Last 10 games

Ajaxman DFC

Re: Last 10 games

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

The current form guide has Eastbourne in 16th and us in 22nd place.
They have been improving and like us, before the Torquay debacle, were only losing by the odd goal and now they've started reversing those 0-1 score lines.
Even more concerning, their next 2 games are both at home and they're not up against promotion contenders either. They are very winnable games.
DOVER and TAUNTON.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Lars Resort wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:26 am Our last 5 home games in the NLS for me and I damned if I will be attending the HH game as I couldn't put up with seeing that guy again at PP.
I can't bear the fact that he could get a long awaited win, such is the mess he left our club in.
Hopefully by then he may have a similar mess at HH by then.
Serious question - Should Dowse be allowed in to PP when we play Hemel? After all we are paying him off (have paid him off) and my reading of it is, if he is working for 'nothing' at Hemel then there must be something in his contract, or termination agreement, that he can't work this season SO how can he come along to the people who are paying him to plot their downfall? It is quite clear from all his whingeing interviews that he has different morals to all of us and a different take on loyalty (how many players would love to throw Dowse under the bus)
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Taunton Dart wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:06 am
Lars Resort wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:26 am Our last 5 home games in the NLS for me and I damned if I will be attending the HH game as I couldn't put up with seeing that guy again at PP.
I can't bear the fact that he could get a long awaited win, such is the mess he left our club in.
Hopefully by then he may have a similar mess at HH by then.
Serious question - Should Dowse be allowed in to PP when we play Hemel? After all we are paying him off (have paid him off) and my reading of it is, if he is working for 'nothing' at Hemel then there must be something in his contract, or termination agreement, that he can't work this season SO how can he come along to the people who are paying him to plot their downfall? It is quite clear from all his whingeing interviews that he has different morals to all of us and a different take on loyalty (how many players would love to throw Dowse under the bus)
If The Clown turns up - then Ade’s team talk is done for him! If the players can’t step up to embarrass Dowson, then we’re truly fked.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Throwing him under the bus sounds good.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Looking at the NLS form over the last 5 games - we have picked up just one point, so have Dover. The only team with a worse record than that, with 5 straight defeats, is Hemel Hempstead......just saying
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

The Hemel game coincides with Non-League day. The club should make an effort to get as many through the gate as possible and wouldn't it be nice to get one over the old gaffer.
Sleightly Deceptive

Jonty wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:15 pm The Hemel game coincides with Non-League day. The club should make an effort to get as many through the gate as possible and wouldn't it be nice to get one over the old gaffer.
Don’t hold your breath.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

That’s the easy start (prediction-wise) out of the way.
Next up is our first - and penultimate- win of the last ten games.
Not sure where “the goal” comes from though :|
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

May I ask that wherever we end up can we get back into our proper WHITE shirts and not the silly fashion accessories that we've been wearing the last two seasons.
Sleightly Deceptive

Lars Resort wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:53 pm May I ask that wherever we end up can we get back into our proper WHITE shirts and not the silly fashion accessories that we've been wearing the last two seasons.
Amen to that!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

You pair of old farts!! Get with it, us youngsters rule!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Blimey M1, next you'll be wanting an off the shoulder garment 😁
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

With a little lace
Sleightly Deceptive

M1 South wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:12 pm You pair of old farts!! Get with it, us youngsters rule!!
😂
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

Lars Resort wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:53 pm May I ask that wherever we end up can we get back into our proper WHITE shirts and not the silly fashion accessories that we've been wearing the last two seasons.
If we get them from Asda we can kit out the whole team for under £30
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Job done. :x
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Verily, the meagre prediction for our last ten games has already gone wrong for the worse. Perhaps instead of eight points, two points is more realistic. It’s strange, because to me our team doesn’t look that bad, but maybe it goes to show what a wretched habit losing can be.
Big fish in little pond next season.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Had us down for three points at this stage - we’ve managed two.
Monday’s game I predicted a win which feels very ambitious.
Truro have surely saved themselves as they now look for about 5 points from ten games whilst we need about 10 points from five games (title winning form). Dover have gone today, they have had three utterly miserable seasons on the trot.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Dover and out!!
Sleightly Deceptive

Start of the season I said I’d be delighted if Dover went, so I don’t have to go back to that shithole of a ground. Now it looks like we’ll be joining them!! Unthinkable back in August! 🤦‍♂️