No votes
Jordan Greenidge (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 21

BRASSNECK

Re: Havant & Waterlooville v Dartford Sat 6 Apr 2024

Post by BRASSNECK »

KentC wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:13 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:56 pm Bloody huge win, they say it's the hope that kills you and after Monday I had none, today they've given me the slightest.

A shame Eastbourne won, hopefully Welling hold on against Torquay and they could get dragged into this

Torquay definitely in it now.
If we win game in hand then only 3points behind Hemel with a better goal difference.
Torquay play Monday away at Truro, no rest.
Eastbourne away at Truro Weds
Truro home to Yeovil Thursday.

I could go on, Truro are screwed surely, that’s impossible to manage.
If you look at the week up to next Saturday anything can happen, we just have the easy bit of winning our game Tuesday.
Eastbourne still in it, we could all lose or win any game.
Another massive week where pole position could absolutely change, or we can be almost mathematically down.
I would imagine they might target certain games that they think they can win from tonight 8 home games in a row.
Skip

Post by Skip »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:49 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:56 pm Bloody huge win, they say it's the hope that kills you and after Monday I had none, today they've given me the slightest.

A shame Eastbourne won, hopefully Welling hold on against Torquay and they could get dragged into this

If we win game in hand then only 3points behind Hemel with a better goal difference.

If you look at the week up to next Saturday anything can happen, we just have the easy bit of winning our game Tuesday.
Another massive week where pole position could absolutely change, or we can be almost mathematically down.
I would imagine they might target certain games that they think they can win from tonight 8 home games in a row.
I would have thought Torquay at home on Monday for certain. Truro win tonight and that one and it’s pretty much guaranteed another season in the NLS for them. And if they beat Torquay then our position changes significantly before we play Worthing on Tuesday. Could be a helluva night!
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Skip wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:21 pm

I would have thought Torquay at home on Monday for certain. Truro win tonight and that one and it’s pretty much guaranteed another season in the NLS for them. And if they beat Torquay then our position changes significantly before we play Worthing on Tuesday. Could be a helluva night!
An Aveley win tonight would be good.
Skip

Post by Skip »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:42 pm
Skip wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:21 pm
An Aveley win tonight would be good.
Aveley will be desperate for the win to get back in the play offs so they won’t be sitting back.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

That was possibly one of if not our best performance of the season and we thoroughly deserved the win.

First half they had maybe a couple of chances but if it was not for Worner in goal for them who made 3 or 4 very good saves and one exceptional one, we could easily have gone in 2 or 3 up at HT. We also had what i thought at the time was a certain hand ball from a corner so will be keen to see if the video got this and whether i was seeing things or not, but i was not the only one who thought it was.

Second half we thought here we go again when they took the lead but our lads responded really well and deservedly took the lead and could, and maybe should have got the third goal to kill the game off.

It was a vey good team performance with everyone playing a part and i don't want to diminish everyone's contribution but the stand out performers for me were, Nelson, Box and Byrne who had his best game in goal for us and didn't put a foot wrong all game and is why i gave him motm, as although we were very good going forward, when we needed him at the crucial moments he dealt with everything very well.

Also have to give Ady massive credit today as he shuffled the pack and moved players around and it paid dividends especially when you take into account Thursday evening was only his FOURTH training session with the players since he took over.

A very good day today and if we perform at this level for the remaining games 🤞🤞🤞🤞
KentC

Post by KentC »

Pleased the keeper did well today, needs that confidence.
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

As nice as it is to see us win today we need 6 points minimum from the next 3 games….

Yeovil will have won the league by the time we play them so a possibility to get a result if they are in training mode, can’t see us getting anything versus Worthing although I would love it to happen! Could go to the last game of the season as long as we pick up another win in the next 2 games and results go our way.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Park Life wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:15 pm

He obviously has a ton of brilliant experience.
There are some things I don’t agree with him on over last few weeks , Box and Greenidge situations for a start.

But he’s likeable and I do like listening to him, he says the right things and is composed.
I honestly believe if hed of had an extra 4-6 weeks he’d keep us up.
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

KentC wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:08 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:15 pm

He obviously has a ton of brilliant experience.
There are some things I don’t agree with him on over last few weeks , Box and Greenidge situations for a start.

But he’s likeable and I do like listening to him, he says the right things and is composed.
I honestly believe if hed of had an extra 4-6 weeks he’d keep us up.
Was also thinking this as only 4 training sessions at this point his appointment was way too late
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Once again, I was tuned in to the commentary. Park Life, Will Bass was also commenting that today was the best performance he has seen in the last 2 seasons he has been commentating on Darts matches.

