Player news

Moderator: Gary C

The 5th Searcher

Re: Player news

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I think it’s more a case of having cover for the left back position & having competition to keep players on their toes.
If anything were to happen to Kedman then we have no left back so Kingy has brought in cover. Plus he’s got higher level experience, I think it’s a good thing.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

And yet Kai goes straight in today. ;)
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

ozymandias wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:10 pm And yet Kai goes straight in today. ;)
And did great
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Well, I'm glad to hear it. I'm not against it :D
Undercover

Post by Undercover »

Good Morning,

Southend United fan here in peace.

We have received some rumours that we are close to signing midfielder Noor Husin, I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to give me some details of his game ie the way he plays, his strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks in advance
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

He hasn’t got any strengths, only weaknesses!!
You can’t have him!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Southend have been on the slide for at least the last couple of years and at present are only 5th from bottom of the NLS , I reckon Noor wants to get a Club that is on the up NOT one that could be swapping places with us next season !!!!!!!!!!!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I see on Kent on line that Kingy is after a new striker and probably a couple will have to go out on loan to balance the books ,I like Danny Roberts but he is low on confidence and would benefit from scoring some goals and then returning " guns blazing " !!!!
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Undercover wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:08 am Good Morning,

We have received some rumours that we are close to signing midfielder Noor Husin, I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to give me some details of his game ie the way he plays, his strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks in advance
He is a good player despite losing the sight of his left eye in an historical reenactment.He has a tendency to burst into tears during matches and occasionally sneaks a harmonica onto the pitch whcih he likes to play at set pieces.

i would not bother if i were you.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

KingKong wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:46 am
Undercover wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:08 am Good Morning,

Thanks in advance
He is a good player despite losing the sight of his left eye in an historical reenactment.He has a tendency to burst into tears during matches and occasionally sneaks a harmonica onto the pitch whcih he likes to play at set pieces.

i would not bother if i were you.
That made me laugh out loud - just pictured Noor doing so!
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

The Duke wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:54 am Southend have been on the slide for at least the last couple of years and at present are only 5th from bottom of the NLS , I reckon Noor wants to get a Club that is on the up NOT one that could be swapping places with us next season !!!!!!!!!!!!
Quite agree Duke. Southend have struggled for a few years now financially off the pitch, and also on the pitch, as their relegations saw them slip into the NL, where, like many former EFL teams, they are struggling to acclimatise to non league football. I doubt they can afford a fair transfer fee for him either, and surely the Darts deserve a transfer fee for him. Far far better for Noor to stay with the Darts and enjoy his football with the possibility of playing at the same level next year.

COYDS
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

The southend forum which is full of noor videos say his signing will be announced tomorrow 😔
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

No chance at promotion if we lose Noor.
Undercover

Post by Undercover »

PeteSamson wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:33 pm
The Duke wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:54 am Southend have been on the slide for at least the last couple of years and at present are only 5th from bottom of the NLS , I reckon Noor wants to get a Club that is on the up NOT one that could be swapping places with us next season !!!!!!!!!!!!
Quite agree Duke. Southend have struggled for a few years now financially off the pitch, and also on the pitch, as their relegations saw them slip into the NL, where, like many former EFL teams, they are struggling to acclimatise to non league football. I doubt they can afford a fair transfer fee for him either, and surely the Darts deserve a transfer fee for him. Far far better for Noor to stay with the Darts and enjoy his football with the possibility of playing at the same level next year.

COYDS
Before 2 weeks ago I would agree with that, however we look as though we have started to turn a corner with regards to the club infrastructure, we have just signed Harry Cardwell for an undisclosed fee.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

BAW I disagree, we haven’t become a one player team suddenly have we? x
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

M1 South wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:08 pm BAW I disagree, we haven’t become a one player team suddenly have we? x
Not saying that, but a player like Noor will be extremely hard to replace especially halfway through the season. He's one of the best midfelders at this level.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

For purely selfish reasons I hope that the rumours about Noor moving to Southend are unfounded but if they are true I would hope (and expect) that he has a contract with Dartford and should he leave a (decent) transfer fee will be paid which can be used to strengthen our squad. He is good enough to play at a higher level (albeit only one division in this case) and I wouldn't begrudge him the chance to be a full time player again.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Maybe Noor needs a new agent, the guy is absolute class and without any doubt has the quality to play in the Football league, personally having watched games at Gillingham and Charlton recently he could play for a ball playing league one team comfortably.

I think he, and his agent, should be aiming for a Championship level team and his agent (if he has one) needs to get him a better deal than National league level.

In my opinion he is one of the best players we have had at the club since we have reformed in terms of ability.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Undercover wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:08 pm
PeteSamson wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:33 pm

COYDS
Before 2 weeks ago I would agree with that, however we look as though we have started to turn a corner with regards to the club infrastructure, we have just signed Harry Cardwell for an undisclosed fee.
Undercover, I also follow Tranmere Rovers as I moved away from Dartford. They spent 3 years trying to get back from relegation from EFL to the National League between 2015 to 2018 and didn't have the financial problems that Southend have had. They also had a reasonable structure in place too which has improved further since. But it's been a hard journey back to our current 2nd place in Division 2.

Since then, the National League has become even stronger, so it ain't going yo be easy for Southend. Just ask Chesterfield, Notts County, Wrexham and Torquay for starters!!
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

That's why by choice we would like to keep Noor for our own push into the National League, if that is where is does go with Southend.