Player news

Moderator: Gary C

Park Life

Re: Player news

Post by Park Life »

Pennock on key duo's Darts exit

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... it-306074/

Luke Coulson and Tommy Block head Dartford departures after club’s relegation to Isthmian Premier: Six other players released by boss Ady Pennock

Dartford manager Ady Pennock admitted he’s disappointed he couldn’t keep Luke Coulson and Tommy Block for next season.

The duo’s departure from Princes Park was confirmed this week with both players leaving for non-football reasons.

Skipper Coulson was a shining light in a miserable campaign - no player started more games for the club - as the Darts were relegated from National League South.

“Luke is moving back to the Swindon area,” confirmed Pennock. “He is a great lad and a
good footballer. It’s a shame that he isn’t going to be with us next season. He was our captain and he led by example.

“I want to wish him all the very best. If it was possible, we would have kept him because he’s got great ability and he cared about the club.”

Coulson joined the Darts in the summer of 2022 after a successful spell at Bromley. The 30-year-old, who previously played for Ebbsfleet, scored 19 goals in 95 games for Dartford.

Block was another player that Pennock was keen to keep at the club, but his personal circumstances meant that wasn’t going to be possible.

The Darts boss added: “It was too far for him to travel, he was doing a five or six-hour round trip just to come to training.

“It was too much for him and as much as I wanted him to stay, we had a chat and made a sensible decision.

“He has inherited his family business in Bognor and wants to spend more time on that as well.

“Tommy is a great lad and I wish him all the best for the future, he’s a top player.”

Block’s time at Dartford was plagued by injuries, having joined from Hampton & Richmond under former boss Alan Dowson midway through last season. He made just 17 appearances for the club.

Block added: “It was an absolute pleasure to represent Dartford. Unfortunately, due to travel I couldn’t stay as I need to play closer to home. I wish you all the best for the future.”

Six other players have also left Dartford following the conclusion of the season.

Strikers Alex Wall and Jordan Greenidge are leaving along with midfielder Tyrell Miller-Rodney and young keeper Tom Wray. Also departing are defenders Max Statham and Manny Adebowale.

Pennock added: “I’d like to thank them for their efforts at the club and wish them well for the future.”

Wall said on X: “A great club that has meant a lot to me from 2013 to now. A club that will no doubt rise again with the great people all around the club. Some great memories I will hold onto and cherish.”

Loan players Ronnie Nelson (Colchester), Harrison Sodje, Rhys Byrne (both Leyton Orient) and Ollie Bray (Aldershot) have all returned to their parent clubs.

The departures mean that Pennock can start to focus on bringing in fresh faces to Dartford, who are sure to be an attractive club to potential signings. The remaining players from this season’s squad are in talks with the manager about their futures.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Not player but Craig Belgrave has left.
Ady must have his own man coming in.

https://x.com/dartfordfc/status/1786365 ... gjOWA&s=08
ArtTheDart

Post by ArtTheDart »

Luke Coulson has gone to Weston-Super-Mare https://www.westonsmareafc.co.uk/luke-c ... G9x5n9qIKL
KentC

Post by KentC »

Park Life wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:23 am Pennock on key duo's Darts exit

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... it-306074/

Luke Coulson and Tommy Block head Dartford departures after club’s relegation to Isthmian Premier: Six other players released by boss Ady Pennock

Dartford manager Ady Pennock admitted he’s disappointed he couldn’t keep Luke Coulson and Tommy Block for next season.

The duo’s departure from Princes Park was confirmed this week with both players leaving for non-football reasons.

Skipper Coulson was a shining light in a miserable campaign - no player started more games for the club - as the Darts were relegated from National League South.

“Luke is moving back to the Swindon area,” confirmed Pennock. “He is a great lad and a
good footballer. It’s a shame that he isn’t going to be with us next season. He was our captain and he led by example.

“I want to wish him all the very best. If it was possible, we would have kept him because he’s got great ability and he cared about the club.”

Coulson joined the Darts in the summer of 2022 after a successful spell at Bromley. The 30-year-old, who previously played for Ebbsfleet, scored 19 goals in 95 games for Dartford.

Block was another player that Pennock was keen to keep at the club, but his personal circumstances meant that wasn’t going to be possible.

