Fumnaya Shomotun (Sub)
No votes
Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 19

Dart of Herts

Re: Chelmsford City v Dartford Fri 29 Mar 2024

Post by Dart of Herts »

I have one positive from today. The lads did look like they wanted it more than the last game I was at (Taunton).

Aside from that, we were outclassed today. I couldn’t discern a game plan from us, while Chelmsford seemed to know what they were doing as a team as soon as they won the ball (or the several dozen times we gave it straight to them).

We’ve relied so heavily on individual quality this season, it really exposes us against sides that can deal with it. Barzey looked decent and we can only hope that will produce more chances against weaker sides. He’ll have to finish them by himself though…
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Mark Sweet wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:03 pm Yeah I forgot everyone's got to be positive on here despite the absolute state the club is in. How dare I express some negativity.

Not like the players give a shit so why should I.
Where there’s still a chance of avoiding the drop I think we all have to stay positive, otherwise what’s the point of it all ? Yes I think we all know it’s going to take a small miracle to stay up , so why keep beating yourself up about it ?
KentC

Post by KentC »

Mark Sweet wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:03 pm Yeah I forgot everyone's got to be positive on here despite the absolute state the club is in. How dare I express some negativity.

Because you’re a Dartford supporter, through thick and thin right?
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

KentC wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 pm

Yes, and it's impossible not to care hence the posts.
It's a shame none of the players care though unbelievably frustrating.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Mark Sweet wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:53 pm

Have you surveyed all the players asking them if they care?
KentC

Post by KentC »

Mark I agree that some, and I mean a few at best, don’t care and are frikin lazy. There was one player in particular today who was lazy as hell, completely ineffective and was more of a hinderance though he seems to get a feee ride.

However to say none if the players care is completely inaccurate and an insult to the ones giving everything and are no doubt hurting.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

On to Monday then. It won't be the end of the world if we fail to beat Eastbourne but it's definitely a fixture we dare not lose.
Borough were reduced to 10 men in the 26th minute, then in the 53rd they were down to 9.
They must have put up one hell of a fight in search of an equaliser until Maidstone got their third in the 85th minute. As for the 4th and 5th goals I'm reading nothing into that. The game was already gone at 3-1 down and they would have been focusing on the next game.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

KentC wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 pm

Mark I agree that some, and I mean a few at best, don’t care and are frikin lazy. There was one player in particular today who was lazy as hell, completely ineffective and was more of a hinderance though he seems to get a feee ride.

However to say none if the players care is completely inaccurate and an insult to the ones giving everything and are no doubt hurting.

That's fair, frustration getting the better of me once again. You're right that there are some that do care and I hope by some miracle they're able to give us a fighting chance.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

I think they do care….it’s just NONE of them are good enough for Dartford fc or this league! It’s a simple equation much as football is a simple game!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Hitchin Dart79 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 pm I think they do care….it’s just NONE of them are good enough for Dartford fc or this league! It’s a simple equation much as football is a simple game!
Quite right. I highlighted a couple of weeks ago the very frequent conflicting posts about player effort vs. apathy.
Our team are likely trying just as hard as any other in this league, but the quality simply isn’t there.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I agree about the quality of our players.
Most of them are trying but it is like an average championship team playing in the Premier league.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Looking as though we may be in a three way fight for one place of safety. Truro's late winner against Slough has given them a very big boost. Choose two for relegation from Eastbourne, Taunton and us. No pressure on Monday, then.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Grassbank wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:57 pm Looking as though we may be in a three way fight for one place of safety. Truro's late winner against Slough has given them a very big boost. Choose two for relegation from Eastbourne, Taunton and us. No pressure on Monday, then.
And the odds ain’t looking good, regardless of the result against Eastbourne. I’m thinking the only thing that could save us is off the pitch shenanigans at other clubs.
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

First half was very disappointing as when we did have possession in open play and from set pieces, we gave it away far too easily.
Whilst we competed Chelmsford put together some good moves and deserved their half time lead.

Second half we started well, pulled one back and for a decent period were well in the game and i started to believe we might get something.
Unfortunately we ran out of steam and conceded two goals late on and can have no complaints that Chelmsford deserved their win.
No real surprise as in all honesty a game that we were not expected to get anything from.

From what I've seen (especially this week) the players haven't given up and are still giving it a go, maybe some not performing to their best but i haven't seen anything yet to suggest they don't care and aren't trying and all the while that's the case, they will get my backing.

Nelson had a decent game, Rooney and Byrne steady but MOTM for me was Barzey.

Onto Eastbourne Monday where it's not a must win game, especially if all the others around us lose. But a game that looking at Ady's team selection today one he must have targeted.

We are still in their fighting so we need to stay positive and all the while we have a chance, it's really important we back Ady and the team and do our bit.
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Apart from Wynter we lack midfield ball winners.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Hitchin Dart79 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 pm I think they do care….it’s just NONE of them are good enough for Dartford fc or this league! It’s a simple equation much as football is a simple game!

All of them? Not a chance, this is based on what I see, 99% of them. Yes more than likely. I actually feel sorry for quite a few of them I know it must hurt.
I agree we’re simply not good enough.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

KentC wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 pm

All of them? Not a chance, this is based on what I see, 99% of them. Yes more than likely. I actually feel sorry for quite a few of them I know it must hurt.
I agree we’re simply not good enough.
They are getting good money playing at a level that’s above their ability so not sure I feel any sympathy for them! They can always give their money back based on performances if they so wish?!?
Spike

Post by Spike »

I don't know why it is so difficult for people to understand that you CAN and DO say whatever you like on here, but that doesn't mean other people have to agree with you. I think your recent posts are unhelpful, pointless and counter productive but that doesn't stop you from posting, does it? Or are you actually the one who is saying that others don't have a right to respond and disagree with you? We are in a right mess and it looks very likely that we will get relegated. Do you honestly think that people on here don't know that? Of course we do. The difference between your posts and the vast majority is that most of us acknowledge that this squad is all we have at the moment and that as supporters of the club who desperately want to avoid the drop, the best chance we have is to all pull together in the hope that we can somehow scrape over the line. Constantly restating the obvious deficiencies isn't going to help. We are all frustrated and disappointed, but if we can somehow do our bit to help drag our team over the line then that would be fantastic and we can hold the inquest afterwards. Carry on with the Captain Obvious negativity if you want to, but don't expect those of us that care not to fire back at you.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

We must give ourselves a big chance by winning on Monday. Nothing less is needed if we are to stay up.
What else can you say.
Ade is good at talking us up and I am sure that given a bit more time he would have kept us up. But one has to fear that it is all a little late.
Still, I'm sure the lads will give it a good go.