Maxwell Statham (Sub)
No votes
Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 31

KentC

Re: Dartford v Maidstone Utd Sat 16 Mar 2024

Post by KentC »

I was side on view from the dug out, my initial reaction was he got the ball. I can be wrong but that was my immediate thought.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I thought Beeney did enough esp with penalty save v Weston at home to keep the jersey,we all see things different but Parklife u on terraces never rated him , that’s fair u was not alone but would he have grown and provided stability in most important position on the park? Instead fee games left we scrabbling around for a keeper that can’t get a game anywhere else or one that plays for charlton embryos
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Brandon, as long as the players keep giving it their all the fans will stick with you.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:14 pm I thought Beeney did enough esp with penalty save v Weston at home to keep the jersey,we all see things different but Parklife u on terraces never rated him , that’s fair u was not alone but would he have grown and provided stability in most important position on the park? Instead fee games left we scrabbling around for a keeper that can’t get a game anywhere else or one that plays for charlton embryos
The Buffoon brought Beeney to the club as his number one, dropped him after the first game and brought a loan keeper in.
Not exactly a glowing endorsement.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Very good interview from Ade but you are wrong about the goal being scored with 5 seconds left, it was actually 2 seconds left
I was flitting from scoreboard to play with 10 seconds left of 3 minutes extra time 😀
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

Thought we did OK first Half, could have had a couple but switched off on Half Time. Afraid Greenidge didn't look a threat up front but he was isolated without a partner, think for next season we need to sign natural Goal Scorers with Pace, we have had a number of Giants up there this season and it just hasn't worked. Thought the Back 3 Central Defenders played well and didn't give much away.
If that was the difference between Top and Bottom, then there isn't much in it.
A Question how many times since we were Relegated from the Top League, have we reached the Play Offs ?
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

KentC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:35 pm
Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:15 pm
Spike wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:11 pm Stumpy, I fear you may have opened a can of worms that you may regret
I don't have that same fear. They're are enough people on here that know not what they talk about to keep me entertained. I can accept Dartford are a shit side... but I won't be here next season to suffer it.

You don’t have to suffer it now unless youre Billys carer
It's a little thing called 'support'. Thanks for stopping by, though.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

danson7park wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:30 pm A Question how many times since we were Relegated from the Top League, have we reached the Play Offs ?
Looking at my website which no one looks at:
2014-2015 - Relegated back to NLS
2015-2016 - 8th in NLS
2016-2017 - Play offs
2017-2018 - Play offs
2018-2019 - Finished 10th in NLS. Last 8 games. 5 points out of 24.
2019-2020 - Play offs
2020-2021 (null and void)
2021-2022 - Play offs
2022-2023 - Play offs
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

KentC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:38 pm
KentC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:35 pm
Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:15 pm

I don't have that same fear. They're are enough people on here that know not what they talk about to keep me entertained. I can accept Dartford are a shit side... but I won't be here next season to suffer it.

You don’t have to suffer it now unless youre Billys carer
Or you’re Billy
Ooo.... mature
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

rick wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:02 pm
danson7park wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:30 pm A Question how many times since we were Relegated from the Top League, have we reached the Play Offs ?
2015-2016 - 8th in NLS
2016-2017 - Play offs
2017-2018 - Play offs
2019-2020 - Play offs
2021-2022 - Play offs
2022-2023 - Play offs
Wow! That post highlights quite a lot! Quite a lot that is rotten right now. We really do need a clean sweep from top to bottom. I’m resigned to IPL next season and even relishing it as we are ‘bound’ to kick ass and return to where, in my humble opinion, we currently belong. NLS. I wish i hadn’t broken my Time Machine. I’d FF to summer right now!!
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:40 pm
Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:29 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:18 pm Red card Terrell.
Sub:-
Wray for Shomotun.

The goalkeeper position has been a liability for months and why we never sorted it out is beyond me.
You do chat shit, Fella. The entire side is a liability but you want to highlight one position. Well done 👏
I understand why you would defend Billy as you've said your related and i would do exactly the same.

I agree there are issues elsewhere but imo the goalkeeping position is vital but it has been an issue for us all season. We've tried numerous keepers which is never a good thing for them or the team but other than the 9 games Sandford played, i don't think we've got it right.

As for Billy, of course EVERYBODY wants him to do well. I genuinely wish the best for him and on our recent visit to Dover they spoke very highly of him and i'm sure he will have a very good career and may play at a higher level than we ever achieve. But i can only judge on what i see at our games and i don't think it will do any good going into details. But if i'm being honest, in the current circumstances i don't think it's good situation for Billy or DFC.
Respectfully, I'll have to disagree. You might have the best 'keeper on the planet with the best defence in front of him. Without goals you'll get nowhere.

