Jordan Greenidge (Sub)
No votes
Jake Robinson (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 32

KingKong

Re: Dartford v Havant & Waterlooville Sat 19 Mar 2022

Post by KingKong »

Awful game ruined by the wind-nothing worse. Draw was fair.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Changing the subject, maybe, but I couldn't help thinking we didn't take enough account of the strong wind today - too much of the high ball and not enough of ball to feet.
Although maybe the way H&W played didn't allow us to? I can certainly see why they're top of the form table - often 10 men back in the box when defending and quick into the tackle and going forward. Perhaps they've been following the Hungerford handbook: multiple candidates for best foul/injury acting awards and time-wasting and complaining to the referee (yes, it's you Alex Wall I'm talking to there)
Ade's missed pen? People near me down the side were claiming vehemently that the keeper moved before the kick was taken. Anybody else inclined to agree?
For all our huffing and puffing, no one really stood out for me, so I don't think I shall be casting a MOTM vote this week.
And finally, can we PLEASE all stop all this sniping with BAWArmy? It's getting (has got) beyond boring. If nobody rises to his bait, maybe he'll get fed up and drift away.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

PP was a bit subdued first half and we needed a faster tempo to our play which would have got the crowd going but unfortunately it just didn't happen.
Although we improved in the second half we never really created much but still unbeaten at home.
I've said all along a play off spot with a chance of automatic promotion is a realistic target for us and we are sitting very comfortably and looking good to achieve that. We're still right in the mix and i'm sure the lads will keep chasing every point, to finish top would be great but second spot could also prove very important.

IMO only two contenders for MOTM, Jebb class as always and the most likely player to create something but i gave it to Kory Roberts. He had a very good game and if he continues to play that well at RB it will be a welcome boost as that's one of several positions we've been so unlucky with injuries.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:12 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:11 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:58 pm More dropped points, can't be missing penalties at any stage of the season but to do so now is criminal.
Up The Darts
Tell me what part of my comment was wrong/trolling? Unless you're deluded and still think we can win the league. Will be lucky to finish where we are.
ALL of your shit is! Do us all a big favour and bugger off!
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Spike wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:42 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:12 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:11 pm

Up The Darts
Tell me what part of my comment was wrong/trolling? Unless you're deluded and still think we can win the league. Will be lucky to finish where we are.
For me, it's when you use the word "we".

ps. Up the Darts
Up the Darts and MOTM for me Dan WILKS that save that kept us in the game!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Silverado wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:41 pm Changing the subject, maybe, but I couldn't help thinking we didn't take enough account of the strong wind today - too much of the high ball and not enough of ball to feet.
Although maybe the way H&W played didn't allow us to? I can certainly see why they're top of the form table - often 10 men back in the box when defending and quick into the tackle and going forward. Perhaps they've been following the Hungerford handbook: multiple candidates for best foul/injury acting awards and time-wasting and complaining to the referee (yes, it's you Alex Wall I'm talking to there)
Ade's missed pen? People near me down the side were claiming vehemently that the keeper moved before the kick was taken. Anybody else inclined to agree?
For all our huffing and puffing, no one really stood out for me, so I don't think I shall be casting a MOTM vote this week.
And finally, can we PLEASE all stop all this sniping with BAWArmy? It's getting (has got) beyond boring. If nobody rises to his bait, maybe he'll get fed up and drift away.
I was watching the keeper the penalty should have been retaken neither foot was on the line,

Up the Darts.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Disappointing to drop two points today. I feel that Havant had the best chance of the second half, forcing a very good save from Dan. We did not trouble their keeper at all. I believe that the penalty was the only save he had to make.

I feel that we tried to use the wind too much in the second half, rather than direct passing to feet.

Quite how Steve received a yellow card and the Havant number 10 did not, astounds me. Their player had about five final warnings from the ref, who clearly considered kicking the ball away far more serious a crime than constant late tackles. Wall can possibly also consider himself lucky to see the ninetieth minute of the match.

Kory MoM for me. Great goal and great determination to win the ball back whenever he lost it.

There is still much to play for. Roll on next Saturday.

Come on you DARTS!
rambo

Post by rambo »

Probably one of the worst games I have seen at PP. the wind made it very difficult to play football. I was baffled that the players could not adjust their gzme to beat the conditions. We would pass the ball a couple of times in midfield then have nowhere to go and then pass the ball to one of the centre half’s , immediately they would hoof the ball forward either to the goalkeeper or a defenders head, very poor indeed
Kory roberts however knew exactly what needed to be done , keep the ball on the ground, he had an excellent game
We were unfortunate with the injury to George so used a sub early
I felt that had it not been for that injury we probably would have seen kalvin. I think it’s possible he may have won the game fir us but sadly we will never know
We soldier on, there will be further twists as the season moves on
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Well that was certainly not a classic, both sides constantly gave the ball away and never got to grips with the conditions

Here is Korys goal
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Nothing to add to the [ constructive] comments on the game and a draw about right , I think Kingy said he has till next thursday to bring a couple of players in , would love to see a " commanding type " midfielder come in

Kory Roberts MOTM for me for his overall contribution NOT just his goal !!!!!
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

What is going to stop us winning this league are the injuries the team has picked up Josh Hill, Jermaine Meade, Luke Allen and yesterday George Porter. Marcus Dinanga seemed to be playing on an injury. Lets hope Jack Jebb stays fit since Noor Husin went he has been our best player.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Whilst disappointing not to bag all 3 points, Id have settled for a draw before the game was played given that H&W are on such a good run of form. Another hard-fought point for me.

