Maxwell Statham (Sub)
No votes
Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 31

Jonty

Re: Dartford v Maidstone Utd Sat 16 Mar 2024

Post by Jonty »

I think the club are now at that point where they need to roll the dice and back the manager to brink in 4 or 5 new players. The only question is whether there are funds available and whether the club are willing to gamble circa 35/40k or however much they can afford. Would love to see reinforcements before Saturdays game.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

And just where, at this time of the season, are so many good players going to be available to bring on? Not the best time to find ways to boost the playing staff. Good luck to AP on that search
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Taunton Dart wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:57 pm And just where, at this time of the season, are so many good players going to be available to bring on? Not the best time to find ways to boost the playing staff. Good luck to AP on that search
Maybe, we should have a word with Rod Stringer, he keeps finding them. That’s what good managers do…right. Managers are no different to players, some are just better at it than others.

It’s clear that the current crop aren’t going to make any difference, so we either take a punt or just roll over and save the money for next season’s budget. I really think the board need to make the call or perhaps they already have!
KentC

Post by KentC »

In my opinion

I thought Blocky did very well and AP took him off
I thought Barzey was excellent, he took him off.

I still think we played very well in the first half and was a tad unlucky.
We’re crying out for a finisher, not the first time we have more than several very good opportunities and we get nowhere.
I don’t care what type of player, a big strong tall target man type or a nippy 9.
We’re crying out for a goal scorer.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Jonty wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:11 pm
Taunton Dart wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:57 pm And just where, at this time of the season, are so many good players going to be available to bring on? Not the best time to find ways to boost the playing staff. Good luck to AP on that search
Maybe, we should have a word with Rod Stringer, he keeps finding them. That’s what good managers do…right. Managers are no different to players, some are just better at it than others.

It’s clear that the current crop aren’t going to make any difference, so we either take a punt or just roll over and save the money for next season’s budget. I really think the board need to make the call or perhaps they already have!

Forgive me for stating the obvious but this season doesn’t have to be over, there are more than enough points to play for.
The biggest problem is obviously picking up results like Welling and now bloody Eastbourne have shown up.
Need a goal scorer, if we were 2 up Saturday and we could of been it’s a different game and perhaps we don’t defend poorly for their goal and Billy doesn’t need to make that challenge and get sent off.
It’s still alive but we’ve got to respond as a club and the Manager
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

We should get Steve King back pronto jonty.
Thought Barzey looked knackered and Blocky played okay but still catching up on fitness maybe.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Spike wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:09 pm Just watched the sending off incident. I don't think we'll be mounting an appeal.
Agreed, I hoped I saw it differently as the balls direction gave me hope Billy touched it but it seems he didn’t.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Lars Resort wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:26 pm We should get Steve King back pronto jonty.
Thought Barzey looked knackered and Blocky played okay but still catching up on fitness maybe.

You maybe right on the fitness thing
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Billy wasn't even close to getting the ball. Bloody awful challenge.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

I think that Blocky has been substituted in every game he has played recently. He certainly came off in the game at Torquay where he was my MOTM - I would imagine that he isn't fully fit and his minutes are being managed
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Taunton Dart wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:29 pm I think that Blocky has been substituted in every game he has played recently. He certainly came off in the game at Torquay where he was my MOTM - I would imagine that he isn't fully fit and his minutes are being managed
In fairness he has only recently become extant.
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

Looking at the remaining Fixtures, 4 at Home of which 3 are against Lower Teams plus Worthing and 4 away including Yeovil and Chelmsford Top 2 and 2 against lower Teams. Some are must win Games now, those 3 at Home and 1 or 2 away if poss and if we can nick anything from the 3 near the Top, desperate times.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Report: Stones beat 10-man Darts in derby

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ne-303529/

Dartford 0 Maidstone United 2 match report:
Goals from Liam Sole and Jephte Tanga give Stones the points while Darts keeper Billy Terrell sees red

Maidstone completed the double over Dartford to leave Ady Pennock waiting for his first points as manager.

Liam Sole broke the deadlock in first-half injury-time and Jephte Tanga added a late second after Darts keeper Billy Terrell had been sent off for taking down Mo Faal.

Darts were the better side in the first half but couldn’t make it count and stay in the National League South bottom four after a third successive defeat for new boss Pennock.

United, meanwhile, move back into the play-off places after back-to-back wins.

Darts wideman Brandon Barzey caused plenty of problems down the right in the first half with his pace, trickery and crossing ability.

Maidstone couldn’t deal with him at times and it was harsh on Pennock’s side when United pinched a half-time lead.

Luke Coulson was effective in the the middle of the park for Dartford, playing an early ball into the path of Barzey and it took a well-timed challenge by Harry Kyprianou to deny him.

Coulson’s 25-yard drive, after space opened up, was comfortably dealt with by Lucas Covolan while the Stones keeper was alert to keep out Jordan Greenidge from Fumnaya Shomotun’s cross.

In other openings, a terrific Barzey cross was crying out for a connection and Barzey himself fired wide of the far post after breaking into the box.

Maidstone didn’t feature much as an attacking force in the first half.

Matt Bentley, an early substitute for the injured Jacob Berkeley-Agyepong, worked Terrell from a Matt Rush lay-off, while Terrell came out of his goal to shut down the angle for Mo Faal after meeting Bivesh Gurung’s ball over the top.

Maidstone took the lead in first-half added time, though, with Sole picking up possession and cutting inside before firing into the roof of the net from the edge of the box.

The visitors had a man advantage on 55 minutes after Terrell saw red for bringing down Faal.

He had little choice but to come out of his area after Sam Corne’s ball turned defence into attack and sent Faal through all on his own.

Shomotun was the outfield player to make way for substitute keeper Tom Wray.

Tom Clifford’s excellent challenge snuffed out a chance for Matt Rush as Maidstone looked to kill off the game.

United’s second, with Corne starting the move, arrived 10 minutes from time.

It was a well-worked goal with Faal chesting down Paul Appiah’s pass and feeding Rush out wide.

Rush crossed to the back post and Tanga was there to squeeze the ball home from a tight angle.

Dartford: Terrell, Wynter, Block (Statham 75mins), Coulson, Rooney, Barzey (Wall 78mins), Shomotun (Wray 56mins), Maloney, J Greenidge, Clifford, Nelson. Subs: Allen, Box.

Maidstone: Covolan, R Greenidge, Berkeley-Agyepong (Bentley 11mins), Corne, Faal, Kyprianou, Appiah, Sole, Tanga, Gurung, Rush. Subs: Ezennolim, Court, Earle, Smith.

Referee: Adrian George.

Attendance: 1,657.
Last edited by Park Life on Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

I take it this is a typo?: "Report: Stones beat 10-man Farts in derby" :lol:
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

rick wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:13 am I take it this is a typo?: "Report: Stones beat 10-man Farts in derby" :lol:
It was, my error 🤣🤣
I've amended it now....