Certainly seems to have been the case today, and with excellent and confidence boosting performances from Byrne in goal, Luke Allen and a busy Ollie Box, only let down by Wall picking up yet another caution and being sensibly substituted. Also less ball being given away too, as the Darts seemed to be in the ascendancy for most of the match, only being denied by Worner on several occasions.

Let's just hope we can repeat the performance on Tuesday evening and record consecutive victories for only the 3rd time this season, going back to August and September for the first 2 occasions.

I believe that Worthing's earlier victory today at Yeovil guarantees them one of the play off places, due to their substantial goal difference.

It is difficult to believe H&W are full time, given their league position, so full time is no guarantee of success!

Well done Spike on your earlier comments in this thread, of travelling down to Hampshire because you didn't not being there if we won!! Well done and fair play to all who made the game. You could all be heard over the airways during the commentary. A happy return back to Dartford on the coaches I guess.

And well done once again, to Will Bass. You really do reflect so well, on what is going on on the pitch.

Today's result keeps us in the frame to avoid the relegation zone. It is going to be tight, right to the last game perhaps. We need to collect our own wins and not rely on others failing.

COYD
Disco Stu

Post by Disco Stu »

That was a good performance yesterday and a deserved win. Everyone put in a shift and when the odd moment didn’t go our way they didn’t let frustration takeover. We created enough chances and could have won by more. Going a goal down could have seen us slump, but the team showed good character and endeavour to pull through.

Luke Allen seemed to be everywhere, Olly Box was excellent and took his goal brilliantly, Rhys Byrne made some great saves at the end and was faultless. Loads of positives for every individual.

Credit to Alex Wall as well as early on it looked like another afternoon where he’d unnecessarily get involved in physical battles. He picked up a caution (didn’t really agree with that decision) and after the boss had a word with him (I think) he calmed down and concentrated on playing football. To be honest Wall deserved a goal and got in some good positions. Towards the end he showed that physical side of his game again and Pennock made a good choice to bring him off. Although Havant’s McNerney was giving as good as he got, you could see their was a risk Wall could pick up a second yellow.

Also liked that when Harrison Sodje was forced to come off, Ady Pennock managed to shuffle the pack and the performance levels remained the same.

Still going to be tough to stay up with Worthing and Yeovil up next. Just need to hope we get a couple of wins in our three remaining games and teams around us slip up. If the team show the same fight as they did yesterday then there is still hope.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Questions rising from their post-match interview:

1:30 Former Hawk Joash Nembhard controversially pull us level.
4:30 We can only do what we can do and hope everything goes against us.

I realise I’m a nit-picking pedant at the best of times, but could there be some sabotage from within!?

Great day out yesterday. We bloody deserved it.
That 21st spot ain’t being decided until the final day :ugeek:
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

DA Mikey wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:53 pm 1:30 Former Hawk Joash Nembhard controversially pull us level.

I realise I’m a nit-picking pedant at the best of times
*pulled :D
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

DA Mikey wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:53 pm Questions rising from their post-match interview:

4:30 We can only do what we can do and hope everything goes against us.

I realise I’m a nit-picking pedant at the best of times, but could there be some sabotage from within!?
4:12 :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

As for the Nembhard goal, from my position it looked over the line and i didn't hear them mention the handball appeal we had first half.
Video will be interesting.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Two excellent saves from Rhys towards the end. Let's hope the lad's are up for Tuesday and that Luke Allen maintains his form. I have a feeling we are going to need something from special.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Without doubt the best performance of the season for me. Darts bossed the game throughout and it would have been a travesty not to have won the game. Both goalkeepers had excellent games but my MOTM once again was the effervescent Olly Box. If we're to have any chance of a last minute escape, this lad has to start every week. He plays without fear and seems unaffected by the depression that seems to have got in the heads of many of our players. Nevertheless, yesterday was an all round impressive showing from the whole team and anyone watching for the first time would be astonished to hear we were occupying a relegation spot. There is now the tiniest glimmer of hope and if our players can perform like this again on Tuesday I will certainly be going to Yeovil. Football is full of surprises. COYD
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Agree re Oly Box. It would be a travesty should this club lose him in the summer. He could be our way back should we be relegated.
I know we can't stand in his way but it would be massive loss.