Total votes: 18

Lars Resort

Re: Torquay Utd v Dartford Sat 9 Mar 2024

Post by Lars Resort »

Well, that's a good result Mark.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Spike wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:49 pm 117 Darts fans here watching this collapse.
They read out your KOL message, I could hear the pain.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Christ Welling win 1-0 at Yeovil what an appointment Rod Stringer has been for them. Our fate depends on Taunton and Truro being able to play their outstanding games.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:13 pm Won't say what I think because it's not positive and the usual suspects will pile on me. Absolute disgrace from everyone at the club, excluding the manager as its far too late for him to do anything
No mark,

Yet again…. It’s not what you say, and again, I don’t disagree with a lot you say, in fact I don’t disagree with almost everything you say.
It’s your passion and desire to start on it before the ball has been taken out the net in the game that I think is poor. It’s like you’re sitting by a keyboard and can’t wait

If your going say you’ll be piled on at least give it context

Again Mark, it’s not what it’s when and it’s every game.
Others may not have the same opinion as me and that’s fine.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

KentC wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:42 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:13 pm Won't say what I think because it's not positive and the usual suspects will pile on me. Absolute disgrace from everyone at the club, excluding the manager as its far too late for him to do anything
No mark,

Yet again…. It’s not what you say, and again, I don’t disagree with a lot you say, in fact I don’t disagree with almost everything you say.
It’s your passion and desire to start on it before the ball has been taken out the net in the game that I think is poor. It’s like you’re sitting by a keyboard and can’t wait

If your going say you’ll be piled on at least give it context

Again Mark, it’s not what it’s when and it’s every game.
Others may not have the same opinion as me and that’s fine.
I dont travel to away games, so usually have the forum open along with commentary or twitter feed.

The home games which I go to I won't be on here until after.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

No, say what you think. I've been quite because I said this was going to happen a couple of months ago. If the truth be known half time dressing room bollockings are becoming a rarity in the modern game.
Because that's what it's coming too in this country generally. You can't say anything to anyone these days without causing offence.
Then you end up with a team that lacks urgency and concentration. Combine that soft under belly with easily offended supporters turning on their own fans because it's too painful to hear certain views and that's a sure fire recipe for a club going down.
Offend, offend, offend until some good old character building true British grit has been reinstalled.
And if necessary relaunch those halftime tea cups across the changing room as nothing else seems to be working.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:48 pm
No, say what you think. I've been quite because I said this was going to happen a couple of months ago. If the truth be known half time dressing room bollockings are becoming a rarity in the modern game.
Because that's what it's coming too in this country generally. You can't say anything to anyone these days without causing offence.
Then you end up with a team that lacks urgency and concentration. Combine that soft under belly with easily offended supporters turning on their own fans because it's too painful to hear certain views and that's a sure fire recipe for a club going down.
Offend, offend, offend until some good old character building true British grit as been installed.
And if necessary relaunch those halftime tea cups across the changing room as nothing else seems to be working.

Nothing wrong with criticism and tbh it’s fully deserved at the moment and I’m quite critical myself a lot.
My only problem is when we’re still in the game. If that’s just my opinion then fine but criticism is absolutely deserved right now and I’ve not alluded to anything else.

As for Mark I genuinely agree with almost everything he says and I don’t believe he’s being unfair or wrong.

So I agree with you, say what you feel.
Look at my posts I’m as critical as anyone but I’m not knee jerk.
I think about what I say when I criticise and even if most don’t agree with me my posts arnt made on instant emotional reactions

I
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Can we start winning at home? Last home win end of November-if not we are going down anyway and deservedly so!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Taunton may have to play a lot of games in the coming weeks but the thing is they do have a tendency to win some.
And now we have Welling and Eastbourne winning too.
We are playing like a doomed side. No confidence, no quality.
The thing with Sweetie is he tells everyone the same old, same old. Week in, week out.
We all know what he's going to say. Don't tell him to say it again Ajax..
I think Pennock is our Navalny, he's either very brave or bloody daft for taking this job on.
Personally, I think he's daft. If he keeps us up all well and good. How the hell he's going to do it, who knows?
We were doomed the moment we took on that Northern clown 🤡.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I cannot believe fans are not blaming the board . They let the rot under Dowse set in till it was untreatable, then the main man took charge and was hopeless ( yet still was worshipped by a few) then employ someone with ten games to go to keep us up. Dartford is a fantastic club , are these the people to take it forward?
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:08 pm I cannot believe fans are not blaming the board . They let the rot under Dowse set in till it was untreatable, then the main man took charge and was hopeless ( yet still was worshipped by a few) then employ someone with ten games to go to keep us up. Dartford is a fantastic club , are these the people to take it forward?
The board are sound mate. Control a tightly run ship. Look at the mess of other clubs. I’m quite thankful with what we’ve got. I think we’re doomed but there’ll be a clean sweep for next season. We have charlatans playing for us at the moment, and they’ll be outed toot sweet.

