Ade Azeez (Sub)
No votes
Kory Roberts (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 40

ozymandias

Re: Dartford v Dorking Sat 5 Mar 2022

Post by ozymandias »

I was just about to say that the problem at Maidstone is similar to ours and it does mainly stem from the youth of today. Not tarring the youth Spike with the same brush but if they are the future :shock:
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

On the whole our young supporters are very well behaved. It's no good just banning them, they need to be educated and maybe a visit to the control room to chat with our excellent safety officer is all it requires. I would also recommend Jeremy or Dave Skinner brief them before the game, just drill in what is and isn't acceptable behaviour on the terraces.

As for the stewards, just replace them, especially that one with the beard, who resembles something out of the Munsters, I have seen a Sloth move faster. I have also seen one steward, a lady, who looks close to 80 and is about 2 foot 6, you just can't make this stuff up. Where do we get them all from?
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Jonty wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:50 pm On the whole our young supporters are very well behaved. It's no good just banning them, they need to be educated and maybe a visit to the control room to chat with our excellent safety officer is all it requires. I would also recommend Jeremy or Dave Skinner brief them before the game, just drill in what is and isn't acceptable behaviour on the terraces.

As for the stewards, just replace them, especially that one with the beard, who resembles something out of the Munsters, I have seen a Sloth move faster. I have also seen one steward, a lady, who looks close to 80 and is about 2 foot 6, you just can't make this stuff up. Where do we get them all from?
I was amused in one respect by the incident. As the pitch invader was apprehended down by the corner flag, I was watching from other end. The stewards, running down the byline, five yards apart, reminded me instantly of the Keystone Cops (of the black & white silent movies era). I know in the circs I shouldn't have, but I couldn't help but laugh.
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

Jonty wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:50 pm On the whole our young supporters are very well behaved. It's no good just banning them, they need to be educated and maybe a visit to the control room to chat with our excellent safety officer is all it requires. I would also recommend Jeremy or Dave Skinner brief them before the game, just drill in what is and isn't acceptable behaviour on the terraces.

I’d rather have a banning order than a briefing from Jeremy