Azeez for Dinanga.
Park Life

Re: Dartford v Dorking Sat 5 Mar 2022

Post by Park Life »

FT 3-2
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Massive win, keeping our ultra impressive home record going. We have to put a massive winning run together now starting again next week at Chippenham.

Very happy with this win.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Great win, thought we was going to throw it away at points. Luke going off completely killed us, Murtagh just isn't up to it anymore unfortunately.

MOTM Porter.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Excellent result and a very good game. Dorking were very good and I can see why they are in top spot.

Thought today's tactics were spot on, thought it was an odd line up until the game started, full credit for that set up as we won the ball high up the pitch often.

Very surprised that Dorking kept trying to play out the from the back at every opportunity. Some excellent performances from DFC players today so very difficult.

Sweeney played well in his first game, the front four of Diagana, Porter, Kalala and Alfa were a constant threat.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Why can't we play like that a little more often?
We played some great stuff today and thoroughly deserved our victory
We were excellent in the 1st half with 2 well worked goals.In the 2nd half Dorking came back but we got home and the 3 points were very welcome.
Mom imo has to be Porter for 2 clinical finishes.
I was quite surprised at our visitors low turnout of support, I expected them to bring at least 500 fans.
Well played Kingy and the lads.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Great result! Some of the best football I've seen from us this season. Three very well taken goals and a thoroughly deserved win (although the old ticker was pounding in the last 10-15 minutes!). The title race is still on - shame that Maidstone and Oxford both won.
I was impressed with the new loanee, Jayden Sweeney. He hardly put a foot wrong (apart from letting in a dangerous attack when he slipped in the mud once!).
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

What a cracking game which we thoroughly deserved to win and should won by more than one goal.
Must admit when i saw the teamsheet i was surprised but after that performance what do i know :lol: :lol:
Every single player played well and we needed that as Dorking are a very good side, it was a real team performance.
We've always been decent defensively but looked really dangerous going forward and could easily have had a couple more but really pleased with the result and performance.

In Steve's post match interview ne mentioned both teams should have had a penalty, I didn't get a clear view of theirs as it was right up the other end but i did think the decisive contact on Kalvin was in the box and Jayden was fouled in the lead up to their goal. But fortunately it didn't matter like it did when we had some terrible decisions against us at their place.

Luke Allen was (and has been) playing really well but picked up what looked like a muscle injury, he really has had been so unlucky with injuries so hope it's not too serious.

MOTM. So many good performances but with his best performance by a country mile in a Dartford shirt - George Porter.

The fat lady ain't signing yet :D :D
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I’m away at minute but great result between two great teams, great attendance and great to see Reg get the sponsorship together , clubs need true fans like him. It’s not over till the fat lady sings!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

It was all down to the pitch :lol: :lol:

rambo

Post by rambo »

A well deserved win. As soon as I saw the starting 11 I thought win
The bench wow - best we’ve ever had
Very impressive performance- well done all
George porter pick of the bunch
Someone said murtough not up to it- we all have opinions but I disagree . He is a great player - he traps the ball in one movement and passes it before others have blinked.
He is pressed sometimes and loses the ball but no more than others. I like watching him
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

What a game, what a performance! Very well worth the win - more than one person I spoke to after the game said Dorking we’re flattered by the score line. They’re a good team, and probably the best we’ve played this season in the League, but to win like that was superb.

To a man every player put in a shift. Impressed with Jayden Sweeney at left back but George Porter gets my MOM vote.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

With all that’s going on in Ukraine, it was difficult to ‘enjoy’ a day out. However, that was a welcome relief and a superb game of football by two sides going places! Dorking are the best side I’ve seen, twice now, and play some slick football that would suit the next division. Pure football without resorting to shithousery. Though it was bloody lovely to shove it up Lincoln’s hole after his goal celebration. I don’t think we’ll catch Dorking, but in a way, I’m glad Maidstone won because ALL the results went against Dorking yesterday and THAT might just put the jitters up them. Then we can sort Maidstone out! MOTM from me, like most others,was GP. The best I’ve seen him play. Worth mentioning in dispatches? Wilksy. Another superb performance with two cracking point blank saves. (I don’t think he could be blamed for that last few minutes of increased heart-rate and high blood pressure.) Also, a rare word for the ref. A top performance. Though I did think they had a good shout for a pen and I didn’t think our claim was one. Looked outside to me.)

What a great day. But let’s not forget. It was only a football match. 🇺🇦
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

That was a superb result v Dorking, and it needed to be, in order to keep in touch at the top. Had Dorking won, it would have put them definitely in the driving seat and the Darts 13 points behind. So it was defined a 6 pointer yesterday. If we can beat Maidstone too in our games in hand, then that would leave the top 4 teams all on 29 games, us ib 3rd place and only 4 points behind Dirking, with still almost a third of the games still to play.

My lad told me this week that one of the bookies had already paid out on Man City winning the Premier League a month ago, when they were about 11 points clear of Liverpool and Chelsea. Looks like it might be an expensive error, with Liverpool right back in the mix, just 3 points behind now! I'm sure that will also give SK a lot of motivation to drive the lads on, given that he has a leaning towards the Reds.

The game just shows what levels the team can achieve, just need the consistency to push on and finish the season as we started it.

The result has certainly brightened my weekend.

COYD
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Great result, George Porter was buzzing. Dartford kept us sweating when they switched off at a corner and allowed Dorking back into the game with a 2nd goal. I will admit Dorking do look a decent side and Marc White's interview was a fair appraisal of the game.