Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes
Jack Smith (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 33

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: Dartford v Hemel Hempstead Town Sat 23 Mar 2024

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Eagle88 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:21 pm Rick. Twitter gave the Attendance as 1010 You have 1310 whicih is correct?
I’d say fer sure it was 1310. Glad to see the yoof back and in good voice and on best behaviour.

Looked good for twenty mins today. First ten, and ten in the second half when we scored. Apart from that, usual shit. Not good enough and the straws we’re clutching at are getting shorter and shorter. Ain’t much else to say.
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

Positives
Good crowd and better atmosphere, we didn’t lose and many around us did ! 3 new players in the team will take time to gel but some positive signs from some of the team today.

Negatives
Queue at the bar very long (nice to see for a change lol), we equalised and then seemed to sit back a little too much. Fitness coach needs to work on fitness as the last 10 mins we seemed really leggy.

One last thing, Wall wasn’t great however with us being in so much trouble us supporters really need to get behind the whole team including Wall as it might just inspire the kind of performances he gave us against Ebsfleet last season.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Agreed , Rooney clearly MOTM but Nelson also played well , Of the 3 new recruits , GK looked solid , left back faded after a bright start , NOT as good as the the loanee whose gone back to Kings Lynn and our new striker [ crazily] played on the right wing , be better 1 up top [ him] with Luke Allen in No10 role

Same old story of missed chances but defence looking better !!!

Shomotun started well at the Darts but he is now fiddling and f....g about instead of doing the basic things he is good at !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turned out to be a decent point as all others around messed up today , so still in with a chance ???????
Clare

Post by Clare »

rick wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:24 pm I'll also add this in here as it was posted in "Player News".

Re: Player news
Post by Clare » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:04 pm

50/50 Winning number 10604 £235
Golden goal 34 minutes
Thanks Rick! My head all over the place today! Have deleted the other one!
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Home form has done for us. Just not good enough no home win for 4 months. Maybe 4 away games (top two are two of those games) out of the remaining 7 is a blessing?!? Maybe I’m just clutching at some rather large straws!?
KentC

Post by KentC »

Hitchin Dart79 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:08 pm Home form has done for us. Just not good enough no home win for 4 months. Maybe 4 away games (top two are two of those games) out of the remaining 7 is a blessing?!? Maybe I’m just clutching at some rather large straws!?

I thought I’ve used all the straws available.
Nothing wrong wrong with trying to be positive HD.
Spike

Post by Spike »

I disagree with Ady, in my opinion this wasn't a point gained, it was 2 pts lost. We have to finish higher than 4 clubs and Hemel were one of the few that were in reach. They were in a stinking run of form and let's be honest, were undoubtedly one of our best (if not THE best) chances of actually winning a game. Looking at the remaining fixtures, I expect all the clubs above us to finish on more than 50 points along with Eastbourne too. We need AT LEAST 4 wins to give ourselves even a sniff on 51, which I personally believe probably won't be enough. We can't afford to be pleased with a point at home against the worst form team in the league (bar ourselves). Where was the rallying cry at the end, the rousing finish as we pressed to get the win? It didn't happen, we just fizzled out. Personally I was bitterly disappointed by today's anti-climactic game.

There were positives going into the game, 3 new players, great initiatives by the board resulting in a huge increase on the gate, good atmosphere, but in the end it was the same old story ... start well, squander chances, lose control and fall behind. True, Ady is making progress, and we did at least pull something out of the fire and of course a point is better than nothing, but I was disappointed with the body language of some of our more experienced players as heads went down too easily and they didn't look up for the fight.

If we had 20 games to go I would look upon today's draw as stopping the rot and maybe a good stepping stone leading to better things, but quite frankly we don't have time for all that as we have to find a way to finish above 4 other teams. We had one in our sights today and let them slip away. If we drew our remaining 7 games we would likely finish below everybody except Dover, that is the reality. Draws are no good to us! Every drawn game is another nail in the relegation coffin. I will of course be at Gloucester for the Truro game where a draw will not be a good result and we simply have to find a way to win.

As for MOTM, the Rooney / Nelson partnership is looking solid and Rooney was comfortably my pick for the day. Shout out too, to Byrne in goal who made a confident start and looked competent and assured, a big improvement.
Last edited by Spike on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kermo18

Post by Kermo18 »

If we are being brutally honest i think it’s fair to say the 3 new lads aren’t the answer to keeping us up. The fella up top looked lost.
Has to go down as 2 points dropped, negative tactics and a
Woeful bench.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

We worked and tried hard but with no real quality up front to put the ball in the net we were always going to struggle to get the 3 points. Hemel were better than I expected and when they nicked a goal I thought Hastag utd here we come. Paul Rooney not a great footballer but he gives 100% got us back from the dead and we might have won with a decent forward. The new lad upfront seemed a bit lost and out of position and I would rather play Tony Burman at centre forward than you know who. Was Dowse at the game, his sidekick the former Millwall man seemed to be in charge of Hemel and no doubt pleased with a point. I'm not expecting anything from Chelmsford but Truro away and Eastbourne home will decide our fate.
Colspaz

Post by Colspaz »

We started well again but confidence is so low that after not getting an early goal, it was odds on that we would fall behind before halftime, Rooney and block were the best two players for us today.
Off to Saltdean to support the women today hopefully they can get the 3 points.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I was with you up to the 4 wins bit Spike.. We were in a very good position with the last nine games in front of us and what have we had? One win, one draw.
Hardly inspiring, hardly survival material. And with our last games coming up hardly achievable.
Confidence at an all time low since getting into the NLS.
Not looking good.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

tommytollbooth wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 am We worked and tried hard but with no real quality up front to put the ball in the net we were always going to struggle to get the 3 points. Hemel were better than I expected and when they nicked a goal I thought Hastag utd here we come. Paul Rooney not a great footballer but he gives 100% got us back from the dead and we might have won with a decent forward. The new lad upfront seemed a bit lost and out of position and I would rather play Tony Burman at centre forward than you know who. Was Dowse at the game, his sidekick the former Millwall man seemed to be in charge of Hemel and no doubt pleased with a point. I'm not expecting anything from Chelmsford but Truro away and Eastbourne home will decide our fate.
Dowse was serving a one match touchline ban.
Harry

Post by Harry »

A point in the right direction but definitely an opportunity to gain all three.
All three new players performed well I thought. Was hoping the striker would go up top and play with Wall, he is quick so will cause problems. I hope when Greenidge is back he plays those two up front as a pair.

Still all very much to play for but I do feel we need to let the handbrake off and go for it in the last ten to fifteen minutes, with the decent numbers in the crowd yesterday it could have been made more difficult for Hemel had we been pushing for the winner.

Coulson looked injured or not interested yesterday not up to his usual standards.

We still have to play Truro twice and Eastbourne, I can see us making things difficult for Chelmsford so we still have games where we can get points.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Ah, Rick. You know how to spoil the day.
Aprouddart

Post by Aprouddart »

Agree with Spike. A must win game and we only manage a draw, which in the circumstances almost feels like a loss.
In truth we didn't deserve any more than the draw.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Looking at our last seven games I see 4-6 points. Unless our form and more importantly, finishing improves we are done for.
I'd like to think I'm wrong, but.....
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Wall was dreadful.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Good luck to all those heading for Chelmsford
A ground that I am not fond of.
As for the match ...well only a win will do
But after watching yesterday's drama
against a team who had lost 7 in a row. I am not brimming with confidence.