Sleightly Deceptive

Re: FA Trophy 4th round Dartford v Weymouth Sat 15 Jan 2022

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Missing today. Family event. But sneakily ‘watching’ in here. COYD! 🎯
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

HT 1-0.

Very good first half, playing some good football.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub - Wynter for Husin.
Noor slight knock
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I have been told attendance 725.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Surprisingly low attendance for a home game but I guess as it’s the FA Trophy and it’s all pay some fans have decided to stay away.
I’ve unfortunately had to miss it as it’s my daughters 13th birthday today so will catch up with Dad to see how it went.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub - Vint for Kalala.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub - Porter for Robinson.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Great result Darts well done lads, look forward to the draw on Monday to see who we get in the next round.

Look forward to the fans comments & the match highlights.

Good Darts
MickW

Post by MickW »

Well done lads - great result COYDs
MickW

Post by MickW »

Well done lads - great result COYDs
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

This is a great morale booster. I saw improvement last week and am happy that the lads have carried it on today. :D
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

So the next round is the 12 February and we should be playing Hungerford on this day away.
So looks like that will be off!
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Much better first half from Dartford. Much more like early season form. Great goal and a second ruled out for offside. The ref let a lot go where there was an advantage and a few where there was not, so game flowed well.

The second half saw a different Weymouth and a different approach from the ref. Weymouth dominated possession and bombarded our box with crosses. When the defence was finally breached, our number one stood firm. Three or four great saves from him today.

We still had chances, although few and far between and looked to have secured the victory with a great second goal, only for Ade to be flagged offside. Not sure about that decision. We had another attack broken down by the worst challenge of the match, a two-footed lunge, only for the ref to play on. Kingy let the ref know what he thought of that decision and received a card for his troubles. The ref lost the plot late in the match and booked a number of Dartford players, but only one from Weymouth.

It felt like the Alamo at times and Weymouth were clearly not happy to have lost to us. However, we are in the hat with fifteen others, including Tonbridge and Needham Market (either at home please) or York City or Notts County away.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

The Darts definitely shaded the first half and well deserved the half-time lead, but the second half was like a re-run of the Alamo. I can't believe how well our defence soaked up the pressure, with some brilliant work from Dan in goal. We had own our chances, though. Among others, Ade I think it was fluffed one, while their goalie pulled off a worldie save.

I just can't believe how complicated we make things in and around the box. If only we weren't so shot-shy.

I 'll try not to say too much about the ref, who seemed to go yellow-card crazy and penalty-averse (against us, of course) mid-way through the match.

Onwards and upwards! Only three (?) matches to Wembley! Very much looking forward to the draw on Monday - Tonbridge at home?
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

For the first st half an hour the Dartford from the beginning of the season turned up. Jebb put us ahead with a great strike from 20 yards out and every player had seemed to find that extra yard of pace which has been missing. The last part of the half Weymouth started to come into the game and continued to do so after the break . We started to drop deeper & deeper and Wilks pull off another couple of outstanding saves to keep us ahead . We had the ball in the net twice more but the linesmans flag was went up on both occasions.
This brings me on to the officials and that jumped up cu*t who dose his best to f*ck us over whenever we get him . There must of been 3 or 4 cynical tackles during the game that he just waved away and then the 2 footed lung straight through Jebb . I have called this prick incompetent before but now i am convinced he never going to ref us fairly and has an issue with us . Its no wonder SK was losing his shit at that .

Jebbs screamer
Harry

Post by Harry »

Very good result, exceptional first half with several good chances created, second half they were strong and the better team Wilks was outstanding again.
Some bizzare decisions from the ref, some dangerous looking tackles waved play on.
Thought both teams were good, and played the game in the right spirit throughout.
Looking forward to the draw ! Hopefully a home tie, or a Notts County away day !
An enjoyable game to watch today.
Eagle88

Post by Eagle88 »

Great result.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

MOTM a no brainer for me. What a safe pair of hands Wilks was today!
To have cemented his place infront of who is now our ex-England C keeper has been no mean feat either.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Excellent 1st half ,it was a pleasure to watch and reminded me of how we were playing before the Sudbury debacle
2nd half we struggled and our excellent keeper kept us in the game.Weymouth were much improved and dominated play
We were hanging on a bit as the game went on.
I thought that some of the referee's decisions were at best questionable .
But we are in the hat and hoping for another home draw
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

1st game Ive seen since the Maidstone debacle and we played really well first half and showed great character in the 2nd half when Weymouth really did throw everything at us . The only area we fell short on was " clinical finishing " and IF we can get that right then we will certainly go on a run of wins that will make us very serious title contenders
I was very impressed with the way that Weymouth " pinged " the ball about 2nd half with many great crosses that were superbly dealt with by Dan Wilks [ my MOTM] and the back 4 [ 5 incl Vint]
Be very interested to see IF the " goals " by Jake and Ade were actually offside as both decisions must have been questionable ??

Finally the ref was bloody awful and should NOT be officiating at this level

Enjoyed the game !!!