Total votes: 32

rick
Site Admin

Re: Dartford v Bath City Sat 19 Feb 2022

Post by rick »

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:13 pm Gritty win. I’m no tactician but I still can’t fathom out why Danny Leonard is warming the bench whilst Murtagh still starts every week despite continual criticism of the latter. I know, different positions and all that, but there’s still something wrong with our attacking midfield and an ability to get crosses into the box.

Already on this thread there is a split opinion on Kieran Murtagh ? It’s reminiscent of the Ryan Hayes debacle of yesteryear when he was constantly slated by certain individuals week in and week out ,and yet to many he was the fans favourite ? Us Fans will always see things differently and personally I thought KM had a good game today ? But as I say different opinions make for good debate .
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Park Life summed up the game perfectly and I concur with his choice for MotM - Luke Allen. Poor second half and I was settling for the 1-0 win so a late penalty was a bonus for our second goal.

Dorking and Maidstone have yet to come to PP but the Maidstone fixture is a long way off yet and things could change at the top between now and then. Can’t see either of them dropping too many points now and, stating the absolute obvious, we need to keep the wheel turning starting on Tuesday night. Another tough one!

These referees get worse by the week. The penalty award was about all he got right today and the Lino on the stand side needs to understand what my is and isn’t foul play!!
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

After last week, we needed a win to get the Needham game out of our system, so job done. As I wasn't there, no specigic comments but a win is a win, and hopefully confidence is raised for tuesday.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Very strong all round performance.The defence in particular were outstanding.If I had to pick one as mom it would be Jordan Wynter who has been excellent for a while now.The new full back had his hands full with the loaner from Bristol Rovers but did a great job.Tom and Connor excellent as usual and Cody Cooke hardly had a kick.I would have liked Danny and Marcus on a bit earlier as their threat is immense but that’s being picky!
Aprouddart

Post by Aprouddart »

Not a great performance and at 1-0 going into injury time it was always a bit nervy but in truth
Bath created very little although they had a lot of possession. So job well done.

Stonewall penalty in the 2nd minute when Jake tripped from behind but ref not brave enough to give
one so early.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Aprouddart wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:23 pm Stonewall penalty in the 2nd minute when Jake tripped from behind but ref not brave enough to give
one so early.
I thought so as well and so did loads behind the goal so be interesting to see the highlights.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Ryan Hayes debacle of yesteryear :lol: :lol: :lol:
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

DA Mikey wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:47 pm Ryan Hayes debacle of yesteryear :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ryan Hayes Marmite Man of yesteryear :lol: :lol: :lol:
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's Post Match Interview:-

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Need proper subtitles with all that wind noise - Youtube subtitles miss bits out!! :D
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Good result not a great display but difficult conditions, didn’t think we looked in any danger but nice to get the second goal all be it the last kick of the game,

On a good run in the league now Maidstone and Dorking one or both will drop points next week and both got to come to PP so we are still in with chance of winning the league

I think Kieren had a good game with some very good telling passes not fastest but uses his brain so don’t always have to be the fastest

Hopefully another 3 points on Tuesday
Spike

Post by Spike »

That was a well earned victory, due in no small part to an excellent day's work by our defence. Tom Bonner is such an influential captain, we look so much better when he's conducting things at the back. Has to be my MOTM for this one. Okay, so it wasn't a great game to watch, but it was a thoroughly professional performance and we deserved the 3 points. Fabulous run from Danny Leonard as he cruised past their defence to win the penalty at the end. A blatant foul, just as he was through on goal. Answers on a postcard as to why the man who brought him down didn't get a red card.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I do sometimes wonder what the ‘Yoof’ of today make of the term;
“Answers on a postcard please”??
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Match highlights:-

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Thanks for the highlights Steve. Love Marcus's direct approach to the goal and Danny Leonard, what was he doing in Kent League? The boy's a wizard and I'm sure he will be going places. :D
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

What a run by Danny Leonard picks the ball up 80 yards from goal and then wins the penalty, brilliant !!!!!!!!!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

From the highlights that challenge on Jake within the first 2 mins actually looked like an excellent tackle & Jake just seemed to shoot a bit late.
At the time during the game it looked a clear cut penalty that the ref bottled.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:36 pm From the highlights that challenge on Jake within the first 2 mins actually looked like an excellent tackle & Jake just seemed to shoot a bit late.
At the time during the game it looked a clear cut penalty that the ref bottled.
Looked a good tackle from where I stood,behind the goal it may had looked like a penalty.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Ref. The alleged foul on Jake early in the game. Having watched the incident back reminded me of the particularly event in the game and I said it at the time - good tackle!! Jake dwelled a little on the ball before attempting to get his shot away.