.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

That’s the sort of team bonding & togetherness you should have in a play off team, not what we witnessed yesterday.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Now that, Mr King was a team who loved the club and a decent Manager to boot. Nothing against you Sir. :) What do I Know?
rambo

Post by rambo »

Great day and great game, I didn’t hear of the other goal until an hour after our game 🤣
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

I do remember that match - as I wasn't there :(
I bought a ticket. My mate Les (Dartmouth) couldn't get a ticket, so I gave the ticket to him and I stayed at home.

Dartford v Welling Sun 13 May 2012 FT 1-0 Att 4088
Scorers: Noble (4)
Booked: Noble, Harris, Erskine
Team: Wells, Burns, Green, Bonner, Wilkinson, Champion, Noble, Rogers, Erskine, Bradbrook, Harris
Subs used: Garrod
Match Officials: Paul Rees, Vince Penfold, Alan Dale

I have radio commentary, photos (from Carol White-Griffiths), full video (unedited) and usual highlights for that match, on: http://www.sonytino.co.uk/20112012.htm

Some links to other stuff (reports etc) no longer work, but the videos do.

10 years later - I'm running the forum too :shock:
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Unforgettable game of course and the early goal great. The other stand out for me was when Bonner tackled a Welling guy in the box and cleanly took the ball - outstanding defender then and still is. Missed the opportunity to get a ticket from Dartford but thankfully Welling still had some left!!!

Comparison between then and now. I think it is much tougher to get out of the NLS now with more full time teams and probably more money. We did punch above our weight when we played in the NLP but we had a consistent squad in the first season and found it difficult when key players left. Steve has had no option but to bring in players through the season only Bonner, Jebb and (until recently) Wilks have been consistent with so many other season-starters getting long term injuries or not quite performing.

I think Maidstone and Dorking (when they beat Ebbsfleet next weekend) will find life a lot tougher than we did in the NLP and we may find ourselves replacing one of them for season 23/24 - hopefully.

COYD