The Darts boss added: “It was too far for him to travel, he was doing a five or six-hour round trip just to come to training.

“It was too much for him and as much as I wanted him to stay, we had a chat and made a sensible decision.

“He has inherited his family business in Bognor and wants to spend more time on that as well.

“Tommy is a great lad and I wish him all the best for the future, he’s a top player.”

Block’s time at Dartford was plagued by injuries, having joined from Hampton & Richmond under former boss Alan Dowson midway through last season. He made just 17 appearances for the club.

Block added: “It was an absolute pleasure to represent Dartford. Unfortunately, due to travel I couldn’t stay as I need to play closer to home. I wish you all the best for the future.”

Six other players have also left Dartford following the conclusion of the season.

Strikers Alex Wall and Jordan Greenidge are leaving along with midfielder Tyrell Miller-Rodney and young keeper Tom Wray. Also departing are defenders Max Statham and Manny Adebowale.

Pennock added: “I’d like to thank them for their efforts at the club and wish them well for the future.”

Wall said on X: “A great club that has meant a lot to me from 2013 to now. A club that will no doubt rise again with the great people all around the club. Some great memories I will hold onto and cherish.”

Loan players Ronnie Nelson (Colchester), Harrison Sodje, Rhys Byrne (both Leyton Orient) and Ollie Bray (Aldershot) have all returned to their parent clubs.

The departures mean that Pennock can start to focus on bringing in fresh faces to Dartford, who are sure to be an attractive club to potential signings. The remaining players from this season’s squad are in talks with the manager about their futures.

Block and Luke arguably our two best players though Olly Box may have some say on that.
Disappointed with the news but understandable.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Ibby Akanbi leaves St Albans after the end of his contract.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

DA1 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:23 pm Ibby Akanbi leaves St Albans after the end of his contract.
Underwhelming when I saw him play
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:13 pm
DA1 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:23 pm Ibby Akanbi leaves St Albans after the end of his contract.
Underwhelming when I saw him play
Agreed. Wouldn’t sign him personally.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Perhaps if we had waited until the end of the season we could have got Dennis Kurtreib in as manager instead of trying to do a patch up job with various others.
No offence to Ade but I feel we brought him in far too late to get us out of the mess we were in.
Dennis is now looking to get back into the game, although I don't think I could have handled a Solly playing out from the back. But Kurtreib will definitely be a sought after manager.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

In Germany maybe???
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

He definitely states back in England but I get what you mean M1.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

He had never worked outside of Berlin even before joining Webbedfeet, so was a strange choice, but I think even I could have got them promoted with the backing of the Kuwaity Billionaire Good Doctor (who I believe pumped in & lost £1.7 million that season)
And I wouldn’t have lost 8-1 in the same week to local rivals…..hang on I have to look it up?…..erm Dartford apparently!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Yes, but we were far better. Even with the management we had and the fact we had a hand-me-down squad.
Of course after that season the management then started to show their brilliance by getting us out of the division.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

And those two matches against Ebbsfleet were the last time we played convincingly - a season and a half ago!!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Very true
Spike

Post by Spike »

Lars Resort wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:20 am Perhaps if we had waited until the end of the season we could have got Dennis Kurtreib in as manager instead of trying to do a patch up job with various others.
No offence to Ade but I feel we brought him in far too late to get us out of the mess we were in.
Dennis is now looking to get back into the game, although I don't think I could have handled a Solly playing out from the back. But Kurtreib will definitely be a sought after manager.
Undoubtedly, clubs with a £1.6 million budget who want to underachieve will be queuing up for his services.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I did post this tongue in cheek. As you say Spike, if they have the money, he will come. But I also think he is over rated.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

In Germany maybe?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Barnet
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

I'm worried that it is deafening silence on signing players. Down this way Weston have already made 2 big signings - Like Coulson and Ollie Chamberlain from Taunton. Added to that or website is still plastered with Vanerama advertising - has everyone gone in holiday?
Spike

Post by Spike »

Taunton Dart wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 pm I'm worried that it is deafening silence on signing players. Down this way Weston have already made 2 big signings - Like Coulson and Ollie Chamberlain from Taunton. Added to that or website is still plastered with Vanerama advertising - has everyone gone in holiday?
The website still thinks the FA Cup is suspended since Hitler invaded Poland.