Marcus Dinanga (Sub)
5%
Kalvin Kalala (Sub)
3%

Total votes: 39

Tall Dart

Re: Dartford v Braintree Town Mon 2 May 2022

Post by Tall Dart »

Will we hear a post match summary from King ? It has bothered me previously that when we are not at the races we dont hear from the boss. He will have to hold his hands up today I think.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Tall Dart wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:22 pm Will we hear a post match summary from King ? It has bothered me previously that when we are not at the races we dont hear from the boss. He will have to hold his hands up today I think.
I’d quite like to hear an apology and an, “I completely got it wrong today.” But, I fear, it’ll be another, “listen, blah blah. Listen, blah,” Steve, we’d like to ‘listen,’ but we ‘hear’ sweet FA!
Eagle88

Post by Eagle88 »

I said a couple of months ago we would be lucky to make the Playoffs I haven't changed my mind. We might just scrape in, but too many changes too often.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Scratching head. In Disbelief.

What is it?

This may annoy some…
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Eagle; We are definitely IN the play offs!!
Can’t finish lower than 5th!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

It beggars belief how the manager would make so many changes from Saturday with 3rd place up for begging (but everybody else has said that haven’t they!?) The Tinkerman may have tinkered too much I heard them cry! I’ll stick by what I’ve said all along - judge the man on where we are after the last kick of the ball this season.

Bloody awful today though. Maybe Braintree did deserve the win, maybe our sh**e performance made them look good!? It matters not now, as the points are dropped and to finish 4th now with Oxford breathing down our necks is a big ask.

Keep the faith, at least until the fat lady’s sang her last aria! Come on Darts, don’t end the season with a fluster and a bluster 🙏
MickW

Post by MickW »

For the first time ever I didn't stay to see the end of season player of the year etc celebration - too pissed off to cheer anyone. I wish I could say its the first time I've felt like that this season but its happened too often. We can play so well yet we have to suffer this rubbish too often. I'm really disappointed.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

There's an old saying " if it ain't broken, don't fix it". I'm trying to understand the logic, after an excellent result last game, the gaffer makes wholesale changes. The one that was crucial for me was to leave Curruthers on the bench and bring in a player who has barely featured and is not a recognised midfielder, then spends the game chasing the ref around the pitch.

We deserved nothing from the game but I don't think we gave ourselves a chance today with that starting lineup. What a kick in the privates for those players rested who played well the previous match. The mind boggles. :shock:
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

The only positive for me today is I didn’t have to pay to watch that performance today.
The buck stops with the manager and anybody who was there today or not there(UpTheDarts) could see there was to many change’s.
If Ebbsfleet don’t win next week and we win we finish 3rd so not over yet.

UpTheDarts
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Let's face it, could have been four/five down at half time. Absolutely ballsed that one up. Not one player deserves a vote on this performance apart from Cookie who saved our blushes. Absolute shambles, Sunday league stuff.
You'd have thought Kingy would have shaken them up a bit at half time, but we just kept giving the ball away and Braintree could have had two more 5 minutes into the second half.
Thoroughly deserved their win.
My MOTM Cookie, there was no one else out there.
There were three or four who shouldn't have started today. Non existent.
Warming up for the play-offs!!!! My arse. :shock:
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

In that case Dean, can I have my money back on another boring programme? :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Bonner getting a fair share of the vote!! For what? Getting booked again?
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Could of ,should of of been 3 down by half time but for some last ditch defending . Braintree came into this game knowing they had avoided relegation and their fans were singing and celebrating the fact , so no pressure on their team to perform , and they obliged by outplaying us for most of the first half and thoroughly deserved their winner late on . I can agree with what most on here are saying about the changes made again and it is frustrating for the fans , especially those who witnessed Saturdays win ? MOTM was our 34 year old Captain Tom Bonner who played Saturday but still managed to give100% ,and heaven help us if he was to get injured this late in the season .
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

ozymandias wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:07 pm Let's face it, could have been four/five down at half time. Absolutely ballsed that one up. Not one player deserves a vote on this performance apart from Cookie who saved our blushes. Absolute shambles, Sunday league stuff.
You'd have thought Kingy would have shaken them up a bit at half time, but we just kept giving the ball away and Braintree could have had two more 5 minutes into the second half.
Thoroughly deserved their win.
My MOTM Cookie, there was no one else out there.
There were three or four who shouldn't have started today. Non existent.
Warming up for the play-offs!!!! My arse. :shock:

Agree with everything though I think Tom B played well today when others close to him made his job harder
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

ozymandias wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:09 pm Bonner getting a fair share of the vote!! For what? Getting booked again?
Wow! I thought Tom saved us an absolute battering today. The only outfield player worthy of the shirt. (Though I do wonder what, privately, goes on in his mind re the Boss and team selection. I doubt he gets consulted.)
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Ozymandias - that’s an insult to Sunday League mate.