Nine to play with Allen, Meade, Wynter, Murtagh, Leonard to come back in and do we need those players. We’re armed to lack a bit of cohesion yesterday. The wind didn’t help but we looked at times like a team playing together for the first time.

Yes, WE CAN STILL WIN the title but we need a consistent run of form in the run in now and can’t afford to drop too many more points.

Kory Roberts excellent again yesterday, Jebby our stand-out midfielder and Wilksy solid again. My vote goes to Kory.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Oh, and let’s stay POSITIVE! We CAN do this!!

See you at Hampton next week. I won’t be driving so feel free to say hello and buy me a 🍺.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

tommytollbooth wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:11 am What is going to stop us winning this league are the injuries the team has picked up Josh Hill, Jermaine Meade, Luke Allen and yesterday George Porter. Marcus Dinanga seemed to be playing on an injury. Lets hope Jack Jebb stays fit since Noor Husin went he has been our best player.
Good point. During our commanding start to the season, we were quite lucky with injuries, but one by one the knocks have come and the personnel has turned over time and again.
Given that Dan Wilkes has remained a constant in goal and that we have used something like 42 players this season, Steve King has effectively fielded four different teams - a wholesale change every eight games. No wonder a significant percentage of discourse on the terraces concerns “who the new number 17 is”.
It’s a real shame Maidstone won again yesterday. Our game against them at PP next month should be our biggest since the play-off final.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

DA Mikey wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:03 am Given that Dan Wilks has remained a constant in goal and that we have used something like 42 players this season, Steve King has effectively fielded four different teams - a wholesale change every eight games.
I make it 41 players - unless I have missed one? :D
Alfa
Allen
Azeez
Bonner
Campbell
Clarke
Dalling
Dinanga
Essam
Graham
Greenidge
Herschell - London Senior Cup 1st round
Hill
Husin
Hyde
Ijaha
Jebb
Kalala
Kedman
King (GK)
Krabbendam
Leonard
Manjaray - London Senior Cup 1st round
McKenzie - London Senior Cup 1st round
Meade
Murtagh
Odaudu - London Senior Cup 1st round
Porter
D Roberts
K Roberts
Robinson
Sonupe
Sweeney
Theobalds
Tiensia
Vint
Wanadio
Wilks (GK)
Wollard-Innocent
Wray (GK) - London Senior Cup 2nd round
Wynter
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

rick wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:19 am
DA Mikey wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:03 am Given that Dan Wilks has remained a constant in goal and that we have used something like 42 players this season, Steve King has effectively fielded four different teams - a wholesale change every eight games.
I make it 41 players - unless I have missed one? :D
Alfa
Allen
Azeez
Bonner
Campbell
Clarke
Dalling
Dinanga
Essam
Graham
Greenidge
Herschell - London Senior Cup 1st round
Hill
Husin
Hyde
Ijaha
Jebb
Kalala
Kedman
King (GK)
Krabbendam
Leonard
Manjaray - London Senior Cup 1st round
McKenzie - London Senior Cup 1st round
Meade
Murtagh
Odaudu - London Senior Cup 1st round
Porter
D Roberts
K Roberts
Robinson
Sonupe
Sweeney
Theobalds
Tiensia
Vint
Wanadio
Wilks (GK)
Wollard-Innocent
Wray (GK) - London Senior Cup 2nd round
Wynter
Surely 41 is “something like” 42? (Perhaps not to Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy fans…)

I bow to your superior knowledge - no way am I questioning the Encyclopaedia Dartfordium :lol:
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

All hail El Stato!!
(Shame player stats aren’t updated on the Clubs website 😉)
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Tony H wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:40 am (Shame player stats aren’t updated on the Clubs website 😉)
They are all in a table on my website and have been for years - I know I am out with bookings, but hope to get that corrected soon. If the official Twitter feed mentioned bookings, it would be great - but they don't even mention subs like yesterday. Had Park Life not mentioned on here that Robinson came on as a sub, I would not have included him in the MOM poll.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

The wind ruined the game, a game of little incident that both attacks failed to master. Thought that Clifford and Wall moaned their way through the first half to the extent that they probably ruined Havant's game. Ade's miss dropped us another couple of points and Dan's vital save in the second half saved us losing all three.
Wall going down in the second half from a supposed push by Jack was like watching a baby elephant, absolutely laughable, I think even the referee smiled at that one.
I thought Kory and Tyrique had the better performances for us yesterday, with Kory nicking it for me for MOTM.
Need to be smart next week, I'll be watching from my riverboat. :D
Oh, by the way.
UP THE DARTS. Hasn't that idiot gone yet?