Today? Again, if we don’t take our chances, we’ll be punished. And that’s what will send us down.
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:08 pm I cannot believe fans are not blaming the board . They let the rot under Dowse set in till it was untreatable, then the main man took charge and was hopeless ( yet still was worshipped by a few) then employ someone with ten games to go to keep us up. Dartford is a fantastic club , are these the people to take it forward?
100% the truth most think it many don’t say it
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

I’m confused. One week there are “Can’t fault the players’ effort” comments and the next they are spineless charlatans? It’s not easy to pinpoint the exact downfall of this season as before 2024 dawned there was no concept of relegation at all.
Can only think we have had a sub-standard team all season but some scabby victories at Aveley, Worthing and Welling flattered to deceive.
At least we are at the point now where survival would be a massive result. I remain optimistic at this point that it’s a possibility, but the head has been saying no for well over a month.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Not surprised by the result
I have followed the Darts for 66 years and I can't remember such a shambles of a so called team
Wake up you people who represent DFC
It simply ain't good enough.
The relegation trapdoor is waiting to gobble you up .
I..hope that Pennock can bring in some new recruit's because we are in deep deep do dko!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Today we were easily the better side in the first half and had four really good chances. One hit the post, one flashed across goal and on two occasions took too long to shot letting Torquay block the efforts. Torquay, in that time, looked poor with no goal threat. Tommy Block looked a different class to anybody else at the back and in my view was the best player on the pitch. Second half started and Torquay upped the tempo. They were gifted a penalty with a very clumsy challenge and within four more minutes had scored two more to put us 3-0 down. The whole complexion of the game had changed! We should have been 2 or 3 up at half-time and I think that Torquay would never have recovered. After all their only win since Christmas has been against Dover!!!

We then managed to split their defence and pull one back. The had a sweeping move that led to another goal, only to see the linesman, trailing in the wake of the play to flag for an off-side!! Torquay the had another goal to put the icing on their cake. The home celebrations afterwards suggested they were riding the crest of the wave at the top of the table and were on the verge of winning the title!!

Tale of two halves, and we should have been out of sight at halftime! Tommy Block and Tom Clifford were impressive in defence but as a collective the defence lacks a leader to organise and motivate and there are too many basic errors that lead to gifting chances to the opposition. From the limited matches that I have seen this season this was a more impressive performance with structure going forward - just no clinical finishing on view today. Defence is a different problem - it just shows how well we were served by Tom Bonner and Connor Essam last season.

Confidence, unsurprisingly, low and this reflected in the collective reaction to the first goal going in, Three goals in four minutes is going to turn any game on its head
old git

Post by old git »

We are not down until we are down. Lets try to keep positive. Unfortunately it shows what a massive job AP has on his hands.
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

The blame is squarely with the board…..but as the usual old boys say “it’s ok because Dave and the boys are old school”
The writing has been on the wall for a few years unfortunately, dfc will never get back to the heady heights of premier conference football until this board changes fact
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I’m not quite ‘getting’ the Board criticism. Unless I’m absolutely missing something. They appear to me to be doing a bloody good job. The Club is healthy. Ok, a shit season and we know where the blame for that lies. But weren’t we all kinda happy with the Board’s decision to appoint Dowson? Ok, I was disappointed his contract was extended. But I fail to see where the Board are culpable for what is, in the overall grand scheme of DFC, a minor blip. Even if we go down, we’ll be back up. And history will prove that the last two seasons were no more than a hiccup. I’d say give em a break or, unless, I AM missing something.
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

You’re missing something 100% the boards fault! Falling
crowds, no desire to progress and an old boys club.

Definitely the boards fault it’s like one of the prem top
6 getting relegated its miss management of the highest
degree.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:13 pm I’m not quite ‘getting’ the Board criticism. Unless I’m absolutely missing something. They appear to me to be doing a bloody good job. The Club is healthy. Ok, a shit season and we know where the blame for that lies. But weren’t we all kinda happy with the Board’s decision to appoint Dowson? Ok, I was disappointed his contract was extended. But I fail to see where the Board are culpable for what is, in the overall grand scheme of DFC, a minor blip. Even if we go down, we’ll be back up. And history will prove that the last two seasons were no more than a hiccup. I’d say give em a break or, unless, I AM missing something.
Approved Dowse's useless signings
Too long to sack Dowse
No plan when they did sack him, TB left in interim for far too long

The running of the club overall has been good, however they need to take criticism for this season.