Isthmian Premier League News

Moderator: Gary C

The Duke

Re: Isthmian Premier League News

Post by The Duke »

Oh well Skip , memory aint what it was but least I was right about his one great goalscoring season , great bloke to have in the " trenches " !!!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

All a little too late for one of my favourites.
The great Danny Dafter. Took no prisoners and loped around the pitch at his own speed.
He and Nobes the Brentwood connection.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I see Chatham are currently losing their play off final 2-0 at home to Enfield Town with about 8mins to go.

So looks like a very close derby game this coming season against them and one that is about 5 mins from my house 😁😁.
Babylon

Re: Isthmian Premier 2024/25

Post by Babylon »

Chatham lose 3-0 to Enfield .in their play off.
.so we have a couple of nice little local derby's next campaign
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Somebody i know who is a Chatham fan said they played absolutely terrible.

Still they’ve done well in their 1st season in that division to end up in the play off final.

If they can keep the same side they will be one of if not the favourites for the title this coming season.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

From the little I have seen about Chatham, they don't hang around when they have the chance of strengthening their squad at any time. Harvey Bradbury signed for them not long ago from Farnborough
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Christmas fixture confirmed then darts vrs chatham be 2 big crowds

Cmon let's get behind the team who ever they may be
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Bkev180 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:11 pm Christmas fixture confirmed then darts vrs chatham be 2 big crowds

Might be Chatham v Dover - AND, if the IPL go the way of the NL, they won’t be both over Xmas/N Year but Xmas/Easter.
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:48 pm
Bkev180 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:11 pm Christmas fixture confirmed then darts vrs chatham be 2 big crowds

Might be Chatham v Dover - AND, if the IPL go the way of the NL, they won’t be both over Xmas/N Year but Xmas/Easter.
I imagine Dover will play Folkestone.
Sleightly Deceptive

Dicky Dart wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:08 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:48 pm

I imagine Dover will play Folkestone.
Ah. Forgot about them! 😜
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Ryan Maxwell returns to Sittingbourne a week after leaving as manager
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Danny Kedwell has left Chatham to become the new manager of Ashford United.
The Futures White

Bishop’s Stortford have appointed Steve Castle as their new first team manager.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Leagues constitution released.

As expected Hendon join us as a lateral move.

Cray Valley PM, Chichester City and Bowers & Pitsea are promoted into our league.
The Futures White

The FA has announced that subject to any appeals the make up for the Isthmian Premier League will be as follows.....

Billericay Town, Bognor Regis Town, Bowers & Pitsea, Canvey Island, Carshalton Athletic, Chatham Town, Cheshunt, Chichester City, Cray Valley PM, Cray Wanderers, Dartford, Dover Athletic, Dulwich Hamlet, Folkestone Invicta, Hashtag United, Hastings United, Hendon, Horsham, Lewes, Potters Bar Town, Whitehawk, Wingate & Finchley.

Hendon have been moved across from the Southern League Premier South division and Bishop's Stortford have been placed in the Southern League Premier Central division.
Sleightly Deceptive

Bugger. Would rather have gone to Bishops Stortford than Hendon!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Your old stomping ground though Hendon wasn’t it SD??
Sleightly Deceptive

M1 South wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:05 pm Your old stomping ground though Hendon wasn’t it SD??
Aha. Not quite M1S. I was a ‘City’ plod. Though I reffed there a couple of times.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

What's going on with the Southern League? Cirencester and now Coalville Town have resigned. Maybe they'll take back Hendon to make up the numbers at this rate.

=============

https://www.coalvilletownfc.co.uk/news/ ... steps-down

Club Statement - Chairman Steps Down

24 May 2024

Coalville Town Chairman Glyn Rennocks would like to issue the following statement regarding the Senior Men’s team who currently play in the Southern League Central Premier Division.

“I first got involved with the club in the early 1980’s when we were in the nearby village of Ravenstone. At the time the club were in all reality a pub team. Over the next 40 years the club has progressed without ever suffering a relegation. Along the way we have enjoyed Promotions, FA & FA Trophy Cup Runs, became the first club from Leicestershire to appear at the new Wembley Stadium but more than all of that on field success we have become a real focal point for the town and local community.

Over the last 2-3 years the costs of running a football club at this level have spiraled and the income has not matched the rise in costs.

Also in recent years the once fantastic support we received from North West Leicestershire District Council has diminished, especially since a certain councilor came to prominence, and he has allegedly said that I personally should come under more scrutiny and has changed the council representative from Cllr Geary who has been for many years a fantastic representative for both council and football club. I feel this is totally unwarranted given the positive impact I and the club have had on the town, providing a facility and structure for almost 900 local children through our 90 junior teams to enjoy football coaching in a safe and healthy environment along with painting the town in a positive light through our success that has received nationwide publicity.

I have always said I am a supporter and it just costs me a lot more than most to go to matches. However as I approach my 70th birthday I can no longer continue to subsidise the club. I have always ran it in a sustainable way, never cut budgets and the club has no debts, However, after much thought and discussions I have taken the difficult decision to step away. The club will withdraw it’s men’s senior team and resign from the Southern League with immediate effect.

I have no doubt that this will disappoint a lot of people, no one more so than me, but there is no other alternative. Along with the financial impact, the running of the club falls on a small group of people, myself, Luke my son, Joy my wife and Steve Cartwright. Whilst we have a fantastic group of volunteers on match days, there is a huge amount of time needed from the four of us everyday and that can no longer continue. Over my tenure I have registered over £140,000 of director loans into the football club to help with its infrastructure, this I will never get back nor do I want back but I also dread to think of what this total would look like if I included every time I have had put money in to the day to day running. As mentioned I am not getting any younger and right now I am at a point where I would rather spend my time and effort on my family, particularly my two and three year old granddaughters – retirement from work also beckons!

Thank you to our great sponsors and people like Mick Jordan who have helped ease the burden over the years as long term supporters of the club.

Current management have been informed earlier today and we wish them all the best moving forward.

The Girls, Juniors, Inclusive, Ladies and Youth teams will all continue as normal and will benefit from the fantastic facilities at the Owen St Sports Ground that have been created over the last few years.

Lastly I would like to thank all the great players who have represented the club, the Managers Lee Harriman, Tommy Brookbanks and Adam Stevens who have all delivered unwavering success and helped make the journey enjoyable most of the time, the volunteers which no club can function without, the magnificent supporters who have followed us up and down the country, to Adams Park, Meadow Lane, Wembley Stadium and The Valley it has been massively appreciated. But to those core supporters who have stood beside me on cold winters nights in the Leicestershire Senior League, The Midland Alliance, The Northern Premier League and the Southern League they are the people I have done this for and I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart.

Whilst I appreciate the news will come as a huge shock, I hope one day you will all understand and respect the decision taken. Thank you”

At this point the club will not be making any further comment.

======

http://www.cirentownfc.com/blog/2024/05/club-statement/

17 May 2024

As many of you will be aware, there has been a lot of talk in the last few days regarding the status of Cirencester Town Football Club and what league we will be competing in next season.

Sadly, we have requested a voluntary relegation for the 2024-2025 season due to various reasons and we will be resigning from the Southern Football League with immediate effect.

We felt it was only right to make our supporters and members aware of this change before the league allocations are announced by the FA.

A meeting date will be announced in the next 14 days so our members and supporters can convene to hear more detail and information regarding this decision.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

It's nice that the Hendon boss says it's going to be extremely hard up against the likes of Dulwich, Chatham, Billericay and Folkestone.
So, we've gone from the team to fear in the National League South to obscurity.
Hopefully that could work for us for a change.