George Whitefield (Sub)
3%
Fumnaya Shomotun (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 38

Spike

Re: Dartford v Truro City Sat 20 Apr 2024

Post by Spike »

rambo wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:02 pm Spike I agree with most of what you say most of the time but on this occasion it’s a no
Coulson was dealt a bad hand by the clown in being made captain as he is no way captain material. However , he was the captain and on my view he is as culpable for our appalling season as the clown is. Coulson did not step up to the captains job and most of the time gave up and didn’t put in the required effort and certainly did not gee up the players and now has a relegation on his cv. He can go find another club as far as I am concerned.
It is possible that Rooney could make a mark in the isthmian league but it will be quick and frantic and tbh Rooney is a bit slow. I would like to see the back of him also.
I want Ade to sweep away the old and bring in a whole new squad that will play his way with an absolute minimum of this seasons squad
I don't disagree that Coulson was a terrible choice for captain and Rooney isn't the quickest, but I do think both of these players are so much better than they have shown this season. If there was a bit more quality around them, then I think that would come through. I think Luke in particular got very frustrated and sometimes looked as if he'd given up, but I don't think that was really the case. If they stay, they might get the chance to prove that they are both much better than we have seen, time will tell. Since they each won one of the player of the season awards, I guess most people felt they were potentially the two most worth keeping.
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Spike wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:22 pm
rambo wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:02 pm Spike I agree with most of what you say most of the time but on this occasion it’s a no
Coulson was dealt a bad hand by the clown in being made captain as he is no way captain material. However , he was the captain and on my view he is as culpable for our appalling season as the clown is. Coulson did not step up to the captains job and most of the time gave up and didn’t put in the required effort and certainly did not gee up the players and now has a relegation on his cv. He can go find another club as far as I am concerned.
It is possible that Rooney could make a mark in the isthmian league but it will be quick and frantic and tbh Rooney is a bit slow. I would like to see the back of him also.
I want Ade to sweep away the old and bring in a whole new squad that will play his way with an absolute minimum of this seasons squad
I don't disagree that Coulson was a terrible choice for captain and Rooney isn't the quickest, but I do think both of these players are so much better than they have shown this season. If there was a bit more quality around them, then I think that would come through. I think Luke in particular got very frustrated and sometimes looked as if he'd given up, but I don't think that was really the case. If they stay, they might get the chance to prove that they are both much better than we have seen, time will tell. Since they each won one of the player of the season awards, I guess most people felt they were potentially the two most worth keeping.
I completely agree Spike. Coulson and Rooney are the two best footballers at the club technically. I hope they both stay and flourish under Ady; we certainly saw nothing near the best of either of them this season.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I get the feeling that Coulson will stay but not too sure re Rooney. Saturday's game had the ball stuck like glue to Luke's foot.
Excellent game, such a shame there was one other Dart on the pitch that outshone him.