Ade Azeez (Sub)
No votes
Ody Alfa (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 22

KSTDART

Re: Billericay v Dartford Fri 15 Apr 2022

Post by KSTDART »

An easy afternoon for Dartford , we could and should have scored more . Billericay were never really a threat and we looked comfortable all afternoon, maybe a little to comfortable as we never really got out of second gear . Another dismal Referring performance tested out patience more than Riccy tested our team . We had yet another stone wall penalty not given when Dinanga was dragged down in the box , in front of both the ref and the linesman.

Here are the goals , they were harder to get today as I was being chased off the hashed lines lol

Jack Jebb scores Dartford’s 1st v Billericay

Dinanga scores Dartford’s 2nd.
Last edited by KSTDART on Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I'll have what Parky's drinking.
Good win today, a nice warm up for Monday. :D
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

ozymandias wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:55 pm I'll have what Parky's drinking.
Me too :D Doubt it was Bud Light though! :lol:
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Spike wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:23 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:06 pm Good win, clean sheet away from home too. Could turn out a big 3 points in helping us secure minimum 3rd for the playoffs.

Unfortunately results around us not going the way we would've liked but can't help that.

Onto the big one on Monday
Who have your lot got on Monday?
Ha...I know my posts come across negative compared to others, but I do let the emotions get the better of me sometimes. I'm trying to improve my conduct on here just hope people can allow me to.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BAWArmy wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:35 pm
Spike wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:23 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:06 pm Good win, clean sheet away from home too. Could turn out a big 3 points in helping us secure minimum 3rd for the playoffs.

Unfortunately results around us not going the way we would've liked but can't help that.

Onto the big one on Monday
Who have your lot got on Monday?
Ha...I know my posts come across negative compared to others, but I do let the emotions get the better of me sometimes. I'm trying to improve my conduct on here just hope people can allow me to.
UPTHEDARTS.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Fairly comfortable after a rather sluggish first half, with little real threat to either goal. Jake provided the missing spark immediately after half time, turning a defender, then receiving a return pass to cross perfectly for Jack to bundle home. He hit the post later and tried a long lob over the keeper who made a couple of good saves. Marcus made it look easy for the second and there could have been more.

Dan had to make a couple of a excellent saves too, although Riccy didn't really look seriously threatening. Kory accomplished and secure again; Keiran breaking up play in the middle and laying off well, while Kalvin had a few exciting bursts with the final pass disappointing. On to the next!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Very good away result, two goals a clean sheet and 3 points. This is the kind of result and the consistency required in the build up to the play offs.

Looking forward to Monday, if we approach the game in the same way we did against Dorking I genuinely think we can win, I hope we go for it from the off and get at them rather than take the cautious approach.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

A very satisfying win today especially after that lengthy Bill n Ricky shithousery before half-time which provoked some rightly targeted abuse! Just deserts immediately after the break and DFC never looked back. Great team effort too as the varied MOTM nominations prove. Jebb nicks it from Wilks for me. Just. But let’s not forget two more outstanding saves from Wilksy. They’re as important as goals up the other end. Keep the momentum going for Monday folks. Team and fans!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Overheard a couple of ‘Riccay fans prematurely speculating that they “should stay up on goal difference as Welling are losing”.
Doesn’t look so good for them now.
The set-up there is too good for step 3, but that’s what happens when the money man comes and goes…

As for the game, an ‘F5’ level of refreshment after half time. Kalala had the best chance about 20 mins in but could only send a daisy-cutter to the 'keeper’s feet.
Second half was far more inventive with some neat tricks and passing. Murtagh linked up well and showed some fancy footwork while Robbo was desperately unlucky to hit the post full in the face. I’ll bet he’s tucked a fair few away from that exact same spot. We also hit the bar and generally pressed well, but praise is due to Wilks who was called on a few times and made a couple of excellent saves.

Cast my vote to captain T-Bon. Thought he assisted our offence more yesterday but won every header and distributed well with a few decent channel balls.

