Ade Azeez (Sub)
No votes
Luke Wanadio (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 25

oranj

Re: Ebbsfleet v Dartford Sun 2nd January 2022

Post by oranj »

We set up with a pretty defensive 5-3-2 . Neither of our full backs looked to attack with any regularity, so we had very little width and few options when we did get the ball in the final third. This set up was never going to give us many opportunities to score.

So to have a very good chance in each half, and miss them both, is disappointing. Roberts’ miss was particularly glaring- free in the box with time to take a touch, he has to hit the target. Instead he shot first time and the ball ended up going over the stand.

It was a very tight game and a draw would probably have been a fair result. But they scored, we didn’t, so you can’t complain too much. Dulwich will be another tough game.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

First half they started well but we gradually got going and finished the half the better side, also had a great chance just before half time but unfortunately went agonisingly just the wrong side of the post.

Second half they had more possession but we had just as many chances but unfortunately were a bit sloppy for their goal.

Obviously disappointed at losing but i thought the performance was better than previous games and a draw would have been a fair result.

MOTM for me was Noor Husin.
Lol

Post by Lol »

A much better performance than of late, and certainly a draw would have been a fair result. But we let them have a soft goal. Unfortunately we couldn't take our chances, and we did have a couple of spells where we played some very nice football. Some encouraging signs. Seemed like the trouble was a bit of handbags between the youngsters, but like most of Ebbsfleet's attacks on the pitch, it fizzled out quite quickly and was nothing to worry about.
A strange place to visit and a bit of a palaver to get inside if buying a ticket on the day. Hopefully won't be going back too soon.
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

I also thought a draw would have been a fair result and the performance was also better than previous weeks especially in the first half, I thought the ref was ok but the linesman gave some woeful offside decisions, I would like to see the Dan Roberts disallowed goal again as I switched ends at half time so was not far from it. Only disappointment for me today is our failure yet again to defend for 90mins.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Right, here goes, my opinion for what it’s worth! That was the best we’ve played for some weeks against, again my opinion, the best team we’ve played so far this season. Very unfortunate not to get something out of the game especially when we created the thee most clear-cut goal scoring opportunities of the game. I’d have put my life savings on Jake to score just before half time - but a foot wide of the right hand post. Then Dans chance - that’s the sign of a forward devoid of any confidence in front of goal blazing big over the bar (but correct to take it on first time). And then To s header from a corner agonisingly over the bar.

Their goal, sloppy on our part? Not at all - it was a well-worked goal and it needed 85 minutes for them to unlock our defence in that manner.

Wet disappointed to lose the game, of course, especially a local Derby. But we build on this and go again.
Harry

Post by Harry »

We are certainly not down and out, it's looking likely that a couple of clubs will get on a run of wins and edge away from the chasing pack, I can't see past Dorking, Ebbsfleet or Maidstone currently but form changes so quickly and will continue to do so, a few weeks ago we were clear and full of confidence as Maidstone are currently.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Harry wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:23 pm We are certainly not down and out, it's looking likely that a couple of clubs will get on a run of wins and edge away from the chasing pack, I can't see past Dorking, Ebbsfleet or Maidstone currently but form changes so quickly and will continue to do so, a few weeks ago we were clear and full of confidence as Maidstone are currently.
Agree with that entirely Harry. We need to stick around the play-off places and try and maintain pressure on the top teams. A team nobodies talking about is Slough who are on fire and will soon get themselves into the mix. Don’t bet against Chippenham either!
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Our best performance in weeks but sadly beaten by a fitter, faster, technically better team and saying that, we had two glorious chances to take the lead. I can't argue with the result as the opposition had around 75% of the possession but if we are to remain in the playoffs, we need to start winning again before our playoff hopes disappear as well. SK started with our strongest team but we still fell short unfortunately and as for his Radio Kent interview, he told a load of old b@llocks, I wish he accepted the truth, otherwise we won't move forward.

As it stands, I have seen three better teams in this division but that doesn't say we can't turn things around with some new blood and a change of personal/tactics with our midfield. I think we just need a little bit more mobility and width if we want to remain in the playoffs. Time for SK to focus on what is going on the pitch!
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Harry wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:23 pm We are certainly not down and out, it's looking likely that a couple of clubs will get on a run of wins and edge away from the chasing pack, I can't see past Dorking, Ebbsfleet or Maidstone currently but form changes so quickly and will continue to do so, a few weeks ago we were clear and full of confidence as Maidstone are currently.
Make that a few months ago that the team showed any real confidence ,and that was the Cup tie against Maidstone .We are struggling to score more than one goal in league games lately , wether that be all our strikers have hit rock bottom form or we are not creating enough chances for these strikers to capitalise ? It does seem other teams are finally figuring out our style of playing ? Someone has already commented on the Facebook page as “Too much Tikka Takka football in midfield ? and in a previous post on here of “overplaying it in and around the oppositions box”?
Wether we agree or not ; pre Sudbury we were a lot more direct in our play with devastating speed of attack that just lately seems missing ? I’m hoping SK can turn it around and get back to the levels we were showing earlier on in the season , and now with a lot of home league games coming up , maybe we can start to find that level again and tot up the points again ? If Maidstone can turn things around so can we .
COYD
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

