News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

BRASSNECK

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by BRASSNECK »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:12 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:10 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:56 pm Dorking 1-0 Maidstone FT

10 points ahead of us, can't help but think it's all but over for us to challenge.
look in a positive way beat them next week win the game in hand only 4 points gap,but you only look for the negative in everything.
You need to take a look around as I've been positive on here recently.

Yes we can get to a 4 point gap, however then due to our inferior GD we would need them to lose at least 2 more games and that would be assuming we win every one of our remaining ones. It's going to be extremely difficult
I thought you had been hacked so didn’t think it was you. :lol:
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Just finished watching Marc Whites post match interview and the good news for the Darts is that Matt Briggs one of his outstanding palyers picked up an ACL injury and is very very unlikely to be fit for next weeks game added to the injury of Jason prior

Whilst on a sympathy level I do NOT want to see players get injured it is however good news for the Darts as both are outstanding players and a big loss for Dorking
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

I am a well-wisher insofar as I don’t wish any players significant harm, but should trivialities befall the entire Dorking squad, I wouldn’t be inconsolable.

A perfectly cromulent stance, I’m sure like-minders will appreciate :D
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Always liked Marc white, if we don’t win it I will be pleased if it’s him and Dorking, he puts his money where his mouth is and at least is a real character, which the game needs
Ring of fire

Post by Ring of fire »

In view of D.A.M's cromulent stance on Dorking's player situation, I wonder if this would embiggen us, next Saturday?
Harry

Post by Harry »

Agree with Lenny, what Marc White has done at Dorking has to be fully respected, in taking a team from park Football to the National league is an incredible achievement.

Of course as a DFC fan I want us to win and am really looking forward to the game on Saturday, there should be a good crowd in attendance and I am hoping that DFC take the game to them from the off.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Marc White went up in my estimation when earlier this season he was faced with a high number of injuries [ incl his prolific striker , Jason Prior] he stated that he had faith in his squad and that he would NOT be getting in [ panic] loans as cover , this undoubtedly has increased team bonding and the " us against the world " attitude has proved to be very successful .

IF we dont win the NLS then I want them to win it , easily ahead of Maidstone or Ebbsfleet , I have discounted Havant as Doswells bubble seems to have burst !!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I think Duke that Ebbsfleet can be easily regarded as an ordinary also-ran side considering what is going on there and for all their shouting. Maidstone look strong even though they lost to Dorking yesterday. Oxford City looked okay to me, again, considering they lost Oldfield to Weymouth there has been a blip but not a big one.
I think that if Dorking get up into the National they could a force to contend with.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Whilst I reluctantly agree to a certain extent re the Dorking comments, they should have had their keeper red carded in the 20th something minute (with no gk on the bench) and we managed to score their winning goal for them in the 89th minute when we played at their place!!
So fcuk them basically!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Rumours that changes going on at Bus Stop FC (won't name names until confirmed) but if correct seems madness to me.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Nothing official but on their forum there is a post saying Taylor has gone / sacked 😳😳😳
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Quite a few sources have reported that Peter Taylor was sacked after yesterdays match with Bath City but no official announcement has come from Welling so far. We can all relate to following a club who provide their supporters with very little news :roll:
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

IF thats true then Wellings Chairman has proved he really what they say he is , there is obviously something desperately wrong at that Club and I actually feel very sorry for their loyal band of fans
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

I see that SkySports are showing a Dover as being relegated, only themselves to blame!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Parmenter is to blame!! Again feel sympathy for the genuine fans!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Warren Feeney takes over at Bus Stop FC, Now that was a quick appointment.................

https://www.wellingunited.com/club-stat ... s-manager/
Harry

Post by Harry »

Bizzare, third manager of the season for the Welling, genuinely hope they stay up. Thought Taylor would be given more time.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Perhaps they already had him lined up and were just waiting for the opportunity to sack Taylor. What a way to run a railway (or 96 bus). :?
Buzz stop

Post by Buzz stop »

It really is a shit show at PVR at the moment. Place is falling apart. Goldberg shows no interest in it. This Warren Feeney must be hard up and desperate for a job that’s all I can think.