We could give Dorking a massive shot in the arm by winning on Monday..
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

A really good performance all over the oitch.I can't think of anyone who had a bad game.Despite the couple of good saves from Dan 2-0 flattered Ricay who tried hard but were outclassed at times.Nearly gave mom to jake who was excellent but decided on Jordan Wynter an unsung hero who looked like he had never been away.
Must give a word for the food at this excellent ground...makes ours seem like roadkill.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

So you admit it B&W. Your posts come across negative. Your initial post get's people's backs up and the rest you spend being defensive. A bit like Hungerford FC. :shock:
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

ozymandias wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:42 am So you admit it B&W. Your posts come across negative. Your initial post get's people's backs up and the rest you spend being defensive. A bit like Hungerford FC. :shock:
UpTheDarts 🤪
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

KingKong wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:34 am A really good performance all over the oitch.I can't think of anyone who had a bad game.Despite the couple of good saves from Dan 2-0 flattered Ricay who tried hard but were outclassed at times.Nearly gave mom to jake who was excellent but decided on Jordan Wynter an unsung hero who looked like he had never been away.
Must give a word for the food at this excellent ground...makes ours seem like roadkill.
Wouldn’t necessarily agree with the “roadkill” jibe but the food at Ricay yesterday was excellent. Staff cheerful and service efficient. Excellent bar too and facilities all round good.

Didn’t go there just for a burger and a beer or two though. Comfortable win for us and we’ll-worth our three points.

I’ve given my MoM vote to Kieran Murtagh. Cannot believe certain fans slate him for being slow. The mans got bags of experience and can play. Just the sort of player we need at this stage of the season.

Oh, and finally, WE WILL BEAT MAIDSTONE on Monday. COYD.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Tony H wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:18 pm
KingKong wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:34 am A really good performance all over the oitch.I can't think of anyone who had a bad game.Despite the couple of good saves from Dan 2-0 flattered Ricay who tried hard but were outclassed at times.Nearly gave mom to jake who was excellent but decided on Jordan Wynter an unsung hero who looked like he had never been away.
Wouldn’t necessarily agree with the “roadkill” jibe but the food at Ricay yesterday was excellent. Staff cheerful and service efficient. Excellent bar too and facilities all round good.

Didn’t go there just for a burger and a beer or two though. Comfortable win for us and we’ll-worth our three points.

I’ve given my MoM vote to Kieran Murtagh. Cannot believe certain fans slate him for being slow. The mans got bags of experience and can play. Just the sort of player we need at this stage of the season.

Oh, and finally, WE WILL BEAT MAIDSTONE on Monday. COYD.
totally agree about kieran-absolute class.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

rick wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:07 pm
ozymandias wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:55 pm I'll have what Parky's drinking.
Me too :D Doubt it was Bud Light though! :lol:
OK gents i'll admit it i did make a right pigs ear of yesterdays posts :lol: :lol: Thanks for sorting that out Rick.
But i only had a couple pints of the very refreshing Bud Light so i can't blame that, i had trouble trying to see my phone screen in the blazing sun and once i'd posted the first post wrong the rest followed :lol: :lol:

As for the game, first half was even and a bit quiet but not sure what Steve said to the players at HT as we came out a completely different side with tempo and purpose to our play and ran out deserved winners. MOTM between Jack and Kieran for me with Kieran just edging it.

Ref had a poor game imo and missed a lot but thankfully it didn't affect the result.

I hope Billericay stay up as i enjoy going there, they are now back to being a decent club with a great stadium and gave us a warm welcome yesterday.

Few familiar faces in attendance catching a game, Adam Flanagan, Peter Taylor and the manager of our next opponents.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

GordonRoadDart

Post by GordonRoadDart »

Greg Halford (came on as a sub for Riccay) is an ex-Premiership player and was capped for England at under-20 level:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Halford
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

A few people I've spoken to are not too keen on Kalvin, but I think he frightens defenders when he is running at them. I'd like to see him start tomorrow. He's a bit like Luque of Maidstone. Should be an interesting game tomorrow and our 4-0 drubbing should be forgotten come kick-off by players and supporters alike. It will be close.