Goalscorers are vital, without them, you don't win games, gain the required points and end up relegated. Sound familiar?
Sleightly Deceptive

Not sure why Billy is being singled out. I wasn’t there today so can’t comment on his red card. But that’s the risk being a keeper innit? I’ve seen Billy being quite useful more than the opposite. The problem is, how the f*ck we allowed Dan Wilks to ‘walk away’. He was one of the best keepers I’ve seen at this level and above. It all collapsed around then and we lost Tom t’boot. The spine of the team. That should never have been allowed to happen!
Kermo18

Post by Kermo18 »

The keeper has cost us too many points this season. Not doubting his ability or if his career will go on from here but s relegation battle seems to be a level above him.
Hopefully his loan is cancelled and an experienced keeper can come in for the run in.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of forwards come in before Saturday too. Greenidge will suspended, ikambi
Has gone and wall is…….
Another game where Olly box hasn’t been used.
Also not sure on the need to waste a sub on a right back for a right back when we were chasing the game.
MickW

Post by MickW »

It's pretty much all been said but in the first half we came so close to scoring I thought it might be our day.
I see a team working hard and really putting in a shift but we need a.bit of luck or extra quality to turn the good play we achieve into goals. If and when that happens we may see a team to be proud of (I live in hope).
The ref was something else and I'd be very happy never to see him again.
I did find the substitutions a bit weird- did Block have an issue? If not what was the point of taking him off for another full back offering nothing different? And then we end up with 2 big strikers and no wingers to hit them.
I would be happier to see radical changes if we are losing and not coming close to breaking through as was our situation in the second half - goal difference isn't going to save us we need to roll the dice like you would in a cup game.
Looking forward to the next game - I still believe.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:28 pm Not sure why Billy is being singled out. I wasn’t there today so can’t comment on his red card. But that’s the risk being a keeper innit? I’ve seen Billy being quite useful more than the opposite. The problem is, how the f*ck we allowed Dan Wilks to ‘walk away’. He was one of the best keepers I’ve seen at this level and above. It all collapsed around then and we lost Tom t’boot. The spine of the team. That should never have been allowed to happen!
Because, unfortunately, when a team is in distress, everybody wants to lay the blame somewhere.... and the 'keeper is an easy target, always has been. Look at todays first goal, their fella ghosts into the box from the right, unchallenged, not closed down, and is given a free hit to smash it in.... and somebody on here intimates Billy should have done better. Laughable.

They forget about the good things keepers do to keep you in games and give you a sniff at getting something.

Look at the bigger picture, people. It's staring you in the face.

The irony that they call themselves 'supporters'.....
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Kermo18 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:34 pm The keeper has cost us too many points this season. Not doubting his ability or if his career will go on from here but s relegation battle seems to be a level above him.
Hopefully his loan is cancelled and an experienced keeper can come in for the run in.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of forwards come in before Saturday too. Greenidge will suspended, ikambi
Has gone and wall is…….
Another game where Olly box hasn’t been used.
Also not sure on the need to waste a sub on a right back for a right back when we were chasing the game.
How many points have the strikers cost with all the mistakes they make?
Sleightly Deceptive

Don’t stress over it Stumpy. Lots of emotion today. Billy wasn’t the problem today and hasn’t been THE problem. Collectively? Yes, he’s part of it. But singularly, many other players need to hang their heads before Billy. Keepers will only be remembered for mistakes or penalty shoot out glory. Sadly, when your team is in the mire, it’s likely to be the former because of over exposure to defensive shit! It doesn’t make him a terrible keeper overnight.
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

MickW wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:38 pm It's pretty much all been said but in the first half we came so close to scoring I thought it might be our day.
I see a team working hard and really putting in a shift but we need a.bit of luck or extra quality to turn the good play we achieve into goals. If and when that happens we may see a team to be proud of (I live in hope).
The ref was something else and I'd be very happy never to see him again.
I did find the substitutions a bit weird- did Block have an issue? If not what was the point of taking him off for another full back offering nothing different? And then we end up with 2 big strikers and no wingers to hit them.
I would be happier to see radical changes if we are losing and not coming close to breaking through as was our situation in the second half - goal difference isn't going to save us we need to roll the dice like you would in a cup game.
Looking forward to the next game - I still believe.
I thought that about the right backs. My guess is, they are still managing Blocks game time following his recent injury.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:46 pm Don’t stress over it Stumpy. Lots of emotion today. Billy wasn’t the problem today and hasn’t been THE problem. Collectively? Yes, he’s part of it. But singularly, many other players need to hang their heads before Billy. Keepers will only be remembered for mistakes or penalty shoot out glory. Sadly, when your team is in the mire, it’s likely to be the former because of over exposure to defensive shit! It doesn’t make him a terrible keeper overnight.
I do find it a little frustrating. Of course, you're right, he is part of it... but not all of it.

Hey, it is what it is and I'll still make the trip from Southampton to which ever game he next plays in.
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

rick wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:02 pm
2015-2016 - 8th in NLS
2016-2017 - Play offs
2017-2018 - Play offs
2019-2020 - Play offs
2021-2022 - Play offs
2022-2023 - Play offs
Thanks for that Rick, very Helpful, so 5 out of 7 with 1 void, so pretty consistent