Cookie did play well, Captain Tom wore his heart on his sleeve as usual(got my MoM vote). Jack Jebb tried to make things happen. Unfortunately, too many journeymen in the team that likely won’t be with us next season!!

I too didn’t hang around at the end. Who won the season awards? Anyone? Bugger all on the Clubs socials as usual!!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

ozymandias wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:08 pm In that case Dean, can I have my money back on another boring programme? :D
No 😂

UpTheDarts
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

As much as I don’t like to admit it I actually agree with what B&WArmy / Up The Darts or whatever he’s called has posted today.
I’m sorry but only a fool would make so many changes from Saturdays 0-6 winning team to what was put out today and I’m afraid Steve King you are that fool.
To make 6 changes from a team that has won by that score line is absolutely crazy, to put your 2 strikers from Saturday who scored 3 of the 6 goals both on the bench and replace at least one of them with an out of form Azeez is downright bloody stupid I’m afraid. It was mentioned a few times today that Marcus Dinanga had a slight thigh strain and if that’s the case then why was he on the bench, you either play him from the start if he’s fit enough for the bench or you don’t list him due to injury and have to bring somebody else in but purely due to injury. Marcus did make an impact when he came on but couldn’t do a great deal.
When 3rd place with one less game was in our hands we put in a gutless performance with hardly a shot on target again. The only 2 players to come out with any credit today is Tom Bonner and definitely the keeper Reice Charles-Cook who was my MOTM, had it not been for his saves the score would’ve been higher.
As somebody else mentioned we performed today like a team with absolutely nothing to play for, as though we didn’t really need the win as we wouldn’t get anywhere with it, well we certainly got what we deserved today and that was fk all.
It just goes to show the difference between those teams that really want it and those that don’t when Ebbsfleet manage to claw it back from 1-0 down to win 1-2 away and for Dorking to come back from 3-0 down away to Dulwich win 3-4.
I honestly don’t hold out much hope for us in these play off’s and it hurts me to say it but we haven’t really been in form for a while now.

I can’t wait to hear Steve’s interview regarding this match, if he even does one.
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Mon May 02, 2022 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Duplicated in error 🤦‍♂️
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Mon May 02, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:31 pm As much as I don’t like to admit it I actually agree with what B&WArmy / Up The Darts or whatever he’s called has posted today.
I’m sorry but only a fool would make so many changes from Saturdays 0-6 winning team to what was put out today and I’m afraid Steve King you are that fool.
To make 6 changes from a team that has won by that score line is absolutely crazy, to put your 2 strikers from Saturday who scored 3 of the 6 goals both on the bench and replace at least one of them with an out of form Azeez is downright bloody stupid I’m afraid. It was mentioned a few times today that Marcus Dinanga had a slight thigh strain and if that’s the case then why was he on the bench, you either play him from the start if he’s fit enough for the bench or you don’t list him due to injury and have to bring somebody else in but purely due to injury. Marcus did make an impact when he came on but couldn’t do a great deal.
When 3rd place with one less game was in our hands we put in a gutless performance with hardly a shot on target again. The only 2 players to come out with any credit today is Tom Bonner and definitely the keeper Reice Charles-Cook who was my MOTM, had it not been for his saves the score would’ve been higher.
As somebody else mentioned we performed today like a team with absolutely nothing to play for, as though we didn’t really need the win as we wouldn’t get anywhere with it, we’ll we certainly got what we deserved today and that was fk all.
It just goes to show the difference between those teams that really want it and those that don’t when Ebbsfleet manage to claw it back from 1-0 down to win 1-2 away and for Dorking to come back from 3-0 down away to Dulwich win 3-4.
I honestly don’t hold out much hope for us in these play off’s and it hurts me to say it but we haven’t really been in form for a while now.

I can’t wait to hear Steve’s interview regarding this match, if he even does one.

Nothing wrong with negative posts from anyone particularly after that dross today but to do it immediately after a goal goes against us and while the game is still going on is not right