Oliver Box (Sub)
48%
Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 33

Lol

Re: Dartford v Eastbourne Borough Mon 1 Apr 2024

Post by Lol »

KentC, thanks for your interest. Depending on availability of the main pitch, they could be played on there. Or the 3G. Only £4 entry. Champions Bar will be open.
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

TbH my love is of the stadium of Dartford and I would happily attend the women’s games it might actually make me smile for the first time in a long time will come and give my support also LOL
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Unusually, I have just watched the highlights. I believe that the challenge that put Block out of the match would normally have been worthy of a yellow card, but this ref and the linesman saw nothing wrong with it and no free kick was given. They also both saw nothing wrong with the blatent handball that allowed the forward the shot for the second goal. But, why was there no protest from any of the four Dartford players visible on the screen? Were they really that far past caring?
KentC

Post by KentC »

Grassbank wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:55 pm Unusually, I have just watched the highlights. I believe that the challenge that put Block out of the match would normally have been worthy of a yellow card, but this ref and the linesman saw nothing wrong with it and no free kick was given. They also both saw nothing wrong with the blatent handball that allowed the forward the shot for the second goal. But, why was there no protest from any of the four Dartford players visible on the screen? Were they really that far past caring?

A very good pint, why are they not screaming hand ball. I saw it from the half way line and so did everyone else around me. You’re right, why wouldn’t you?
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Grassbank wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:55 pm Unusually, I have just watched the highlights. I believe that the challenge that put Block out of the match would normally have been worthy of a yellow card, but this ref and the linesman saw nothing wrong with it and no free kick was given. They also both saw nothing wrong with the blatent handball that allowed the forward the shot for the second goal. But, why was there no protest from any of the four Dartford players visible on the screen? Were they really that far past caring?
Interesting. I missed the handball from the other end of the pitch whilst my learned mate saw it. I assumed he had imagined it since there was no appeal whatsoever on the pitch. Talk about defeatist mentality!!
Darren

Post by Darren »

Bagdhad Billy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:48 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:37 pm How much abuse will I get for this post I wonder. How anyone can have an ounce of positivity left in them after what I saw today I don't know. That could have been 5-0 we got lucky it was only 2.

Absolutely woeful. Never looked like scoring and MOST of the players simply do not care and aren't good enough. Box the first to clap the fans at the end of the game, Coulson actually made an effort to go over and have a conversation with a group which shows those two do care. Other than that the rest of them made it look like an effort to come over and clap us and cannot make a case for any of them actually caring for the shirt they put on.

Pennock on the other hand, what an awful appointment he's turning out to be. We look worse than we ever did under Dowson and Burman. The board should be ashamed in taking 2 months to appoint him. Whatever recruitment process they had in place has clearly been a massive failure. We don't look like scoring, the players don't have any idea what their roles are half the time. There's no off the ball movement, they're too slow in tracking back etc etc I could go on all day.

We seemed to have got another keeper with poppadom wrists. Couldn't catch anything today, no command of his area whatsoever and a massive error for the first. I questioned Beeney at the start of the season, however aside from Sandford he's the best keeper we have had all season.

That's us down. I'll be shocked if we manage a win for the remaining games. Hopefully we have a complete clear out in the summer and that includes the manager.

The board need to take a long hard look at themselves also. They have to take a large part of responsibility for this season.

MOTM Block. None of the rest of them deserve it

Rooney is wasted at Centre Half, he should be playing further forward.
Was chatting with Tommy Blocks dad and he was our best player by a mile in the first 10 mins really feel for the lad and he was devastated when he got injured. Hopefully he can sort out the injury and we can build the team around him next season…
Blocky is like an 80’s sports car

When everyone gets it out on the road, they are like “this thing is quality”

Then it breaks down and everyone is like “f**king load of s**t mate”
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Park Life wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:58 pm
Poor bloke, it must have been a very uncomfortable interview for all involved. Sorry but that face does not lie. The further into the interview the more obvious it became. He has got to tow the line, but with comments like it's everything at the moment, and the gulp after insisting he is looking forward to Saturday. It's not your fault Ade, do your best is all we can ask. It should be someone else taking the fall.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

I couldn't bring myself to watch, but I had to see the handball for myself. Was it maradonna himself?! The ref /linesmen were the usual standard :oops:
Spike

Post by Spike »

DA Mikey wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:22 pm
Interesting. I missed the handball from the other end of the pitch whilst my learned mate saw it. I assumed he had imagined it since there was no appeal whatsoever on the pitch. Talk about defeatist mentality!!
Probably frightened they might be the one who had to take it if it had been given.
Lol

Post by Lol »

Bagdhad Billy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:34 pm TbH my love is of the stadium of Dartford and I would happily attend the women’s games it might actually make me smile for the first time in a long time will come and give my support also LOL
Thanks, BB. Your support will be most welcome. Hopefully we'll get to meet up, I put the flags up so easy to find me.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

What was the point in making a song and dance when the officials were quite obviously crap.
All the complaints to them over the hand ball would have been by-the-by.🎯🤨
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Lol wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:24 pm I appreciate this could well be in the wrong thread, but here goes: reading through, there is a lot of justified criticism of the 1st team (players and performance). As we near the end of a dismal season for them, we are also nearing the end of what could be a very successful season for our Women's team. Currently sitting on top of their league and two Cup finals to look forward to. Please would you consider watching the ladies and cheering them on? Team spirit amongst them is second to none and they really deserve as much support as possible whilst wearing the Dartford shirt. Upcoming fixtures:
7th April. Fulham (a) @ Craven Cottage.Ko 14:30 Coaches from Princes Park. Book coach here: https://t.co/nDaZ7bpWse
17th April. Ebbsfleet (h) 19:45
21st April. League Cup final v Saltdean @ The Gallagher Stadium, Maidstone. 14:30
28th April. Dorking (h) 15:00
2nd May. Kent Cup final v Aylesford @ The Gallagher Stadium, Maidstone. 19:45
5th May. Crawley (a) 13:30 Last game of the season.
Hope to see as many of you there as possible. If you don't try, you will never know.
Thanks.
Well done to them sounds like a fantastic season! Hope they win the lot!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Blimey, that was hard going and I only saw eight minutes.
You got to admire Pennock's enthusiasm for the game and the next match. It's either that or he's Barking.
I'm normally enthusiastic myself, but Havant on Saturday?
I would be Barking. :roll: