Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes
Jack Smith (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 33

Hitchin Dart79

Re: Dartford v Hemel Hempstead Town Sat 23 Mar 2024

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Babylon wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:56 am Good luck to all those heading for Chelmsford
A ground that I am not fond of.
As for the match ...well only a win will do
But after watching yesterday's drama
against a team who had lost 7 in a row. I am not brimming with confidence.
Yeah take your binoculars with you! Shithole place
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Lars Resort wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:53 am Ah, Rick. You know how to spoil the day.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KentC

Post by KentC »

My take on it.

We missed several decent chances including a one v one inside the box and a free header both just before half time. Then early in the second half another glorious opportunity snatched across goal that somehow seemed harder to do.
They had a period of play in the second half but they’re a very poor team and I thought even at this point every time we went forward we could score, they were worse defensively than they were going forward.
It’s not nice to say but there are one or two that do not give their all, I don’t care it’s not Lee Noble, Elliot Bradbook and so on, players who lived and breathed Dartford FC and cared massively about the club. These players should be doing it for themselves of course but also the club who pay them and the supporters who dedicate themselves to them and support them as a team and individually. Some of them pull out of 50/50s, lose the ball and jog back, get shoved off the ball and don’t sprint back.
I’m not naming anyone, look at it and you’ll see it, it’s right in front of us.
It’s really important I stress that it’s not the majority it’s just one or two but that’s one or two too many and it’s impossible for the guys giving it all to compensate for that.
Alex Wall an example, not my favourite player and I don’t think he’s great but I was on the half way line by the dugout in the first half. His reaction to their goal was to furiously call someone out, then as soon as we kicked off he’s charging forward at their defence putting his body in. You could see how gutted he was in his face. Will this keep us up, probably not, but he’s fighting whatever his limitations are on his effectiveness of games. I can forgive people who give it all.

This was probably the worst team we’re going to play, I’ve seen Eastbourne a few times even recently and they’re not bad at the moment (my son lives there).

Well done Ade on the new players, but Olly was stuck out on the wing, totally ineffective. I’ve no idea what style of striker he is but I’m hoping one that plays on the last defender and gets in behind and can get a decent strike on goal when the ball comes his way.

I appreciate AP is doing all he can and perhaps 10 games ago he’d be able to have an effect and pull it out of the bag, I think it’s too late even for him to do much.
Only thing a little negative on him is considering his excellent experience I wish he’d be more vocal during the game.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Harry wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:37 am A point in the right direction but definitely an opportunity to gain all three.
All three new players performed well I thought. Was hoping the striker would go up top and play with Wall, he is quick so will cause problems. I hope when Greenidge is back he plays those two up front as a pair.

Still all very much to play for but I do feel we need to let the handbrake off and go for it in the last ten to fifteen minutes, with the decent numbers in the crowd yesterday it could have been made more difficult for Hemel had we been pushing for the winner.

Coulson looked injured or not interested yesterday not up to his usual standards.

We still have to play Truro twice and Eastbourne, I can see us making things difficult for Chelmsford so we still have games where we can get points.
Best post of the lot this, we’ll said Harry, spot on with every one of your points. Got to remain positive though it will be tough. One game at a time - bring on Truro Tuesday night.

As for the game, Coulson had possibly his worst game for us all season. Otherwise he’s been superb for us. As skipper he needs to stand up for us from here on in.

Two centre halves superb as was Block. Shomitun tricky, the new lad up top woefully out of position and Tyler did well in midfield.

Great to have an atmosphere back at the Park. Let’s roar the lads on to the very end. COYD’s 👊
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Previous posts have summed up the game but how we missed having half of our entire attacking options unavailable.
No Box, Barzey or Greenidge and all for different reasons really made it difficult for Ade as Shomotun caused them problems but was the only natural wide attacking option we had. No other attacking options either to come off the bench showed how we really need these guys back asap as i'm sure they would have made a difference.

I thought Greenidge would only have got a one match ban but Ade said in his interview he's got 2 games?
Barzey on international duty but i can't find any results or fixtures for Montserrat?
Box i know was injured but doesn't sound too serious so hoping he'll be back soon.

Credit to Ade for strengthening the squad with the three new signings and the club with the free under 18 admission which boosted the crowd and made for a good atmosphere.

We are in a real fight for our NLS status.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Liked the reaction to our equaliser from Ollie Bray 👍👍🙂🙂
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Agree that we were light on Wingers and target men but dont understand why Coulson didnt play wide left , Shotomun wide right with Wall and Bray in centre [ ready for crosses] as Coulson and Bray totally ineffective in the No10 and wide right roles they were given ?????????

also Allen only brought on after 80 minutes ?????????????
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Park Life wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:41 pm Previous posts have summed up the game but how we missed having half of our entire attacking options unavailable.
No Box, Barzey or Greenidge and all for different reasons really made it difficult for Ade as Shomotun caused them problems but was the only natural wide attacking option we had. No other attacking options either to come off the bench showed how we really need these guys back asap as i'm sure they would have made a difference.

I thought Greenidge would only have got a one match ban but Ade said in his interview he's got 2 games?
Barzey on international duty but i can't find any results or fixtures for Montserrat?
Box i know was injured but doesn't sound too serious so hoping he'll be back soon.

Credit to Ade for strengthening the squad with the three new signings and the club with the free under 18 admission which boosted the crowd and made for a good atmosphere.

We are in a real fight for our NLS status.
Montserrat are at a winter training camp in Spain in preparation for their forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Nicaragua and Panama. They played a local team, Club Costa City, last Thursday beating them 4-0 with Barzey scored one of the goals. Club Costa City are owned by Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez who also had a spell at Chelsea a couple of years ago. Montserrat I have discovered have been managed by Lee Bowyer since last September.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/3a21 ... mjwIwy5C3M
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Thanks TFW
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

From all of the six minutes of highlights that I saw and with the wooden beams obstructing the viewing I thought Fumnaya was very unlucky not to be on the scoresheet. :)
Other than that it was another day at the office. 2 points dropped.