Ade Azeez (Sub)
No votes
Luke Wanadio (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 25

Park Life

Re: Ebbsfleet v Dartford Sun 2nd January 2022

Post by Park Life »

EbbsfleetSupporter wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:13 am I have to say that having seen your manager King yesterday. His dress, his actions on the touch line and at half-time when he berated the referee and linesmen and then listening to his interview on Radio Kent I have come to the conclusion that he's an absolute idiot and he must be an embarrassment to Dartford FC.

His comments in the interview are laughable. 2 or was it 3 penalties that Dartford should have had yesterday? Not even the Dartford players appealed for any of them. What cloud is the man on?
Disappointing you chose to come on here and have a dig and just can't enjoy the victory.

Personally i am very happy with how our club is run and the people running it.

I could have a dig back about how you run your club and say its nice to see the same group of players all managed to play for you covid free on the 18th, 28th and yesterday but couldn't play boxing day!!!! But i won't bother....
V184

Post by V184 »

Spike wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:48 pm
Jonty wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:03 pm Time for SK to focus on what is going on the pitch!
As opposed to doing what Jonty? That's a strange thing to say.
Pre match i was earwigging King having a conversation with a couple of fellow Fleet fans & he was talking about our budget and what we are paying particular players i think Chris Soley was mentioned as one, then going on to critise our manager, surely he should have been concentrating on his own team? he came across as a very bitter little man
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:10 am I thought we looked comfortable up until they scored then we seemed to have no answer. Best player on the pitch was Noor Husin, He was untouchable at times. Steve's interview after had him banging on about how the referee was missing things going on on the pitch and the 'stamping' by Romain on Bonner and our missed chances. He obviously had a beef about it all. As regards our missed chances, we only had the one real shout about Jake's at the end of the first half, which had goal written all over it. We gave Haigh nothing to do all game.
Whereas, our defence gave WIlks nothing to do all game also.
A pretty boring game I thought. Then I heard Dennis's interview and wondered what he was watching. We dominated from start to finish??? They my have had plenty of the ball but they were short on idea's. They only started to look urgent when Egan came on and everything was coming down our left. Hence the goal, a nut meg after a scrappy melee in our six yard box almost.
I think next week's game will be very important. Steve say's we are looking play-off material after a splendid start. If we lose next Saturday I feel we will be scraping to get into the play-off's. We need to start picking up and getting wins under our belt to stop us slipping out of any contention.
Thought the programme was a good read much better than ours. It's the adverts that seems to be holding ours together.
As for the guy who for twenty minutes kept having a dig at Solly and offering money to him. Well, what a world class idiot he looked. A 'look at me' type and a proper embarrassment to all. A wonderful example to his family who he seemed to be dragging around with him.
An entertaining day up at Ebbsfleet. Pity about the football and score. :(
Not quite sure you and I were at the same game Oz to be honest. I thought it was an entertaining, blood and thunder local Derby where neither team was prepared to give any quarters.

We had THREE good goal-scoring chances (see my previous comments) to their one, a well-worked goal, and two good shouts for penalties.

What I do agree with is:
Your view of the moronic comments by certain of our fans directed towards one of their players
The quality of their programme (though I’m not sure the comparison between theirs and ours was at all necessary!)
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

I’m simply going to say it’s a results business and losing to that lot is pants, we are falling down the table, unable to find consistency.

New Year, fresh hope.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Kebabus wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:56 pm I’m simply going to say it’s a results business and losing to that lot is pants, we are falling down the table, unable to find consistency.

New Year, fresh hope.
Couldn’t disagree mate but often things have to be put into perspective. It’s a race not a sprint!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

TonyH, I've always thought that our programme is poor. Websfeet was a good read but I couldn't say whether they did that every game. Probably not. Who's to say?
But ours is not the best.
As for our chances, I thought Jake's was our best, not to sure how close we came to scoring up the 'other end' second half. But I have to agree with our Ebbsfleet fan as to three penalty shouts. Really?? I think Steve was grasping at straws there.
I wouldn't call the game entertaining though. :?:
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview:-

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:34 pm TonyH, I've always thought that our programme is poor. Websfeet was a good read but I couldn't say whether they did that every game. Probably not. Who's to say?
But ours is not the best.
As for our chances, I thought Jake's was our best, not to sure how close we came to scoring up the 'other end' second half. But I have to agree with our Ebbsfleet fan as to three penalty shouts. Really?? I think Steve was grasping at straws there.
I wouldn't call the game entertaining though. :?:
Like I said Oz, you and I were watching completely different games.

So far as our programme goes, I’m a fan of printed programmes and will buy one whenever I go. More than happy to buy one at Princes Park every game.

Btw, our pin badge is better than Ebbsfleet - they didn’t have any to sell lol.
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

Highlights.

Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I’m glad the matchday programme at DFC had been mentioned. I firmly believe that all clubs at this level should have a flawless publication AND Website.

Dartford FC, in my opinion, lead the way with its infrastructure and professional approach to non-league football with one of the best grounds in the league and an excellent board in control of affairs.

Sadly, the club website and matchday programme do not reach any where near the high standards set elsewhere.

It’s all fine and dandy to say, “well come and do better yourself,” (and, being a magazine editor in the past, I would if I had the time,) but that doesn’t answer the question. The programme is poorly edited and I doubt even if it is proofread prior to publication. It is littered with spelling and grammatical errors. Yes, I do appreciate the hard work done by ‘non professionals’ in these jobs but, at this level, I think we should be paying appropriate fees for top not media.

Quite often, media is the very first ‘contact’ people have with the club and, if ‘first impressions’ count, the website and matchday program need a proper ‘looking at.’

Apologies if my opinion upsets anyone - but it is just an opinion and I wish for the VERY best for all matters relating to DFC.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:41 am I’m glad the matchday programme at DFC had been mentioned. I firmly believe that all clubs at this level should have a flawless publication AND Website.

Dartford FC, in my opinion, lead the way with its infrastructure and professional approach to non-league football with one of the best grounds in the league and an excellent board in control of affairs.

Sadly, the club website and matchday programme do not reach any where near the high standards set elsewhere.

It’s all fine and dandy to say, “well come and do better yourself,” (and, being a magazine editor in the past, I would if I had the time,) but that doesn’t answer the question. The programme is poorly edited and I doubt even if it is proofread prior to publication. It is littered with spelling and grammatical errors. Yes, I do appreciate the hard work done by ‘non professionals’ in these jobs but, at this level, I think we should be paying appropriate fees for top not media.

Quite often, media is the very first ‘contact’ people have with the club and, if ‘first impressions’ count, the website and matchday program need a proper ‘looking at.’

Apologies if my opinion upsets anyone - but it is just an opinion and I wish for the VERY best for all matters relating to DFC.
Totally agree with you. I stopped buying programmes a few seasons ago because they were mainly full of adverts and any information on club matters that might have been of relevance was usually out of date or of little interest. I mean, who actually buy's a matchday programme to read the adverts!.

.......and don't get me started on the official website. It's been poor for a good few years and compared to the websites of most clubs in our division and divisions below it is way behind. As stated it should be the first point of contact for both home and away fans but it is well down the pecking order. If the club can make an effort to update their Twitter, Facebook, etc, pages on a fairly regular basis why not update the website at the same time?.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Match Highlights:-

M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Here’s my take on things;
Firstly, I’ve never bought a match day programme in my life!! I mean where do u put it? We can’t all take plastic bags to games with our cushion & flask in!!
Onto the match; I thought it was two evenly matched sides, with both teams, management & sets of fans being happy with a 0-0. So was always going to be a cagey affair. I was surprised SK went with only Robbo up top & 5 at the back? Webbedfeet do score (occasionally) but also concede ( more frequently) !!
I personally think we should have gone for it a tad more?
To their fans who seemed to have recently posted on here, I can confirm that Dfc are indeed part-time & do only train 2 x evenings a week (all the boys have day jobs) & leave Kingy alone, we like his coat, dress sense, & permanently white trainers even on the muddiest pitch!!
Looking forward to seeing some of you next Tuesday maybe ??
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Having watched the highlights I felt that there was a good shout for fouls on Josh and Tyrique for which the Ref gave nothing. ( both outside the box). Thought also that Ade would have done better with Jake up front and taking Ronnie off. The incident with Romain and Bonner I felt it was more concerning that Romain had almost ripped his head off than the stamping. Conor got under the ball on the header which was probably our other chance.
In all not a bad afternoon apart from the score. Would have been pleased if it had ended 0-0. Wouldn't we all. We played some good stuff. But by far for me Noor was lovely to watch, with Jebb and Hyde close behind.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Just had the chance to watch both lots of highlights and we really should have taken something from that game, still feel a draw would have been a fair result but hopefully we will get revenge on the 1st Feb.

I thought at the time Hyde was fouled and still feel the same after watching the video.
Didn't have a clear view of the Bonner/Romain incident but watching it back i think Romain can think himself a bit lucky, had two bites at Tom and looks to me that both were intentional.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Judging from the Steve King interview, it looks like he didn't get the electric razor he'd asked Santa for :D
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

After keeping an eye on the as good as redundant DFC website, I've just seen on twitter the rearranged home fixture with Ebbsfleet is to be played Tuesday 1st February.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I don't know if I misread a report or I have missed it on here, but am I right Andy Drury was on our bench Sunday. In Steve's backroom team?