It may have been a better performance than some of our recent matches, or you could point out that it is not a fraction as good as the start of the season. At the start of the season we seemed to get the ball forward far faster now we seem to over complicate things. Having said that I think we need to discuss the big issue of the day. Why was Steve King dressed as a 1970s pimp? The tight trousers the fur trimmed coat, what were his plan post match?
Spike

Post by Spike »

It was a much better performance against very strong opposition and whilst Ebbsfleet were mostly on the front foot Darts were always in the game and it really could have gone either way. I understand why some have said a draw would have been a fair result, but ultimately we lost the game because we screwed up and left a man totally unmarked for their goal. That, coupled with a few missed opportunities up front, is why we go home empty handed. It has nothing to do with fate or bad luck. Performance wise, it was a step in the right direction, but in a division this competitive, games are won and lost on these big moments and today we came up short. Nevertheless, it's not all doom and gloom and was a much better performance and the team looked better balanced and more mobile. I'd be inclined to play the same 11 next week. We desperately need a win though. My MOTM was Meade.
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

I said earlier it was a better performance in recent matches but obviously still way off from our earlier season form. One noticeable difference when we beat St.albans,Dulwich & Bath away and Slough & Eastbourne at home before hitting welling for 6 was that we played more attacking football taking the game to the opposition, but in a lot of games after, we changed the way we set up, played with no width in some games, playing a back 5 like today in others, changing player personel and so on. I know sometimes you have to have a different game plan against some teams, but we've stopped doing the things that was working well. Those fantastic earlier season performances seem like an age ago. Hopefully we can use the run of home games coming up to be a lot more attack minded and start to get us back on track and make our home a fortress.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Stuart wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:02 pm Having said that I think we need to discuss the big issue of the day. Why was Steve King dressed as a 1970s pimp? The tight trousers the fur trimmed coat, what were his plan post match?
Sorry mate but think that comments in poor taste and personal and not sure how that can help your own team??

And Jonty me old mate, you favourite son will be fit soon so if he gets back in the side perhaps you'll calm down a bit ;) ;)
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

The current form guide based on the the last six games has us in 12th place.
So a little bit more work required between now and the end of the season.
The league leaders will change hands several times during the campaign which shows just how competitive it is.
After Maidstone it'll probably be Dorking for a spell. You have to admire them for not panicking during their lengthy injury crisis by sticking with their squad. And now they more or less have all their best players fit again. Hence the 8-0 drubbing of Havant & Waterlooville.
The main thing for us is to stay in the mix. The fact we are no longer league leaders doesn't bother me.
It can change hands as much as it likes. It's who's there come the final whistle on the last day of fixtures that matters.
If we can finish the season as strong as we started, we should be in with a very good shout.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Jonty wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:03 pm Time for SK to focus on what is going on the pitch!
As opposed to doing what Jonty? That's a strange thing to say.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Sitting in the old Gravesend & Northfleet wooden stand with my knee's pushed up under my chin I'm sorry to say they did look a better team than us but had Jake tucked away that chance just before half time things might have been different. The ball was played to Jake by our new bloke who I thought had a quiet game and made me wish we had an out and out winger in the team instead of wing backs, no Danny Leonard in the squad?
Colspaz

Post by Colspaz »

Positives from yesterday game were that we were not out played by Ebbsfleet and the game ended up being decided by our mistake, we did look better than in the last few games, we were always going to have a period during the season when performances and results go against us, the management are experienced enough to turn results around.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I thought we looked comfortable up until they scored then we seemed to have no answer. Best player on the pitch was Noor Husin, He was untouchable at times. Steve's interview after had him banging on about how the referee was missing things going on on the pitch and the 'stamping' by Romain on Bonner and our missed chances. He obviously had a beef about it all. As regards our missed chances, we only had the one real shout about Jake's at the end of the first half, which had goal written all over it. We gave Haigh nothing to do all game.
Whereas, our defence gave WIlks nothing to do all game also.
A pretty boring game I thought. Then I heard Dennis's interview and wondered what he was watching. We dominated from start to finish??? They my have had plenty of the ball but they were short on idea's. They only started to look urgent when Egan came on and everything was coming down our left. Hence the goal, a nut meg after a scrappy melee in our six yard box almost.
I think next week's game will be very important. Steve say's we are looking play-off material after a splendid start. If we lose next Saturday I feel we will be scraping to get into the play-off's. We need to start picking up and getting wins under our belt to stop us slipping out of any contention.
Thought the programme was a good read much better than ours. It's the adverts that seems to be holding ours together.
As for the guy who for twenty minutes kept having a dig at Solly and offering money to him. Well, what a world class idiot he looked. A 'look at me' type and a proper embarrassment to all. A wonderful example to his family who he seemed to be dragging around with him.
An entertaining day up at Ebbsfleet. Pity about the football and score. :(
EbbsfleetSupporter

Post by EbbsfleetSupporter »

I have to say that having seen your manager King yesterday. His dress, his actions on the touch line and at half-time when he berated the referee and linesmen and then listening to his interview on Radio Kent I have come to the conclusion that he's an absolute idiot and he must be an embarrassment to Dartford FC.

His comments in the interview are laughable. 2 or was it 3 penalties that Dartford should have had yesterday? Not even the Dartford players appealed for any of them. What cloud is the man on?
Last edited by EbbsfleetSupporter on Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Thought we looked 'Ordinary'.